Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1525503845__p1020757.jpg

fpn_1525503866__p1020758.jpg

fpn_1525503881__p1020759.jpg

fpn_1525503898__p1020756.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Great job Noihvo :thumbup: I love the colour combination and Diamine Kelly Green looks stunning,

Here's mine:

fpn_1525581429__may_2018_1.png

fpn_1525581540__may_2018_2.png

This time I got my inspiration during a walk in the park, where swans & ducks are showing off their little ones. The scene below reflects this lovely moment of nature, but the inks were chosen because I like their soft tones, which reflect the softness of the scene. The inks are kyo-iro Soft Snow of Ohara and Stone Road of Gion. They are the only ones I own, but I like them a lot, and plan to lay my paws on the other ones from this inkmaker.

fpn_1525805618__201805_-_colours_of_natu

Very interesting choices, namrehsnoom. Not the usual options for Spring in the northern hemisphere, but your delightful scene does have a softness to it.

You made me rethink my combination... ;)

I went with the traditional combinations, after all. There is a row of linden trees down our street here in Indianapolis, and from my window, I can see the fresh leaves —our Spring was very late this year.

The paper is Koh-i-Noor "Paper for Pens". Very smooth, but some usually well-behaved inks have a tendency to feather on it. :(

fpn_1525870283__2018-05-09_084903.jpg

P1090354b.jpg

It had to be something else than flowers; I already did flowers twice this year!! This thing was looking better in my mind than it does on paper... Oh well I guess this is what imagination is for.

Lots of inks; some of them I submitted in earlier combos (sorry)

The paper is a drawing/sketching paper - that seems very absorbent and prone to feathering. Not great but it didn't affect the result too much.

I picked three inks for flowers and grass:

fpn_1526188201__scan.jpeg

The "drawing" is of course, not botanically accurate...

Thanks, LG! Waka Uguisu sample added to my wishlist! :D

P1090354b.jpg

It had to be something else than flowers; I already did flowers twice this year!! This thing was looking better in my mind than it does on paper... Oh well I guess this is what imagination is for.

Lots of inks; some of them I submitted in earlier combos (sorry)

The paper is a drawing/sketching paper - that seems very absorbent and prone to feathering. Not great but it didn't affect the result too much.

This is beautiful!!

I also found this months brief quite a difficult one, especially because everyone else is a better artist than I am.

So I went out into my garden and picked the best flowering shrub that I currently have in flower for May. Pieris:

fpn_1526240618__pieris_004.jpg

fpn_1526240674__pieris_0001.jpg

Colours of Nature

Sunset over the marina, using Oster inks, washed with a Pentel Aquash brush. Colours are Cherry Blossom, Viola, Purple Rock, Aussie Gold and Orange Zest.

Sketched lines are Platinum Carbon Black.

post-100486-0-65822500-1526243147_thumb.jpeg

Verba volant, scripta manent

Colours of Nature

Sunset over the marina, using Oster inks, washed with a Pentel Aquash brush. Colours are Cherry Blossom, Viola, Purple Rock, Aussie Gold and Orange Zest.

That’s beautiful! I love the combination of colours.

That’s beautiful! I love the combination of colours.

Thank you :-)

Believe it or not, in reality the actual colours of the sunset were much more vivid than the inks I used. But if I’d tried to sketch the colours true-to-life it would have looked ridiculously fake!

Verba volant, scripta manent

I also found this months brief quite a difficult one, especially because everyone else is a better artist than I am.

So I went out into my garden and picked the best flowering shrub that I currently have in flower for May. Pieris:

fpn_1526240618__pieris_004.jpg

fpn_1526240674__pieris_0001.jpg

I think I've seen this plant before, but I didn't know what it was called. A great choice of colours! Meadow is one of my favourite greens.

Colours of Nature

attachicon.gif 27524691-BECB-4025-A723-A41732EB8A35.jpeg

That is stunning!

fpn_1526749907__img_3911.jpg

Sorry, Woodland Green

Satin Lilac

Cayenne

Rome burning

Sunshine Yellow

A blue mix and the Lilac again.

All written with an Italic dip nib

Poem is my own.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised that May's theme seems less popular than the others so far. I had trouble picking inks because there were so many to choose from.

fpn_1528597819__05_may.jpgfpn_1528597835__05_may2.jpg