Eternal Obsession For Burgundy (Life Of Montblanc 144 And More)

jhsd1124013561

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhsd1124013561

• Tom Kellie

• max dog

• antleo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1586666593__le_petit_prince_avec_des

Le Petit Prince Avec Des Encres Herbin

fpn_1586666791__color_comparison.jpg

Color Comparison

fpn_1586666903__uncapped_and_inked_for_u

Uncapped and Inked for Use

fpn_1586667295__montblanc_poa_marquise_d

Montblanc Patron of Art Marquise de Pompadour and Montblanc Special Edition 146 Petit Prince and Planet

fpn_1586667545__three_recent_fountain_pe

Three Recent Fountain Pens In Red

fpn_1586667679__platinum_3776_century_ca

Platinum 3776 Century Carnelian SF — Pelikan M205 Star Ruby BB — Montblanc 146 Petit Prince and Planet EF

Hello jhsd1124013561! Sorry for confusion. It is the same 144 fountain pen on both photos; the photo of the nib was taken a couple of months before the second photo and before it got damaged !? The converter might not belong to the pen, it's just that I found them together (but the FP had a cartridge in it !?!) and assumed they belonged together. 1st gen then, thanks for the confirmation.

Hi there,

Looking at your first photo, it looks like a 1st gen nib with correct black colored section.

However, the second photo shows a burgundy color section and a feed not belong to 1st gen, I got confused there...

Hello jhsd1124013561! Sorry for confusion. It is the same 144 fountain pen on both photos; the photo of the nib was taken a couple of months before the second photo and before it got damaged !? The converter might not belong to the pen, it's just that I found them together (but the FP had a cartridge in it !?!) and assumed they belonged together. 1st gen then, thanks for the confirmation.

• 2 months later...

fpn_1592454119__side-by-side.jpg

Side-by-Side

Montblanc 146 Special Edition Petit Prince and Planet EF

with

Sailor 1911 Realo Maroon 21K EF

I tried to photograph my 146 burgundy beside my LPP Planets and something very peculiar happened. The LPP is very slightly darker and to the eye looks a little more towards a brown hue but when photographed the LPP appears more red! I think it may be due to the high shine of the finish? Who knows.

It's why I haven't put them up here as they would look misleading.

• 4 months later...

I have only today the whole of this posting plus jhsd’s post on the 12/14 series and had that warm feeling.

My two favourites for balance and smoothness are the 12 and 144.

What wonderful informative articles.

• 2 months later...

My 2nd generation 144R has an 18K nib. Clip says W-GERMANY and no serial number. Section is burgundy and has brass fitting.

Excellent pen and fits in the pocket of my scrubs perfectly.

C8690FCB-E7FC-4E31-8BE0-FA7A0D3F3554.jpeg

The pic in my signature is my 1st generation 144R with the black section and plastic fitting. That nib is 14k.

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

• 3 months later...

I have always been an admirer of burgundy.  Actually most colors are nice except for brown...too earthy and proletarian for my taste.  

• 2 months later...

Were any burgundy Montblanc released with silver clip and adornments?

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, Anne-Sophie said:

Were any burgundy Montblanc released with silver clip and adornments?

I have only seen pictures of burgundy and gold, no other colours, though burgundy/platinum does sound like an interesting combination.

• 1 month later...

My Burgundy 146

1683237789_Bugundy1461.thumb.jpg.e2d2a030e03dca0729a8450a05eac1d8.jpg1053017536_Bugundy1464.thumb.jpg.031b58c03a06360088dc9471c2e3ef14.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 months later...

It looks to me that the first 53 images of the original post are not appearing due to broken links... 😢

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 4 weeks later...

'Burgundy' and 'bordeaux' are just two different words for the exact same colour, right? I.e., a 144 Burgundy is the equivalent to a 144 Bordeaux.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:45 PM, womble21 said:

'Burgundy' and 'bordeaux' are just two different words for the exact same colour, right? I.e., a 144 Burgundy is the equivalent to a 144 Bordeaux.

I experience the same, which is a real pity - this is an excellent post!