• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• southpaw

• taike

• steve50

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Lotus Vikrant in lava aluminite with a 1.1mm stub arrived today! The packaging was very secure. A plastic box was wrapped in tape and cushioning material, and the pen box was inside the plastic one (great size - I'll use it to store some pen supplies in it). The box was the standard cardboard box, but the Vikrant was inside in a nice red pen sack. The material has great depth. It's a huge pen, which I am absolutely thrilled with! The craftsmanship is very good, as is the case on the cumberland ebonite Shikhar I have from Lotus. Very happy customer! (Forgive the lack of pictures - I may be able to take one or two later, but they'll only be cellphone camera ones.)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

My Lotus Vikrant in lava aluminite with a 1.1mm stub arrived today! The packaging was very secure. A plastic box was wrapped in tape and cushioning material, and the pen box was inside the plastic one (great size - I'll use it to store some pen supplies in it). The box was the standard cardboard box, but the Vikrant was inside in a nice red pen sack. The material has great depth. It's a huge pen, which I am absolutely thrilled with! The craftsmanship is very good, as is the case on the cumberland ebonite Shikhar I have from Lotus. Very happy customer! (Forgive the lack of pictures - I may be able to take one or two later, but they'll only be cellphone camera ones.)

Congratulations. I got word that my alumilite Lekhak is on the way. Glad yours turned out so well.

Edited by EDC

Also waiting for my Vikrant in ripple ebonite. I was tempted to go with one of the acrylics but the ebonite on my other Lotus feels so lovely so had to get another one...

My first buy. So...will I be contacted for payment and details? Thanks!

You must have been contacted

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Hi Mehandiratta, I saw you received your Vikrant. I ordered one, and I'm curious how the main threads are done. So I imagine the metal threads are on the barrel - are they entirely made of metal or is it a layer of metal covering the ebonite? And how are the two materials joined together? Does it add some weight to the pen? Sorry for so many questions :)

Edited by steve50

• 2 weeks later...

My Lotus Vikrant in Turquoise Brown Lava Lamp (Aluminite) just arrived. When I first ordered it I was a little hesitant as I don't really see brown and blue going together well. Now that I hold it in my hand I see how gorgeous the combination can be. It is a very beautiful pen and I don't regret my purchase at all.

My Lotus Vikrant in Turquoise Brown Lava Lamp (Aluminite) just arrived. When I first ordered it I was a little hesitant as I don't really see brown and blue going together well. Now that I hold it in my hand I see how gorgeous the combination can be. It is a very beautiful pen and I don't regret my purchase at all.

Hello, could you please share how the metal threads are integrated into the body? Is it a metal overlay on the acrylic body, or are the inner threads also made of metal?

Got my blue mono acrylic Vikrant last week. It is a very pretty pen.. Immediately contacted Lotus pens and placed an order for a red one as well. Loved the material, finish, comfort, weight and everything else about the pen.. Below are some snaps of the pen.

img_7930.jpg?w=800

img_7898.jpg?w=800

img_7933.jpg?w=800\

Regards,

Dinuraj

• 2 months later...

Just got mine today in the super-bright Orange Crush acrylic. Wonderful quality. Writes superb. I'm asking them now about another. I love the shape, but I would refer something with maybe an 11mm or 12mm section. This one might be a tad big, but we will see as I correspond to them.

Here is mine next to a Classic Pens Flame Red LM1 and a Platinum Izumo Tamenuri, but of which are similar in size/shape to the Lotus pens. They both just happened to be filled this week.

Skip

http://www.skipwilliams.com/upload/20181022_134517000_iOS.jpg

http://www.skipwilliams.com/upload/20181022_134608000_iOS.jpg

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

• 2 years later...
On 7/27/2018 at 7:21 AM, steve50 said:

Also waiting for my Vikrant in ripple ebonite. I was tempted to go with one of the acrylics but the ebonite on my other Lotus feels so lovely so had to get another one...

Hello Steve, when you received your ebonite Vikrant did you feel the brass element or the step down effected the balance or the feel of the ebonite on the section? The Lotus acrylic can be very beautiful, but I agree that feel of ebonite is difficult to beat.

Which were the previous Lotus models you have, and how does the Vikrant compare? Thank you for any comments.

regards

Dupontdelamare