Penbbs Vacuum Filler

sciumbasci

I tried taking off the nib unit off the 456 but it seems it doesn't have the screw in type like other PenBBS?

The feed+nib unit came straight off for this pen.

Anyway had an initial test using the Kobe Nagasawa ink with this pen and it writes smoothly, no complaints there.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• penzel_washinkton

• Karmachanic

• Cyber6

I tried taking off the nib unit off the 456 but it seems it doesn't have the screw in type like other PenBBS?

Anyway had an initial test using the Kobe Nagasawa ink with this pen and it writes smoothly, no complaints there.

Oh no! I hope that doesn't mean we won't get the awesome acrylic charms when the new nib sizes are released. (I further hope it doesn't mean that nibs won't be sold separately going forward.)

How do you find the balance?

Oh no! I hope that doesn't mean we won't get the awesome acrylic charms when the new nib sizes are released. (I further hope it doesn't mean that nibs won't be sold separately going forward.)

How do you find the balance?

Got one of those in an EF but has not used it yet ,probably they will come out with more nib sizes.

I have to agree with TruthPil's review on this one, the vacuum mechanism makes it back heavy. Capped, it seems the balance of the pen is more or less at the center on the pen but once uncapped it is quite clear that it is closer to the back end of the pen.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

Get the Etsy ones, I think some are still available currently (for the new colors)

+1

Etsy is the way to go for all new release Penbbs pens if you live far from China.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

The nib housing is screw-in! First thing I checked, remembering your post.

Yes it's a little back heavy, but as I rest the pen on the web of my hand I do not find it bothersome.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Yes it's a little back heavy, but as I rest the pen on the web of my hand I do not find it bothersome.

Ah... thanks for the confirmation. Now why did my nib housing won't unscrew, need to check it again later once I finished with my ink fill

Ah... thanks for the confirmation. Now why did my nib housing won't unscrew, need to check it again later once I finished with my ink fill

To get the plastic housing out, you might need to pull out the nib and feed then stuff a piece of gripping material in the housing and apply pressure while twisting that material. That's how I got a really stuck (actually partially glued) housing out of my Kaco Edge.

Yeah, I think it's only an issue if you prefer to hold your pen at a higher angle. I personally, probably because of my smallish hand size, don't like how this pen falls back to the webbing beyond my knuckle because my most comfortable writing position is with the barrel touching my hand near the base of the index finger.

To get the plastic housing out, you might need to pull out the nib and feed then stuff a piece of gripping material in the housing and apply pressure while twisting that material. That's how I got a really stuck (actually partially glued) housing out of my Kaco Edge.

Sorry to sound like a noob but what are some examples of these gripping material?

Sorry to sound like a noob but what are some examples of these gripping material?

I think most people use things like wide elastic bands (like those on lobster claws) or a rubber jar opening pad. I just use a bit of leather that used to be glued to a tablet cover before my three-year old got a hold of it.

I just gone my 456 today, and the weight is definitely a thing. I really can't use it posted, and unposted, it's a little tiring, to be honest. Over all I'm very pleased. I'll have to see how I feel about it in a week or two.

I think most people use things like wide elastic bands (like those on lobster claws) or a rubber jar opening pad. I just use a bit of leather that used to be glued to a tablet cover before my three-year old got a hold of it.

I just gone my 456 today, and the weight is definitely a thing. I really can't use it posted, and unposted, it's a little tiring, to be honest. Over all I'm very pleased. I'll have to see how I feel about it in a week or two.

Right, will see if I have something like that.

Yes, it is surprisingly heavy. The FC Loom is no match to this beast weight-wise, probably Jinhao X750 is the more closer comparison.

I don't find the pen too heavy and like the weight. It weighs 31g with a partial fill of ink and 11g of that is the cap. The pen is 1g lighter than a TWSBI 700r and 2g heavier than a Pilot 823. With a full load of ink I expect it would be closer to the TWSBI.

This is not a small pen, not huge but not small.

Section: 10.2-11mm

Body: 13mm

Barrel Length with nib: 129mm

Closed Length: 145mm

Posted Length: 158mm

I do like it better not posted then posted, but I normally don't post my pens. I don't find it uncomfortable posted. If you don't like the balance of the PenBBS 456 you would hate the Pilot 823. Other then wanting to swap the nib to a B, I like this pen much better then my TWSBI Vac 700r. I do like my Pilot 823 B better but that this pen is a fraction of the cost. I could have 8 PenBBS 456's for what I paid for my Pilot. The 823 is not 8x better to me. I'm happy to own my 823 but for someone looking to try out a vac filler the PenBBS 456 is a better place to start.

Autumn is on ebay at a higher price (latest colours too).

The inflated price has dropped from $79 to $59. No doubt due to lack of interest. Might even come down to reasonable by next week.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Pen sellers in China sell little squares of cut up rubber inner tube from bicycle tires. They are thin and very "grippy."

Thanks for all the specs and comparisons. You've saved me a lot of money by convincing me I couldn't handle the weight of an 823! The 456 unposted is definitely my maximum tolerance for weight, but I could tolerate more if the balance was less toward the back.

Just to be clear,my negative comments aren't against the pen at all. They just reveal my preference for light pens that fit my short fingers.

The more I use the 456, the more impressed I am with its quality. Penbbs has brought Chinese pen manufacturing to new heights. I just popped in a Nemosine broad nib and it's a match made in heaven!

I don't find the pen too heavy and like the weight. It weighs 31g with a partial fill of ink and 11g of that is the cap. The pen is 1g lighter than a TWSBI 700r and 2g heavier than a Pilot 823. With a full load of ink I expect it would be closer to the TWSBI.

This is not a small pen, not huge but not small.

Section: 10.2-11mm

Body: 13mm

Barrel Length with nib: 129mm

Closed Length: 145mm

Posted Length: 158mm

I do like it better not posted then posted, but I normally don't post my pens. I don't find it uncomfortable posted. If you don't like the balance of the PenBBS 456 you would hate the Pilot 823. Other then wanting to swap the nib to a B, I like this pen much better then my TWSBI Vac 700r. I do like my Pilot 823 B better but that this pen is a fraction of the cost. I could have 8 PenBBS 456's for what I paid for my Pilot. The 823 is not 8x better to me. I'm happy to own my 823 but for someone looking to try out a vac filler the PenBBS 456 is a better place to start.