• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm surprised -- and not-so-secretly glad -- that no-one has posted the Aurora Optima Sole, yet. ...or, indeed, any of the other Aurora pens using this material, including the 88. It's an extremely beautiful marbled yellow that I've only occasionally seen done justice in photos.

Anyway, here's mine, bought a lifetime ago -- ok, only the 90s -- at the long-gone Winston & Holmes, in Toronto.

I'm normally more attracted to less conservative design aesthetics, but this pen is a favourite, because it's just such a beautiful writer: one of the most consistent, effortless, transparent extensions of my hand in my whole (modest) collection.

And, per another post in this thread, if one looks carefully, yes, it is loaded with purple ink.

fpn_1535883783__aurora_optima_sole_on_it

Dang it, now I have to track one of these down and try to find a good deal because this pen is just stunning!

I have yet to add an Aurora to my collection, but now I'm very tempted. :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

I'm surprised -- and not-so-secretly glad -- that no-one has posted the Aurora Optima Sole, yet. ...or, indeed, any of the other Aurora pens using this material, including the 88. It's an extremely beautiful marbled yellow that I've only occasionally seen done justice in photos.

Anyway, here's mine, bought a lifetime ago -- ok, only the 90s -- at the long-gone Winston & Holmes, in Toronto.

I'm normally more attracted to less conservative design aesthetics, but this pen is a favourite, because it's just such a beautiful writer: one of the most consistent, effortless, transparent extensions of my hand in my whole (modest) collection.

And, per another post in this thread, if one looks carefully, yes, it is loaded with purple ink.

fpn_1535883783__aurora_optima_sole_on_it

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Dang it, now I have to track one of these down and try to find a good deal because this pen is just stunning!

I have yet to add an Aurora to my collection, but now I'm very tempted. :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Just to tempt you a bit more... It's a piston-filler, and that bit between the section threads and the barrel is a lovely transparent ink window. Just a really great pen.

--h

Just to tempt you a bit more... It's a piston-filler, and that bit between the section threads and the barrel is a lovely transparent ink window. Just a really great pen.

--h

NO, NO, NO! Stop!!! That Aurora has me thinking of giving up my winter vacation. After all, once I get back from the vacation all I'll have is a few out of focus photos.

Update: found a good deal on a mint Pelikan yellow Toledo 910 this morning. This will join my Aurora Solé. Now to find a yellow Montegrappa Miya.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

This Omas Ogival 556/S in yellow w/a expressive double broad nib {BB}.

Can be seen via this old scan........................

fpn_1535923313__ogivalomas.jpg

Fred

Wavy Rancheros...A lot of people say to me..Wavy..your accent sounds a little weird and strange.

Where you from and figured I don't really know...But if I asked you...can you tell me where you

think I'm from....From the Atchafalaya Swamp via Scotland.......................................................

Yeah! That's right...................................Wavy

Edited by Freddy

--h

:wub: The $500+ price tag is killing me though, that's twice what I paid for my MB145! I have small hands too that might not be able to handle the Sole, although there is a mini version...

Update: found a good deal on a mint Pelikan yellow Toledo 910 this morning. This will join my Aurora Solé. Now to find a yellow Montegrappa Miya.

Would love to see all three together once you've got them!

This Omas Ogival 556/S in yellow w/a expressive double broad nib {BB}.

Can be seen via this old scan........................

fpn_1535923313__ogivalomas.jpg

Fred

Wavy Rancheros...A lot of people say to me..Wavy..your accent sounds a little weird and strange.

Where you from and figured I don't really know...But if I asked you...can you tell me where you

think I'm from....From the Atchafalaya Swamp via Scotland.......................................................

Yeah! That's right...................................Wavy

That is a beautiful pen.... totally looks like an egg yolk. huevos rancheros indeed!

We already had the Aurora Optima, but my yellow pen is an Aurora 88 Sole:

post-122632-0-64633200-1536006021_thumb.jpg

the cat half awake

and half sleeping on the book

"Quantum Mechanics"

(inspired by a German haiku by Tony Böhle)

I love my 1911M with an XF nib...wonderful pen!

Yes, these keep coming up as a quintessential yellow pen! The look is very classy and I bet that Japanese XF writes a super thin line.

We already had the Aurora Optima, but my yellow pen is an Aurora 88 Sole:

attachicon.gif Aurora_88_Sole.jpg

Those Aurora Soles are just stunning to look at! Maybe I can track down a smaller version to fit me small hands better.

mongrelnomad: What's the pen on the right? I don't recognise the cap jewel, and can't quite make out the lettering on the cap band. Looks like a quality pen!

I'm loving all these bumblebee style Sailors and the 1911 in particular, but I just can't stand having any feedback on my nibs for a pen that price.

Can anyone recommend a currently in production Western pen with similar styling to the black and white 1911?

I saw the yellow Bexleys earlier in this thread but they are just too big for me.

mongrelnomad: What's the pen on the right? I don't recognise the cap jewel, and can't quite make out the lettering on the cap band. Looks like a quality pen!

It's a Sailor Realo LE for Bungubox - designed to celebrate the Ginza Line of the Tokyo Metro. The top is raden in strobes (to mimic the lights of the carriages), and there is the line's logo in maki-e on the base.

http://image.news.livedoor.com/newsimage/7/f/7f477_1438_b7bd48dc6e8c6f0694cfcdd3ca810d5a.jpg12201249_5a39ddb64e644.jpg

TWpNHd6.jpg

KGXEoUU.jpg

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.