What's Your Favorite Yellow Pen?

truthpil

Hello again to all my FPN friends,

One of the interesting things for me about this hobby is how easily and suddenly my preferences for a particular design or color can change. I never use yellow for anything other than highlighting and previously would have thought something like a yellow pen to be tasteless or just plain weird. Then I saw these:

wing_sung_by_green_601_le_yellow_by_fran

WingSung 601 LE (Photo courtesy of Frankunderwater)

TB2PlWenlDH8KJjSszcXXbDTFXa_!!81296406.j

Penbbs 308 Mango Yellow

After seeing these beauties, something in my head snapped and I knew I must have an audacious and bold yellow pen!

Sadly, the WS is a limited edition with an inconvenient filling system and the Penbbs 308 won't work for me for other reasons.

Now the hunt is on.

What's your favorite yellow pen?

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• TSherbs

• WarrenB

• Houston

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should take a look at the posts by @yellowpenman on Instagram. Ronnie has an amazing collection.

Verba volant, scripta manent

The Pilot Prera. It was one of the first pens I bought. Unfortunately, I accidentally stepped on it. Poor little guy...

You may also look into the Lamy Safari, the CdA 849, or the Montegrappa Parola (a lot pricier).

edit: did a quick googling and there are actually A LOT of yellow pens around!

Kaweco Student, Sailor Pro Gear and 1911, Aurora Ipsilon, Talentum....

I never thought bold colors would be so popular. Interesting.

Edited by inotrym

Does the Conklin Duragraph in Amber count?

It's kind of more on the orange side, but I guess it could pass. ;)

You should take a look at the posts by @yellowpenman on Instagram. Ronnie has an amazing collection.

Wow, I had no idea there was a yellow penman out there. Thanks! :thumbup:

Here's another gorgeous yellow pen, Lingmo Lorelei in honey yellow:

TB22hCFdbBmpuFjSZFuXXaG_XXa_!!232050465.

Aurora Talentum, I also had a yellow Waterman Charleston that unfortunately was sold.

Alfredo

This Delta they released several years back.

delta-tigerstripe-celluloid2.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

This Delta they released several years back.

delta-tigerstripe-celluloid2.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Gorgeous!!

I don't actually have a lot of yellow pens -- I'm not big on the color for some reason (even though I LOVE yellow flowers) although I do have a few vintage pens with gold-filled overlays. But for actually yellow? I have a couple of vintage Arnolds -- a mini-pen and a pen/pencil combo (both of which need to be restored) and a Parker Vector which I would call "goldenrod" in color. So, I'd have to say that for yellow (as opposed to gold) the Vector would be my favorite yellow pen.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A 'Pikachu' (yellow with black trim) Lamy Safari, and a vintage Sheaffer No Nonsense.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Unless you count a M200 Cognac as yellow - I don't.

I don't have one and the above is the closest I have.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

This Pelikan, a stick-type cheapie school pen with a folded nib. The nib exhibited skipping/railroading but after tinkering with it a bit I've gotten it to write somewhat reliably and it's currently inked with KWZ Honey.

fpn_1525677767__yel_pel.jpg

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

A 'Pikachu' (yellow with black trim) Lamy Safari, and a vintage Sheaffer No Nonsense.

Contrary to Parker, Sheaffer seems to have had several yellow pens in the past. The yellow No Nonsense and Cartridge (aka "School") pens look pretty classy.

This Pelikan, a stick-type cheapie school pen with a folded nib. The nib exhibited skipping/railroading but after tinkering with it a bit I've gotten it to write somewhat reliably and it's currently inked with KWZ Honey.

fpn_1525677767__yel_pel.jpg

That's a nice in-your-face true yellow!

Parker Centennial Limited Edition in yellow.

:puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Looking at the pens mentioned so far, it's interesting to see how many are really expensive pens.

I guess yellow is pretty hip after all!

Parker Centennial Limited Edition in yellow.

+1.

I also like the yellow versions of the Pelikan Toledo (M910 and M710).

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I never use yellow for anything other than highlighting and previously would have thought something like a yellow pen to be tasteless or just plain weird.

I know the feeling.

What's your favorite yellow pen?

My only yellow pen (I decided to concentrate on awkward orange pens) - a Baoer 801. You could spot it in a completely darkened room.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

My only yellow pen (I decided to concentrate on awkward orange pens)

Uh oh....sounds like yet another path I may head down soon. Awkward orange sounds like something right up my alley.

Edited by TruthPil