New Pelikan Special Edition Souverän M815 Metal Striped Fountain Pen

Fritz Schimpf

Within two days Pelikan is announcing another fascinating fountain pen. Due to be

released by mid June the Pelikan Special Edition Souverän M815 Metal Striped fountain pen

is up for pre-order at our shop.

The M815 has an acrylic body adorned with metal stripes shining in silver.

post-80974-0-90386300-1526371863_thumb.jpg

The M815 features a grey ink window behind the section.

post-80974-0-09222300-1526372081_thumb.jpg

Further information can be found (in German) here:

https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/Neuheiten/Pelikan-Special-Edition-Souveraen-M815-Metal-Striped-Kolbenfuellhalter.html

post-80974-0-60228000-1526372525_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Fritz Schimpf

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fritz Schimpf

• jmnav

• PAKMAN

• demcav

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful pen ! Too bad it looks a lot like my M805 Stresemann, so I cannot justify the buy...

Frankly, I think the Stresemann is better looking. And as an M800 size pen, it will be too large for me as well as being too expensive. So, happily I can pass -- and take comfort in my M405 Stresemann.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Beautiful, can't wait to see one in person!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Really beautiful, but I prefer the 805 Stresmann, too. Don't know why , really. It just appeals more to my liking. Luckily, it's also a lot cheaper. Yay, I'm going to save money because I'm going to buy it next month or so. But I want to test it before as I am not sure whether an 800 is too big for my hands.

Frankly, I think the Stresemann is better looking. And as an M800 size pen, it will be too large for me as well as being too expensive. So, happily I can pass -- and take comfort in my M405 Stresemann.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Stresemann also has the objective advantage of the entire barrel being an ink window, instead of just the tiny little spot at the top, which cuts the design too sharply into two sections anyway.

And this is an issue I have with all of these Pelikan designs that use this type of ink window. Entire barrel being ink window is simply a flat out better design.

Love my 800s and not a huge fan of this look. Easy pass for me. I think the blue stripe, red stripe and ocean swirl are all more attractive. Some like peanut butter... Some like jelly.

Beautiful pen ! Too bad it looks a lot like my M805 Stresemann, so I cannot justify the buy...

Yeah. Me too--although I actually prefer the metal stripes!

It's has been a very monotone set of releases this year but I like the M815. Reminds me of a bigger M215. I like the look better than the Stresemann personally but am withholding judgement until I can see it in person.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

It's has been a very monotone set of releases this year but I like the M815. Reminds me of a bigger M215. I like the look better than the Stresemann personally but am withholding judgement until I can see it in person.

I am cautiously optimistic but also want to see one in person. I am also concerned with the weight of the pen, so will not only have to see one but also hold one before I decide for sure.

Beautiful, can't wait to see one in person!

Agreed, I feel that digitally altered photos like those don't do pens justice. The design reminds me of a pinstripe suit which is pretty sleek.

Really like the look of the pen, better than any other 800 series I've seen (really like the ocean swirl, but the pattern was too sporadic and inconsistent). Unfortunately, I'm sure I will NOT like the price. :yikes:

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the extraordinary commitment of our Pelikan representative, we have had the chance today to take a close look at and

some pictures of the new M815.

The M815 comes in a special packaging:

post-80974-0-60851700-1529596785_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-32398200-1529596979_thumb.jpg

We had been asking ourselves if the M815 Metal Striped and the M805 Stresemann are too similar looking, but now it is quite clear,

that this is not the case.

post-80974-0-71065300-1529598327_thumb.jpg

The M815 looks sharp due to the exact silver stripes on the black resin. Compared to the M805 Stresemann it looks fresher, newer

and gives the impression of a higher quality pen. The surface seems to be similar to the surface of the Ductus P3100, sadly we have

not taken a picture of these two pens.

post-80974-0-77868400-1529598550_thumb.jpg.

The additional weight is quite noticeable and agreeable. If the M815 ist worth the extra money is a question of taste and preferences.

All of us here are quite impressed by the M815 and we are looking forward to our shipment which is due next week.

Best reagrds

Fritz Schimpf

Thank you for posting pictures of the M815, Fritz! Do you know if Pelikan has released/published weights for this pen -- capped and uncapped?

Edited by demcav

Do you know if Pelikan has released/published weights for this pen -- capped and uncapped?

I don't think that would explain the whole story... The M800 is not a featherweight as it is, so it might be the case for somebody that the added weight puts it on "too much" land, but I don't think so, as there can't be that much of a difference. My hope is on balance: I find current model a bit -just a bit, top-heavy, so the added weight to the barrel very well may make it better balanced.

I suppose I'll have to wait for the chance of having it on my hand.

Thank you for posting pictures of the M815, Fritz! Do you know if Pelikan has released/published weights for this pen -- capped and uncapped?

Thank you. According to the information we have received from Pelikan the M815 has a weight of 38 g with and 29 g without the cap. This makes the M815 around 9 g heavier than M805 Stresemann.

I don't think that would explain the whole story... The M800 is not a featherweight as it is, so it might be the case for somebody that the added weight puts it on "too much" land, but I don't think so, as there can't be that much of a difference. My hope is on balance: I find current model a bit -just a bit, top-heavy, so the added weight to the barrel very well may make it better balanced.

I suppose I'll have to wait for the chance of having it on my hand.

When we had the M815 here we had the impression that the extra weight makes the M815 a bit more balanced. We will check this again upon receiving our delivery.

No hopes for those fancy 2/3b nibs I guess?

Sadly, no.

Hallo Fritz, I would be interested to know how the extra weight compares to a Toledo?

The Toledo M900 is a little bit heavier with a weight of 30,5 g without the cap.

Thank you. According to the information we have received from Pelikan the M815 has a weight of 38 g with and 29 g without the cap. This makes the M815 around 9 g heavier than M805 Stresemann.

When we had the M815 here we had the impression that the extra weight makes the M815 a bit more balanced. We will check this again upon receiving our delivery.

Sadly, no.

The Toledo M900 is a little bit heavier with a weight of 30,5 g without the cap.

Thanks for the feedback: it is no substitute for the "real thing", of course, but it's still apreciated (by me, at least).