• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronderick

• bass1193

• stevesurf

• dapprman

Wow!! That's so beautiful!!!

I now know where my next chunk of expensive pen change is going!

ETA: I previously thought that the Nice was the prettiest in the series, but I think I need to add this to my 3776 collection!

Edited by bass1193

Oh yeah! This is beautiful! I may just have to spring for this one.

But, it does say at the bottom of the page that it will be limited overseas.

Edited by DrPenfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I really like the looks of this one! Even though the release says the color is popular among women in their 30's, I suppose it's OK if a guy about to be 70 likes it too.

Are you sure you can release this yet? This warning appears below the (admittedly gorgeous) photo of the pen:

< Important >
Please seriously control not to carry any images and informatio n to any public.
Especially on the internet before Platinum officially release on our web site.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I think that is an internal notice they forgot to remove when they set the announcement up on their website (it is after all public on their own homepage), whilst it was viewable only by staff. I saw about a week ago on their site that they'd announce a new LE in the Mt. Fuji series on the 8th June, and they did today as announced. Then they just hit "publish" w/o editing out the internal notice. It's just a bit of sloppy work by Platinum staff...

Edited by Olya

"Remember not to post on the web... Oh, wait!"

That is one good looking pen, might even give the Pelikan m205 aquamarine a run for its money, but of course I've never seen that one in person. The Taccia spectrum in "Forest Green" also looks good.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Looks like CultPens will be carrying it--and at a good price too! I just signed up for their stock notification for all three nib sizes. It doesn't seem that any of the US retailers that I've visited have any news that they'll be getting this beauty.

Aaaaand never mind! Pen Chalet has it on the email blast they sent out this morning. Guess some US sellers will have it.

Looks like CultPens will be carrying it--and at a good price too! I just signed up for their stock notification for all three nib sizes. It doesn't seem that any of the US retailers that I've visited have any news that they'll be getting this beauty.

Thank you! Added my name to the mailing list!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, Platinum is back to engraving their Century Pens for the first 2500!

http://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/fountain_img/kumpoo/century_kumpoo_04.jpg

http://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/fountain_img/kumpoo/century_kumpoo_01.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Finally, Platinum is back to engraving their Century Pens for the first 2500!

http://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/fountain_img/kumpoo/century_kumpoo_04.jpg

This is one of the areas which I can't figure out.... I'd assume most of the Fuji-themed lakes/seasons limited edition had the engravings, but Oshino turns out not to be the case. Meanwhile, NICE had the engraving, but the pink and lavender only came with the number cards.

I wonder if they have a logic behind that, or do they just roll the dice for random outcome when announcing a new 3776?

For awareness Cult Pens in the UK are out of stock - got mine (#2113, soft medium nib) from them. Love it. Colour does match the adverts (are you listening Pelikan ;) ) and the waves give a nice pleasant texture (they're on the outside, not inside).

So I got mine from CultPens, with a soft medium nib, and I'm disappointed. I like the regular medium nib on my Bleu Chartres and I thought the soft medium would be, well... softer. Instead it is stiffer and extremely toothy, it makes much more noise when writing than the regular M.

Did I misunderstand what a soft medium nib is, and is this normal??

Thanks

Mine squeaked at first, even though I flushed before filling, but with use that has gone on most paper types so I suspect it's just a case of wearing the nib in. I can't compare to a normal medium, but it does partly surprise me as I have a fine and a soft fine and they feel similar, however the sf has spring and bounce back. The soft fine and soft medium nibs are not flex (one semi flex) but are designed for oriental calligraphy so they do offer variation, but it's as much the bounce back flick.