Pelikan Hubs 2018 !

Cyber6

You won't get a notification. They have started shipping and last year (I was Toronto Hubmaster last year, this year I am a CO-Hubmaster) I got mine like two days before. Which I was relieved since some hubs did not get theirs on time.

You can start worrying 2-3 days before... right now, you have time. '

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• inkstainedruth

• webgeckos

• fireant

I havent heard anything either (Salt Lake city hubmaster). There are a few people in the FB group who received their boxes but they didnt say anything about notifications from Pelikan (and I think they were European).

USA gets theirs via Chartpak, who is the distributor for Pelikan Products.

I havent heard anything either (Salt Lake city hubmaster). There are a few people in the FB group who received their boxes but they didnt say anything about notifications from Pelikan (and I think they were European).

Thanks for the info! At least I know that some cities already received their boxes. Last year, Pelikan-Germany emailed me to give me the tracking info and in 2016, I got an email directly from UPS about it.

I usually receive The Box a couple of days before the Hub. Nerve-wracking to say the least.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

You won't get a notification. They have started shipping and last year (I was Toronto Hubmaster last year, this year I am a CO-Hubmaster) I got mine like two days before. Which I was relieved since some hubs did not get theirs on time.

You can start worrying 2-3 days before... right now, you have time. '

C.

Thanks for the reassurance lol. I was also the 2016 Hubmaster for Vancouver and I remember getting the box delivered at 12:55pm the day of the 2016 Hub! I feel badly for those cities whose gifts arrived late in 2017... :(

Even the Europeans are getting them yesterday and today.

We are going to be f*cked !!.. America in Canada might not get it in time...

:(

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I think the last few posts have been about the gift box from Pelikan (but it's not entirely clear).

A post on the Hub master FB page this morning said that Chartpak started sending packages to the US on Friday and should finish today or tomorrow. Assuming they use 2-day shipping everything should arrive on time. This is definitely cutting it close and if any disruptions happen during shipping some locations may not receive their stuff. As long as my box arrives before Friday I'll be fine.

Pelikan Hub 2018 Can someone post the details for the hub in Toronto? Like date time location or Hubmaster contact. Also, I have no privileges on FPN. Still limited. I am having a hard time finding details for signing up? I am new so this was one of the brands that I wanted to buy my first gold nib fountain pen. I got sent back here from the Pelikan website. Sorry if this is not the right thread. Thanks in advance,

-Vera

Hi!

Can I come to this event? I looked for the registration it says there is one in Toronto but maybe I missed a deadline.

LMK.

Thanks!

-Vera

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

DONT FORGET TO REGISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US_INTL.CMS.displayCMS.252350./pelikan-hubs

On 21th September 2018, at 6:30 p.m. we invite all our fans to meet for Pelikan Hubs in different cities and countries all over the world.

pelikan-hubs-2018.jpg

C.

Can I come to this event? I looked for the registration it says there is one in Toronto but maybe I missed a deadline.

While you did miss the deadline (a lot of folks sadly did, as noted in a few posts to this thread), it sounds like a lot of hubs are open to a couple of non-registrants showing up. Cyber6 is, as I understand it, a co-hub master for Toronto this year, so you may want to PM her for information.

Hopefully that helps!

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

We are going to be f*cked !!.. America in Canada might not get it in time...

:(

I was on another platform and saw that a hub master received notification that their box would arrive on Monday. EEP.

Normally this would be bad but survivable since a lot of local pen club people attend our hub. But this year I have more first timers attending with some driving in from all over the states for the event.

So I am nail biting too.

Edited by fireant

Question.. anyone has been charged customs/duty ???. Just wondering

C.

I wasn't charged the first year they shipped the inks. With Chartpak distributing them, you shouldn't get charged at all-but then you're Canada so not 100% sure (don't worry, everyone loves Canadians)!!

Hi!

LMK.

Thanks!

-Vera

Hi Cyber6!

I do not have the privileges to direct or private message. Still a newbie.

If I can still join your event, my e-mail is nylarev@gmail.com

I would still need location details. I noted the date and time.

Thanks!

-V

Hi Vera,

I will forward your email to our Hubmaster. I can't promise you will get any swag, but you are welcome to come.

C.

Hi Cyber6!

I do not have the privileges to direct or private message. Still a newbie.

If I can still join your event, my e-mail is nylarev@gmail.com

I would still need location details. I noted the date and time.

Thanks!

-V

**** BauerInks.ca ****

The Pittsburgh Hubmaster sent out mail yesterday evening that the package is on its way -- he'd just gotten the notification that it was en route.

I can't wait! Trying to decide if I should ink up the new M120 Iconic Blue now (in time for the regular Steel City Nibs meeting tomorrow night) or wait till the Hub. I got it at the Commonwealth Pen Show on Sunday, and just flushed out any residual manufacturing debris last night. Boy -- is it a pretty pen! :wub:

Hopefully the M nib will not be too boring (I didn't have any choice on the nib at the show, but the price was decent). Thinking that I DON'T want to put Olivine in it -- that would just look weird, IMO....

Of course I have to clear off the counter to make potato salad (our hub is at a church, and we're doing a potluck); then figure out where to put it in the fridge before Friday evening.... :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

DON'T put that lovely pen in the fridge, Ruth!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)