Opus 88 Koloro--Handwritten Review

writerstephen

With apologies for my very poor lefty handwriting.

post-132920-0-83526700-1527879819_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-87492000-1527879850_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-53462900-1527879896_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-96767500-1527879921_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-86275000-1527879963_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-52493900-1527879994_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-84990200-1527880016_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-34171900-1527880098_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-62292600-1527880047_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-07160000-1527880074_thumb.jpg

post-132920-0-45783700-1527880119_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• MuddyWaters

• writerstephen

• Karmachanic

+1. Yes! Only difference being a 0.7 cursive italic and Diamine Eau de Nil.

Add lightness and simplicate.

+1 also, but with 0.8mm cursive italic and Organic Studios Nitrogen (also have its bigger, clear brother!)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

+1 also, but with 0.8mm cursive italic and Organic Studios Nitrogen (also have its bigger, clear brother!)

Nitrogen is great ink. Actually very similar to majestic blue in both color and sheen.

How do you like the #6 Opus nib? What width do you have on that one? How does it compare with the regular size Koloro?

Edited by writerstephen

Thanks for the review. I find the aesthetics of this pen more appealing the more I look at it.

I received my Koloro in the mail today, the blue/tan combination. I bought the pen primarily for the eyedropper filling system but the aesthetics of the thing played a big part as well. The pen was easy to fill (with Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku) & started almost immediately. The nib is smooth & juicy, one of the smoothest in my collection of over two dozen pens.

I haven't used the pen all that much, only a couple of A4 pages worth so far. In those pages I experienced none of the drying out/skipping reported by some others.

The only problem I have is that I ordered a medium nib while Opus 88 packed a broad in a box marked medium. I contacted the seller who is going to send the nib I ordered as a replacement, so no harm, no foul. (Check out the pen you receive before inking it up though.)

My initial impression is that this is a great pen that might call for a 14K nib one of these days (if I don't fall too deeply in love with the steel nib).

Nitrogen is great ink. Actually very similar to majestic blue in both color and sheen.

How do you like the #6 Opus nib? What width do you have on that one? How does it compare with the regular size Koloro?

I find Nitrogen to outsheen Majestic Blue, but maybe I didn't the DMB in a pen and nib and on a paper that would show it as easily.

I'm afraid I'm not help re the 88 nibs. They are standard JoWo nibs, so they should perform well and behave like others. I had a FPNibs.com semiflex gold nib waiting on the Koloro Demonstrator when it arrived. It's an amazing combination!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

• 2 years later...

Does this pen burp and leak at the nib when the valve is open like other eye droppers?

Not once in two years of being continually inked.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I've owned this pen for over a year in a medium nib and is one of my daily writers.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography