New M205 Clear Demonstrator For 2018.

senzen

Avoid Sailor Jentle Tokiwa Matsu and yama dori, and Diamine Royal blue. They stain.

I know Pilot Ka-Jaku was hard to clean out. I had to soak in pen flush over night to remove it's stains, but it did come clean. On those inks did you try more then water to get the stains out?

Edited by Driften

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• senzen

• Calabria

• a m a r g o

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I did finally order my M205 clear demo in

F from Cult, with two extra nibs (EF, M) to play around with. Thanks Driften for answering my questions (on Cult's other site, Pelikanpens.uk, I didn't get free shipping). Thanks Seanskii for the inspiring review. I think this is a good price for a EDC pen, and am looking forward to it!

- Derek

Just to clarify, Cult Pens and Pelikanpens.uk have never been linked. The latter also trades under Niche Pens and Pure Pens. All are very good sellers.

Hope you enjoy your new pen, Derek!

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I'll pass. Similar to the TWSBI and unless there s significant quality difference I'll go with the 580AL (the italic nib option helps too).

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Just to clarify, Cult Pens and Pelikanpens.uk have never been linked. The latter also trades under Niche Pens and Pure Pens. All are very good sellers.

Hope you enjoy your new pen, Derek!

Oh. I don't know why I thought Niche and Cult were the same. Maybe because Pelikanpens.co.uk also goes under Niche and Pure. Edited by Calabria

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Finally got mine from Massdrop, I already had a blue m205 but this is just as nice, and watching the ink inside is really cool. With a bit of cellophane between the feed and nib I am finally getting Kon Peki to look as light as I wanted it. I can't believe I'm at three birds!

fpn_1531155690__trois_oiseaux.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Finally got mine from Massdrop, I already had a blue m205 but this is just as nice, and watching the ink inside is really cool. With a bit of cellophane between the feed and nib I am finally getting Kon Peki to look as light as I wanted it. I can't believe I'm at three birds!

In pens where Kon-Peki is darker if you switch to Ama-Iro it will look like you want. Depending on how wet a nib is I can't tell if it's a wet Ama-iro or a dry Kon-Peki.

fpn_1531155690__trois_oiseaux.jpg

Be careful with Iroshizuku inks and transparent demonstrator pens, they tend to leave behind a hint of colour, specially if you use one colour for extended periods of time!

I use Iroshizuku blues, greens and purples with tinted demonstrators with zero remorse, but stick with Pelikan and Waterman inks for the transparent demonstrators. With Waterman's Turquoise, you get the same hue of colour seen from the outside, they're obviously not the same colour once dried in the paper though, but it looks nice.

Be careful with Iroshizuku inks and transparent demonstrator pens, they tend to leave behind a hint of colour, specially if you use one colour for extended periods of time!

I had Ku-Jaku that left a stain in the section that water could not get you, but after an overnight soak in pen flush it was all gone. Might give that a try if you see those sort of issues.

In pens where Kon-Peki is darker if you switch to Ama-Iro it will look like you want. Depending on how wet a nib is I can't tell if it's a wet Ama-iro or a dry Kon-Peki.

Yes they are very close, I also have Ama Iro, I might need to get one more pen for it, it eventually goes darker with a Metropolitan, although I'm now trying with it... A double layer of cellophane .

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I use Iroshizuku blues, greens and purples with tinted demonstrators with zero remorse, but stick with Pelikan and Waterman inks for the transparent demonstrators. With Waterman's Turquoise, you get the same hue of colour seen from the outside, they're obviously not the same colour once dried in the paper though, but it looks nice.

Thanks! Since it worked and Kon Peki finally (finally!) found its home, I'm not changing inks on this one.

B. Russell

I had Ku-Jaku that left a stain in the section that water could not get you, but after an overnight soak in pen flush it was all gone. Might give that a try if you see those sort of issues.

My mom had an m600 for something like 10 or 15 years unused with Parker Penman Emerald... It took a while and a lot of flushing but eventually I managed to get everything out. So it can be done but the point stands, it's much more of a hassle than with other pens which can be readily disassembled.

B. Russell

Ama Iro (left) vs Kon Peki, freshly inked: very subtle but luckily to me eyes still distinct; the problem is keeping both this light, which this Pelikan is able to do with the cellophane trick.

fpn_1531239021__kon_peki_ama_iro.jpg

B. Russell

• 1 year later...

'How it's made' was on TV, showing the workings of a Fisher Space Pen.

Thought ; that's a great gift for my dad (who doesn't like fountain pens) and so I started searching for it.

Found what I was looking for and had a quick look at the shop promo's.

This turned out to be a great lucky break ; not only did I notice the existence of the M205 clear demonstrator but it was also on sale.

So ... bought it with an EF nib for only 99€ :-)

Love it !

'How it's made' was on TV, showing the workings of a Fisher Space Pen.

Thought ; that's a great gift for my dad (who doesn't like fountain pens) and so I started searching for it.

Found what I was looking for and had a quick look at the shop promo's.

This turned out to be a great lucky break ; not only did I notice the existence of the M205 clear demonstrator but it was also on sale.

So ... bought it with an EF nib for only 99€ :-)

Love it !

Awesome! Be careful, it's a slippery slope, I'm now at 5 Pelikans :blush: ... And I still sigh at the thought of an m205 Olivine :rolleyes: .

B. Russell