Conid Cappuccino And Now A M Bcb Db Ft +

Valkyrii

I just can't seem to want to carry my Conid Cappuccino out of the house. I find myself hungrier and hungrier for ink capacity and the right sized pen. I even contemplated selling the Cappuccino but couldn't nerve it.

I broke down today and ordered a Minimalistica and now the wait begins.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Valkyrii

• Mew

• Karmachanic

• Lloyd

Mine ships June 4. The waiting part is interesting. Particularly after the fourth week. Patience!

Add lightness and simplicate.

Mine ships June 4. The waiting part is interesting. Particularly after the fourth week. Patience!

Looks like mine will arrive in July. Got the email overnight. I was amused they asked about the Cappuccino. :)

The wait will be worth it. The Minimalistica is a wonderful pen, I love mine with a fine titanium nib with a touch of spring.

Enjoy.

Looks like mine will arrive in July. Got the email overnight. I was amused they asked about the Cappuccino. :)

That's the way they are at Conid. I had a similar experience when ordering.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a minimalistica hold as much ink as a cappuccino (LE) would hold?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a minimalistica hold as much ink as a cappuccino (LE) would hold?

Yes. My original post is inadvertently misleading. I'm not looking to replace the Cappuccino for capacity. I don't like to carry the cappuccino. I have TWSBIs and several other vacuum fill, or eyedropper or pistons and none fit my needs quite well enough. After reviewing what I wanted in a pen, the Minimalistica matched most of my criteria. And having a Conid already, I know a bit of what I'm getting into and I know I won't regret the decision.

This summarizes the experience quite well:

Also, the Ti Medium nibs are nice, wet and expressive--if you haven't tried one, I'd recommend adding it to your order.

Capacity. Conid turns it up to 11!

Edited by Karmachanic

Ordered a demonstrator Regular with three nibs to go along with my Cappuccino. It's the only pen i have had inked up continuously since purchase. Maybe a kingsize this fall...

I ordered a Minimalistica 2 weeks ago with titanium nib F stub. I visited Conids factory last year and let my hand choose the best fit. It was the Minimalistica instead of the Regular or the Kingsize. It should arrive at the end of june.

Orval

I wish they'd release a pen in an interesting material. Celluloid perhaps?

I had a kingsize monarch (fontoplumo exclusive) for 7 months before I let it go because the orange ebonite was too drab for my taste. Don't want black pens or demos either.

The wait will be worth it. The Minimalistica is a wonderful pen, I love mine with a fine titanium nib with a touch of spring.

Enjoy.

I debated on a titanium nib but decided on the regular nib since I'll use this for longer writing sessions. I find I inadvertently compensate for the spring when writing with any nibs with bounce for long periods of time and it causes fatigue. I can always swap one in later. I've swapped nibs on my Cappuccino a dozen times.

I wish they'd release a pen in an interesting material. Celluloid perhaps?

I had a kingsize monarch (fontoplumo exclusive) for 7 months before I let it go because the orange ebonite was too drab for my taste. Don't want black pens or demos either.

I enjoy demos lately aesthetically as the color can be what ever I want to write with. I considered several other pens for this purchase but the versatility of this pen won out this round for my needs. I agree though, it would be nice to see more variation. I would have loved the Antwerp but the cost variance didn't justify itself to me to have red.

I ordered a Minimalistica 2 weeks ago with titanium nib F stub. I visited Conids factory last year and let my hand choose the best fit. It was the Minimalistica instead of the Regular or the Kingsize. It should arrive at the end of june.

Part of my decision making process was comparison. My Cappuccino is slightly large for long writing spells. A Lamy 2000 in contrast is a little too small. The Minimalistica is between the two. I also like the tapered grip design. Add to that I wanted this pen to be a demonstrator body but I did not want the cap clear. The only thing I would change if I could is a round finial and blind cap.

I enjoy demos lately aesthetically as the color can be what ever I want to write with. I considered several other pens for this purchase but the versatility of this pen won out this round for my needs. I agree though, it would be nice to see more variation. I would have loved the Antwerp but the cost variance didn't justify itself to me to have red.

Even I considered the red as my interest in orange ebonite was waning. But i prefer pilot nibs over generic bock or anything else and have a red pen from them (Namiki Urushi #50) so didn't feel like going for it. I don't take filling system into consideration anymore. I would appreciate it for a while before losing interest, and if the pen doesn't look nice, it will probably be sold in 6 months like the Monarch.

Even I considered the red as my interest in orange ebonite was waning. But i prefer pilot nibs over generic bock or anything else and have a red pen from them (Namiki Urushi #50) so didn't feel like going for it. I don't take filling system into consideration anymore. I would appreciate it for a while before losing interest, and if the pen doesn't look nice, it will probably be sold in 6 months like the Monarch.

I burn thru converters too quickly in my daily writing. I can empty a piston filler in an afternoon. They are insufficient for my needs and while I agree Pilot nibs are superb, their converters are woefully inadequate for my needs. I rarely leave Bock nibs in anything (although my Conid nib is one of the best tuned.) My Cappuccino is currently sporting a Franklin Christoph (JoWo) 14K flex nib. The Minimalistica will likely get its nib swapped out as well. It is one of the reasons I chose it. I can change nibs and refit to my design.

I burn thru converters too quickly in my daily writing. I can empty a piston filler in an afternoon. They are insufficient for my needs and while I agree Pilot nibs are superb, their converters are woefully inadequate for my needs. I rarely leave Bock nibs in anything (although my Conid nib is one of the best tuned.) My Cappuccino is currently sporting a Franklin Christoph (JoWo) 14K flex nib. The Minimalistica will likely get its nib swapped out as well. It is one of the reasons I chose it. I can change nibs and refit to my design.

I don't use their convertors either. :)

I have their Pilot Custom 823 (vac filler - 2.5ml capacity) and Namiki Urushi #50 (Japanese Eyedropper - 4ml ink capacity).