Monitor Fountain Pen C. 1930S

Hi, Folks!

Thought I would start a photo thread on Monitor, which was a sub-brand of Wahl Eversharp.

This is a Monitor fountain pen in green pearl and black mottle c. 1930s. Monitor was a sub-brand of Wahl Eversharp. This 5 1/4 inch long pen favors a more upscale 1935 Wahl Oxford model in size and shape and has MADE IN USA over MONITOR stamped on the clip face. All trim is lightly gold plated, though this example shows a lot of plating loss. The italic gold plated stainless steel nib is stamped MONITOR over 14 over MADE IN U.SA. The Wahl Oxford pen was $1.00 in 1935 with a 14 karat gold nib, so this Monitor was probably much lower in price.
http://www.penhero.com/Temp/Monitor_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• Ted F

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's my contribution to Monitor photos. Monitors are on the small side but still usable pens.

post-106519-0-27371500-1525709087_thumb.jpg

Here's an Oxford with the same colored body and cap:

post-106519-0-92072100-1525741950_thumb.jpg

Here's my contribution to Monitor photos. Monitors are on the small side but still usable pens.

Nice!

• 2 years later...
Paul-in-SF

Would they have made a piston filler with a translucent ink chamber? There's a pen on eBay at the moment with those features. It certainly has Monitor and Made in USA on the clip, and Monitor 4 on the nib, but the photos are pretty useless otherwise, and the description even more so.