Changing Server this weekend

Admin

Just to let everyone know, our Patron Saint Cam will be changing our server this weekend. The site may not be available for an indefinite time during the switch. It might only be a few minutes, or a few hours. Hopefully it will go smoothly and you'll all survive the temporary withdrawal symptoms you might feel.

The Admin Team

Elaine, KCat, Leslie, Keith and Wim

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leslie J.

• Cam

• southpaw

• Slush99

Hi all,

If you're reading this, you're on the new server -- welcome!

It would be interesting if folks feel the site is now faster/slower/etc. to see if it was worth it! ;)

Thanks Cam! :D

Edit: Oops, I see a few problems. We'll try work them out today. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Leslie J.

Never lie to your dog.

Faster? How can I tell . . . I'm on dial-up :( :bonk: !

But seriously, thanks for all the hard work trying to make FPN even better!!!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi all,

If you're reading this, you're on the new server -- welcome!

It would be interesting if folks feel the site is now faster/slower/etc. to see if it was worth it! ;)

It's looking really good, Cam. Once the threads are untangled it will be fun to get a feeling for the speed over various times of the day/night.

So far, though, in only a few dozen accesses, the speed is significantly better. I'm noticing nearly instaneous response. :rolleyes: Looks like ya done good! Thanks. :)

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

It looks like the thread confusion may have been from some folks to tried to submit posts during a set time period.

Admins can untangle the existing threads, and check to be sure that new threads are now coming in independantly now.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I apologize for the confusion today. There are several posts that have merged. I've been trying to untangle them, but in some cases I need to "invent" new titles or ask for them if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I've just noticed that some threads have disappeared since yesterday. We will try to recover them tonight.

Edited by Leslie J.

Never lie to your dog.

Hi Cam,

It certainly is faster for me, thanks for that!

Just wondering where the silly merged threads originate from, now. We'll just fix them one by one, as Leslie indicated.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Guest Denis Richard

Yes, definitely faster. Thanks Saint Cam :D

Denis.

ps : Cam, in these little few weeks, we'd better have exclusive pics of junior :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello -- Your clock is off. It is giving strange times and dates. For example, it showed that the last time I visited was 14 August 2004 @ 11:45 PM and it is NOW 14 August 2005 @ 7:52 pm. I hope this helps your debugging process.

Phroneo's Pens

Current Pen Set Rotation: Conway Stewart 27 Green Hatch Broad Nib, Vintage Conway Stewart '58' Tiger's Eye Medium Italic Nib & Conway Stewart 60L Red Herringbone Broad Italic Nib

• 3 months later...
I've done some tweaking to the server which should mean things running a bit faster. If you see any problems, gimme a holler!

Cam, a sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU for being so gracious and kind. I know that it' sthe group as a whole that makes FPN such a wonderful place, but without your generosity, it wouldn't happen. Thanks for leading the way.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Thank you so much! :D

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

Cam, thanks a bunch...There's a world of difference; everything is running much faster tonight! :) :) :)

Best, Ann

Thanks! The site is noticeably faster. Good job!

Best regards,

Harold

"Desire, passion, dedication, hard work, good food and a little luck are all you need to succede in life"

--Alison Dunlap

I've done some tweaking to the server which should mean things running a bit faster. If you see any problems, gimme a holler!

Cam, a sincere and heartfelt THANK YOU for being so gracious and kind. I know that it' sthe group as a whole that makes FPN such a wonderful place, but without your generosity, it wouldn't happen. Thanks for leading the way.

Hear, hear!

Well said, SP :)