• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Preserved_Killick

• Algester

• mongrelnomad

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

That kingfisher is amazing!

I find it so unfortunate that Sailor doesn't produce wild and wacky pens for their normal line, maintaining the 'any colour as long as it's black' tradition with a few yawn-inducing greys and reds and greens thrown in occasionally. I think they would enjoy so much better a reputation if they let their youthful side show through in the West too...

Too many pens; too little writing.

I’ve two basic Sailors, a Pro Gear Slim and a 1911 Standard. My personal favourites, far beyond anything else I own. Yes, they’re black cigars. To add some visual spice to my pen pouch, I keep a Visconti van Gogh in there. Nice pen, but writing-wise it doesn’t come close to the Sailors. I don’t need any limited edition Sailors, I just need these pens because of how well they write.

Capacity is the primary thing. Especially ridiculous when your company has such thirsty nibs as the Nagahara or even the music or zoom nibs. You would think they could manage something larger, at least for the piston or larger pens. Great pens otherwise.

Yup. The convertor works just fine, but its capacity is so small I don't use my Pro Gear Slim for anything but a pocket pen.

My problem with cartridges is I'm not a fan of Japanese ink, but the carts probably have a lot more ink in them than the converter can hold. If it had more capacity, I would use the pen much more as a writer, as I love the nib, feel, and overall size of my Sailor.

I just received my BungBox Ginza LE (a fetching yellow Realo with raiden - mother of pearl - and maki-e ends). A lovely pen.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Yup. The convertor works just fine, but its capacity is so small I don't use my Pro Gear Slim for anything but a pocket pen.

My problem with cartridges is I'm not a fan of Japanese ink, but the carts probably have a lot more ink in them than the converter can hold. If it had more capacity, I would use the pen much more as a writer, as I love the nib, feel, and overall size of my Sailor.

I believe the cartridge has .9ml vs. .5ml in the converter. It is no issue to syringe fill a cartridge.

Wow, many of these LE editions look so cool. Does any know how much of a premium do Sailor charge for these pens ?

I believe the cartridge has .9ml vs. .5ml in the converter. It is no issue to syringe fill a cartridge.

That's true, but I have other pens that are good, and don't need the mess of a syringe to get more pages out of them. I do write extensively with my Sailor, even if I have to re-load it much more often, but I still wish it would hold more ink. I think it could if they worked on the converter a bit.

Wow, many of these LE editions look so cool. Does any know how much of a premium do Sailor charge for these pens ?

I'm not sure what the going rate is on a standard Pro Gear, but the recent LEs I've seen for full size Pro Gears have been ~41000jpy including a bottle of LE ink.

The peacock version is sublime, never seen it in person and long unavailable but still...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I'm not sure how much for the non-LE versions, but from a major US online vendor, some of these can be had for as little as $121USD

41041666565_1e0d85f6a4_b.jpg

How can a person acquire these Pro Gear Limited editions? The Aqua Lagoon is lovely. I'm also fascinated with the cocktail series.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Im now lusting after the Blue Lagoon and Precious Aquamarine. 😭

I have the new 1911L in Royal Tangerine, with a music nib, and it lasts maybe 5-8 pages at best with A5 sized paper. I LOVE the way it writes though, so I forgive it for its small capacity. I also have one of the Spring Sky colored Four Seasons Pro Gear Slims with the MF nib, and that doesnt guzzle ink as much, I absolutely love the color and dont mind that its got gold trim, I think it matches the light blue well. All that being said, my next Sailor will be a Pro Gear Realo in Burgundy with a Zoom nib, unless I fall victim to trying to order that Precious Aquamarine Realo... I really want the Zoom nib tho!

Gobblecup ~

I'm still lusting after some of those full-size Pro Gear limited editions. But this new Pro Gear Slim Mini, a Kobe Nagasawa special edition, has arrived. And it's fun to use.

Here it is next to a King of Pen...

Al2jb.jpg

And then there was this, on Instagram (@juchocarolmiyatake)....

31966756_1687068761386400_87017946100426

And then there was this, on Instagram (@juchocarolmiyatake)....

31966756_1687068761386400_87017946100426

:o :O :o

I need them all! :D

Gobblecup ~

This might be considered a limited edition; it's called Fighting Fish and by Katsunobu Nishihara. This is #1 of 10 and it is the small size 1911.

http://www.fototime.com/E940E3AE2ABD8E5/medium800.jpg

There is one fish on the cap, another on the body and they are circling in full fan display.

http://www.fototime.com/8E62816AD3F600D/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/808DCAA35590831/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/56B3FB837217A7F/medium800.jpg

The fish's eyes are abalone shell and so change color as the pen rotates.

http://www.fototime.com/A776751E10023EF/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/BAE8FC8D1B20483/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/D70A74D22442A41/medium800.jpg

Edited by jar