• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PrestoTenebroso

• amberleadavis

• Honeybadgers

• Kewl

Pierre I wish you would just cave and put a clip on the BAMF - I really want to have one as a work pen, but my uniform requires pens with clips, since the breast pockets are stupid and pens without clips fall in and go sideways.

I would also be super down with a soubriquet in solid clear acrylic. Is that something you can do?

The filling system you made for the cocobolo pen is utter genius, BTW. A wood barrel, self filler system with a proper ink window and no hassle.

Of course I could do that in clear acrylic. A handful of clear gray Soubriquets were actually on the website a little while ago that had BOCK EF nibs. I'm glad you like that cocobolo pen. They were a doozy to do. As for the BAMF clip stuff, that's really not likely to happen. What's more likely is you'll see a different black Precession with a clip.

So, not the teleportation aficionados' pen I was hoping for. :/

I'm sorry to disappoint you.

+1 for the clip suggestion. Actually, anything that would serve as a roll stop. A clipless faceted pen would do that, too :)

I've got a limited run of Chiaroscuro pens that may suit you. Do you remember that model? 12 contoured facets. Ebonite.

Yeah clip and bock threading option

I'm not going to do a pen where you get the option to switch between Bock and Jowo screw in nib units. However, I just spoke with a customer who successfully pulled the JoWo nib out of one and replaced it with a Bock nib. I don't endorse that, but it has been done. In my reply to Honeybadgers earlier, I mention clips.

I've got a limited run of Chiaroscuro pens that may suit you. Do you remember that model? 12 contoured facets. Ebonite.

Ooh, no, I was not aware of that one. I just hurried back to your website and searched for it, but I guess it was too limited.

Every now an then I think about the BAMF, in particular, whenever I watch my favorite movie.

I just read the part of your FAQ confirming that I can swap your Zebra G nib unit with a Jowo, so I'm inching closer. Maybe another viewing of Pulp Fiction and...

Of course I could do that in clear acrylic. A handful of clear gray Soubriquets were actually on the website a little while ago that had BOCK EF nibs. I'm glad you like that cocobolo pen. They were a doozy to do. As for the BAMF clip stuff, that's really not likely to happen. What's more likely is you'll see a different black Precession with a clip.

How does the precession model differ from the BAMF apart from the lack of awesome engraving? Would it still be ebonite, with a colored section?

And does the sobriquet post deeply/securely? That would also be an important thing for me to consider. If it does, I'll definitely be emailing you in the next couple months to get a clear sobriquet made. If not, I'll just grab a daedalus since I have some clip-on clips that would fit it nicely.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Ooh, no, I was not aware of that one. I just hurried back to your website and searched for it, but I guess it was too limited.

Every now an then I think about the BAMF, in particular, whenever I watch my favorite movie.

I just read the part of your FAQ confirming that I can swap your Zebra G nib unit with a Jowo, so I'm inching closer. Maybe another viewing of Pulp Fiction and...

Could you email me? I actually put the Chiaroscura on sale a few years ago (there's a page on FPN about them, I think). I am going to a rerelease of them later, but if you want to try and sneak yours now…

How does the precession model differ from the BAMF apart from the lack of awesome engraving? Would it still be ebonite, with a colored section?

And does the sobriquet post deeply/securely? That would also be an important thing for me to consider. If it does, I'll definitely be emailing you in the next couple months to get a clear sobriquet made. If not, I'll just grab a daedalus since I have some clip-on clips that would fit it nicely.

The BAMF is a Precession with that color scheme. That's what makes the BAMF what it is, not the Precession "something else." The Precessions don't post. I've made them in wood, ebonite, delrin, and other plastics.

The Soubriquet: I can't tell you what to do with the pen you buy, but you can wedge the cap on gently, if you want, but if you push a little too hard, the taper will get the better of the cap lip, and you'll split the cap. Cylinder vs. Taper. Wedges win. I think it's a great size unposted, which is the way I use mine. Lots of people tell me how "right" it feels, but you'll have to buy one and let me know for yourself. The only pens I make that were designed to post look like they were.

Now, for posterity: I am not a "custom pen maker"; Strictly speaking, I don't take custom orders, and I have done only a handful of custom jobs over the years at my discretion. I do small batch production, and I work on spec. Does this help?

I have one of Pierre's BAMF Fountain Pens from the last batch that he did....WONDERFUL PEN...Unique, Great Writer, very well made...I really enjoy writing with it.

The workmanship is so good, that if you didn't know it had a blind cap to access the Pump mechanism, you would not be able to locate it....the point where the barrel meets the blind cap is so smooth, it is virtually invisible.

I have several other of Pierre's Fountain Pens, and I enjoy them for the same reasons....

The frustration can be...waiting for the next batch of a Pen that you want to purchase....but there are only so many hours in a day for Pierre to make the Pens, and this is a part time gig for him.

(PS: I am not associated with Pierre in any way, Only a very satisfied multiple time customer.)

Bill P.

Could you email me? I actually put the Chiaroscura on sale a few years ago (there's a page on FPN about them, I think). I am going to a rerelease of them later, but if you want to try and sneak yours now…

The BAMF is a Precession with that color scheme. That's what makes the BAMF what it is, not the Precession "something else." The Precessions don't post. I've made them in wood, ebonite, delrin, and other plastics.

The Soubriquet: I can't tell you what to do with the pen you buy, but you can wedge the cap on gently, if you want, but if you push a little too hard, the taper will get the better of the cap lip, and you'll split the cap. Cylinder vs. Taper. Wedges win. I think it's a great size unposted, which is the way I use mine. Lots of people tell me how "right" it feels, but you'll have to buy one and let me know for yourself. The only pens I make that were designed to post look like they were.

Now, for posterity: I am not a "custom pen maker"; Strictly speaking, I don't take custom orders, and I have done only a handful of custom jobs over the years at my discretion. I do small batch production, and I work on spec. Does this help?

Works fine for me!

I just need a pen that can post because I am quite often standing and writing on my patient's charts, so having a cap that can't be misplaced (by popping it on the back) is kind of critical.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Works fine for me!

I just need a pen that can post because I am quite often standing and writing on my patient's charts, so having a cap that can't be misplaced (by popping it on the back) is kind of critical.

Oh man. That's a hard nut to crack. If you write me an email, I might be able to tell you about something you can use. A little…secret for a public place like this.

I have one of Pierre's BAMF Fountain Pens from the last batch that he did....WONDERFUL PEN...Unique, Great Writer, very well made...I really enjoy writing with it.

The workmanship is so good, that if you didn't know it had a blind cap to access the Pump mechanism, you would not be able to locate it....the point where the barrel meets the blind cap is so smooth, it is virtually invisible.

I have several other of Pierre's Fountain Pens, and I enjoy them for the same reasons....

The frustration can be...waiting for the next batch of a Pen that you want to purchase....but there are only so many hours in a day for Pierre to make the Pens, and this is a part time gig for him.

(PS: I am not associated with Pierre in any way, Only a very satisfied multiple time customer.)

Bill P.

Thank you so much! Only so many days, but this is full time.

• 8 months later...

Just throwing it out there, I am looking forward to owning one of these or two :) Can't wait for the next batch. 

-B

• 5 months later...

So I was very excited to see this pen in stock and put in an order for a zebra g BAMF. I use the zebra G in my drawings but usually write with a stiff nib (I'm a lefty). 

My question is for people who want to swap between a zebra G and a jowo #6 it seems like it's designed to take either but I know that the nib curve and feed size would be a little different? Maybe they aren't? How easy is it to swap to the different nibs on this pen? I don't mind getting ink on my fingers. 

50 minutes ago, mouse2cat said:

My question is for people who want to swap between a zebra G and a jowo #6 it seems like it's designed to take either but I know that the nib curve and feed size would be a little different? Maybe they aren't? How easy is it to swap to the different nibs on this pen? I don't mind getting ink on my fingers. 

On the Soubriquet (also a Desiderata pen), you:

1) pull the Zebra G nib and feed out

2) use an Allen key (does a long enough hex bit exist?) to unscrew the inside of the custom nib housing

3) hand thread a Jowo nib unit in as usual.

Hopefully it's as simple as that on the BAMF.

On 12/25/2021 at 3:07 PM, JosephKing said:

2) use an Allen key (does a long enough hex bit exist?) to unscrew the inside of the custom nib housing

That would be great! I am really excited to try to Zebra G set up but I know that I would probably use the Jowo more regularly so being able to switch between the two would make this pen really functional for me. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, JosephKing said:

Yes! It's like that on all of them!