Wing Sung 601 Auto Draw Filler

taike

Here's what the No. 1 nib looks like in the pen and a writing sample. Definitely a winner. The bottom nib is a Delike art / bent nib for comparison.

The section, feed and collector are interchangeable between the 601 and 618.

hFGXTGAh.jpg

WWWYiK6h.jpg

Yep, I agree. That nib is fantastic! I prefer it's smoothness and wetness to the 12k fine nib in my other 601.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taike

• truthpil

• KellyMcJ

• Honeybadgers

+1

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Thanks for the discussion it has increased my knowledge.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Welp. I found out that they come in amazing colors including metallic blue ordered one from my favorite seller in China. Now we wait...

The filling system is so neat I may have to go for a demonstrator next.

Welp. I found out that they come in amazing colors including metallic blue ordered one from my favorite seller in China. Now we wait...

The filling system is so neat I may have to go for a demonstrator next.

Which seller do you buy from?

Which seller do you buy from?

art-pen-book-dy on eBay. I've bought from them multiple times and they're always trustworthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just arrived. Wow! I'm blown away! The filling system is amazing, better in my opinion than my beloved 618....and it has the clutch cap.

I'm sure glad they didn't give up on the vacuum filling concept because they nailed it.

• 10 months later...

After reading this I picked up a 601 clear Demonstrator and WOW I am super impressed. It writes smoothly, feels good and has worked perfectly right out of the box.

I've bought 7, two have had problems, one a Mk1 diaphragm black, the other is a Mk2 piston black, both with the hood splitting. All the others have been reasonable. My Mk3 (blue double jewel) burgundy is a messy pen into the cap. The rest have been pretty good, with the Flashing Blue one being the only pen I have had that tames Noodler's BSB and makes it a pleasant and usable ink. Every now & again the Mk2 Green with windows is a bit dry, and sometimes my transparent green MK2 has similar fits.

On 4 of the pens I have the #2 fude nib, which feels like a UK Medium. Very nice. I now take them out of the house instead of my P51's, so as to avoid damage to my P51's.

Regards,

Richard.

My 601 Burgundy is my most reliable pen that I almost always ink up.

Such a great EDC carry and I am looking to buy the double jewel and a more understated black version. Too bad there is no stub option for the WS 601.

I got mine the cap says 601A but its not hooded like the P51 then again... was I suppose to trust whether or not what was pictured is what I will get... nah...

for anyone in the Philippines this is the link I used to buy the pen

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/fountain-pen-fine-nib-writing-vacuum-pump-transparent-clear-for-wing-sung-601-i256189332-s352320958.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.2.3c0136a5XvZg0O&search=1

I never get my high hopes up when purchasing online since its like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get though I'm pretty sure this "seller" has 3 other seller names under them give or take

but importantly the one I got writes without issues I will update my experience with the pen on this thread though

5h5tRAj.jpg

the one I got

Edited by Algester

That's another variant of Wing Sung namely 601A. The nib is heavily inspired by the vintage Sheaffer Triumph nib and not the P51 hooded style nib.

You should request to exchange the unit since it is not the same as advertised.

That's why buying trusted ebay seller or even Etsy is better in my experience.

I was not super happy with the A variant. The body line doesn't flow cleanly into the nib and it just looks a tiny bit janky.

The 601 piston (the older sac can be prone to tearing with time, and the piston fills faster) is kind of a perfect everyday pen. I honestly parker still made the 51 with the filler system of the 601 and its ink windows. I'd love a 601 with a more premium fit and finish. I'd easily pay $60 if they made a higher end one with a gold nib and better fit/finish of materials.

It'd be fun to try making a barrel/hood for one out of ebonite or acrylic. I really need to get that metal lathe.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I was not super happy with the A variant. The body line doesn't flow cleanly into the nib and it just looks a tiny bit janky.

The 601 piston (the older sac can be prone to tearing with time, and the piston fills faster) is kind of a perfect everyday pen. I honestly parker still made the 51 with the filler system of the 601 and its ink windows. I'd love a 601 with a more premium fit and finish. I'd easily pay $60 if they made a higher end one with a gold nib and better fit/finish of materials.

It'd be fun to try making a barrel/hood for one out of ebonite or acrylic. I really need to get that metal lathe.

I was not in love with the 601A when I first got it. The nib is incongruous. But it's found a home in my errands notebook as a fine, stiff writer for completing forms and the like.

As for a premium 601, I ran across this silver cap/gold nib variant recently. About US$80. Not a pen for me - so I didn't pay much mind - but maybe what you're looking for?

It seems to have come off sale now and is listed as out of stock. Don't know if that means its sold out or not yet available.

O1CN016rWvYf2KkYmfahcNq_!!2031129595.jpg

Interesting, since when did they start putting writing on the barrel?

First time I can recall for this pen.

I guess the imprint is just for this special silver-capped version. Looks nice, but for that price I'd rather have a real Parker 51.

Edited by TruthPil