• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• namrehsnoom

• mhguda

• HalloweenHJB

This is my entry... I am not happy with this one, so may try another one later in the month. (I had trouble getting a half reasonable photo.)

fpn_1528245466__screen_shot_2018-06-06_a

Nice entry, although I too don't care much for that grey... but the chocolate brown reminded me I have a 30ml bottle of that somewhere...

Here where we don't do winter, June represents the height of the windy season, I'll have to think up a combination to show it off....

Luckily cold weather is not necessary to enjoy chocolate, although this time of year I prefer it as icecream...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Damn, Diamine Chocolate Brown looks so good. And Fuyu-Syogun looks better here than I remembered it.

There is no winter where I am either. I can't say I miss it much, except reading (or playing with the cat at 'who's gonna fall asleep first') by the fire indeed.

My June choices are here:

fpn_1528378289__2018-06-07_092850.jpg

And yes, I do like when the ink color complements the pen color. I'm funny that way... ;)

...and with this, I'm all caught up! Whew! These have been really fun to do. Big props to Lg for organizing everything!

fpn_1528690075__06_june.jpg

fpn_1528690105__06_june2.jpg

...and with this, I'm all caught up! Whew! These have been really fun to do. Big props to Lg for organizing everything!

fpn_1528690075__06_june.jpg

Great choice of colors, and a wonderful presentation!

I love these monthly challenges :D

My own ink choices are traditional this time ... autumn leave orange and cold night sky blue. These are represented by Diamine Autumn Oak and Papier Plume Bayou Nightfall.

fpn_1528828344__201806_-_warm_vs_cold_-_

• 2 weeks later...

I love these monthly challenges :D

My own ink choices are traditional this time ... autumn leave orange and cold night sky blue. These are represented by Diamine Autumn Oak and Papier Plume Bayou Nightfall.

fpn_1528828344__201806_-_warm_vs_cold_-_

That's totally your kind of colours! And gorgeous drawing! How did you make those lighter white cloud-ish/fluffy effects?

For the cold colour, I'm using a rather banal royal blue: Seitz Kreuznach Pacific Blue.

For the warm colour, a fairly new ink and a nice surprise: J. Herbin Rouge Grenat. It's a gorgeous and rich dark red. It's so saturated, so smooth. It's not like a J. Herbin ink at all (which is a good thing IMO).

(on grey paper)

fpn_1529776524__jpeg_image-599cf452cf35-

(swabs on Midori MD)

fpn_1529776522__jpeg_image-599cf452cf35-

(on Canson watercolour paper, and a lot of water)

fpn_1529776518__img_7421.jpg

(a Clairefontaine copy paper that covered the previous Canson paper while wet)

fpn_1529776538__img_7422.jpg

For the cold colour, I'm using a rather banal royal blue: Seitz Kreuznach Pacific Blue.

For the warm colour, a fairly new ink and a nice surprise: J. Herbin Rouge Grenat. It's a gorgeous and rich dark red. It's so saturated, so smooth. It's not like a J. Herbin ink at all (which is a good thing IMO).

(on grey paper)

(swabs on Midori MD)

(on Canson watercolour paper, and a lot of water)

fpn_1529776518__img_7421.jpg

(a Clairefontaine copy paper that covered the previous Canson paper while wet)

fpn_1529776538__img_7422.jpg

Wow! "Trippy" as we say in the States. Reminds me of a lava lamp... :)

Interesting that in the written exemplar Rouge Grenat is very much a rusty color -- but in the artwork, diluted, there's a LOT of rosy pink and some violet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That's totally your kind of colours! And gorgeous drawing! How did you make those lighter white cloud-ish/fluffy effects?

Saturate a piece of cotton string with ink, curl it up between two pages of paper, put a book on top of the pages putting pressure on them, and pull the string out. You’re guaranteed to get some nice-looking effects.

Saturate a piece of cotton string with ink, curl it up between two pages of paper, put a book on top of the pages putting pressure on them, and pull the string out. You’re guaranteed to get some nice-looking effects.

Oh, I've been doing the same thing recently, but I didn't get that "fluffy" effect like yours. I get things like this:

fpn_1530047886__img_7457.jpg

Maybe my string is not thick and wet enough?

Also very nice!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying the colors and the artwork that appear in these monthly ink combo threads. I always have good intentions of posting something. Usually I daydream about combos, but don't execute my ideas. I'll have to make something to post sometime soon.