Namiki Yukari Base Model

Mastiff

On 2/23/2021 at 4:48 AM, fcarbon said:

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this: is the regular Yukari (e.g. Rock Garden) a brass, resin or ebonite bodied pen? Some sellers advertise it as "metal" ...

Brass body. It's a LOVELY little pen.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fcarbon

• Mastiff

• Linger

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2018 at 2:30 AM, seobe334 said:

Thanks Morphling!

I have a moonlight yukari that I really love, but I am too shy to take it outside. With regard to yukari royal, in my humble subjective personal opinion, it is just not worth the price :(

I've looked into 742/743 etc but unfortunately they look like fake Montblancs... I think I might have to look into buying another makie like Jar suggested.

PS do you play dota2?

I think you might have missed the point on the subtle difference between all the Pilot models. The Namiki range all are a celebration of Japanese traditional maki-e and Urushi craft. Thus the emphasis is on the body more than the nibs. Although all the nibs are amazing. However the selection of nibs are meagre. Usually limited to Fine, and Medium and in the bigger pens, broad. 

The Custom Heritages 742 and 743 are celebrations of the art of the nib crafting. They are purely designed to be tools to be used. Their bodies are meant to be as nondescript as possible so that you don't draw any attention when you use the pen in a meeting. At said meeting, the pen will perform flawlessly because the nib has be chosen to fit your handwriting style. 

There are a few higher end Pilots that aren't quite at the level of Namiki's you might look into. The Seirei Nuri being one. It has a very simple "dragon fly wing" pattern on it. Much simpler than any Yukari but still based on the Yukari body. Unfortunately it uses a Pilot nib, but other than the imprints and branding, it's the identical pen.

On a different (or rather recurring ...) note: are the Kokkokai only (no artist signature) Yukari’s (like the Rock Garden) all hand painted or still partly screened?