Penbbs Vacuum Filler

sciumbasci

Since you are on a similar time zone to China, Taobao may be the best way to go. Perhaps tomorrow more 456 colors will be made available there.

I think it's really interesting that Penbbs chose to release the more exotic colors on the foreign market before doing so at home.

Seeing the forums, I was surprised to see that international market gets the first taste on the pen instead of the local market.

Hopefully the taobao and ebay sellers stock them up more than the etsy store

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• penzel_washinkton

• Karmachanic

• Cyber6

Seeing the forums, I was surprised to see that international market gets the first taste on the pen instead of the local market.

Hopefully the taobao and ebay sellers stock them up more than the etsy store

Judging by the sales on Taobao, this pen seems to be more popular internationally, so maybe that's why the foreign market got first dibs on the new colors. There are still plenty of Cloud and Infinity available in country. It doesn't seem like many people in China were constantly checking for the release the way many abroad were.

Update: A seller I had never heard of started offering the additional colors on Taobao an hour or so ago. I had to muster all my self-control to avoid pulling the trigger on the Galaxy and there's just one left now. The Galaxy costs a lot more than the other colors and I just can't justify the extra price for color alone on a pen I've never tried and can't be sure I'll like.

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

There are some Galaxy Blue 456s up on eBay right now. I just bough the last Cordierite

Excellent choice! That's a really unique pattern.

Four of the five colours appeared on Etsy. Clear/Glass didn't. So I paid inflated ebay price.

Anyone know if we can get a full fill with the vacuum? Or do we have to do the two step thing?

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

456 is not appreciated by Chinese pen users?

I wonder why?

I wouldn't say it's not appreciated, just isn't selling out as fast as on Etsy haha. The more exotic colors did sell out within a few hours.

Four of the five colours appeared on Etsy. Clear/Glass didn't. So I paid inflated ebay price.

Anyone know if we can get a full fill with the vacuum? Or do we have to do the two step thing?

Clear was available. Beini was putting in the pens so fast, though, (and keeping in mind she's been quite ill) a couple of errors got made. So the title of the clear pen was "PENBBS 456 Vacuum Filling Fountain Pen - 16 Cloud (duo-colour nib #1)" ... It says "Cloud" but colour 16 is clear. You can see the Etsy sold-out page for it here:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/653550609/penbbs-456-vacuum-filling-fountain-pen?show_sold_out_detail=1

Another mistake which was made was that the 456-73 Cordierite was supposed to sell for $35.99, but Beini accidentally offered it for $31.99. (I tried to pay the difference but she side-stepped the offer.)

Serious props to Beini for doing all this with a fever (around midnight in China even)! That's dedication to the international fp community.

Clear was available. Beini was putting in the pens so fast, though, (and keeping in mind she's been quite ill) a couple of errors got made. So the title of the clear pen was "PENBBS 456 Vacuum Filling Fountain Pen - 16 Cloud (duo-colour nib #1)" ... It says "Cloud" but colour 16 is clear. You can see the Etsy sold-out page for it here:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/653550609/penbbs-456-vacuum-filling-fountain-pen?show_sold_out_detail=1

I took that for the Cordierite. I don't have familiarity with their colour numbering system

Edited by Karmachanic

There are some Galaxy Blue 456s up on eBay right now. I just bough the last Cordierite

What seller did you bought the Cordierite? The only seller I found was the one selling it for a crazy $70 price which is nonsense to me.

How much did you pay it for?

On Ebay I find the listing to be just slightly above the Etsy ones (USD 39 free shipping)

On Ebay I find the listing to be just slightly above the Etsy ones (USD 39 free shipping)

I paid $39. I didn't notice the the price on Etsy as the Clear was not, I thought, avaliable. I was going by the $29 mentioned higher up in this thread on Taobao..

What seller did you bought the Cordierite? The only seller I found was the one selling it for a crazy $70 price which is nonsense to me.

I've seen two eBay sellers of the 456. One is nana20_36. This seller appeared a couple of weeks ago, and had a dizzying array of pens, some with photos I hadn't seen anywhere else. So there's only one feedback so far, but I expect it's someone who's been selling on Chinese sites for a while. Or it's a scammer who's extremely dedicated.

The other is jpzh11. I suspect that this shop is a different front for one shop that also includes fronts chace_expo2010, best999, and three or four others. They seem to have shared stock, so one shop will sell out, then someone will try to order from another shop, only to be told they're actually out of stock on that one. It could also be different people using a larger shop as kind of a drop-shipping supplier, but if so, they're all very lazy and don't write their own copy or set their own prices. So ...

Anyway, jpzh11 has been known to take orders for the 469 at one price, then cancel the order with an email about how they're out of stock in that, but at the same time they've found new stock, it just costs $20 more now.

So jpzh11 is probably the shop everybody's been talking about, but their prices have been steadily increasing all day today on the 456s.

I don't believe there's anything scammy about jpzh11. I've purchased pens through that shop before, and I've been happy with their low prices on new items, and with the receipt of my pens. But just know, they do enjoy jumping prices up when they realise what they've got.

I paid $39. I didn't notice the the price on Etsy as the Clear was not, I thought, avaliable. I was going by the $29 mentioned higher up in this thread on Taobao..

On Etsy (and maybe TaoBao) it is excluding shipping. To here it is an additional $6 which means about 36 dollars, not that far to the $39 on the Ebay

On Etsy (and maybe TaoBao) it is excluding shipping. To here it is an additional $6 which means about 36 dollars, not that far to the $39 on the Ebay

The Taobao price will always be lower since it's the local market and has free shipping for most Penbbs pens.

So jpzh11 is probably the shop everybody's been talking about, but their prices have been steadily increasing all day today on the 456s.

I don't believe there's anything scammy about jpzh11. I've purchased pens through that shop before, and I've been happy with their low prices on new items, and with the receipt of my pens. But just know, they do enjoy jumping prices up when they realise what they've got.

Yes I think it's jpzh11, have bought from them before and nothing sketchy I think.

The Taobao price will always be lower since it's the local market and has free shipping for most Penbbs pens.

So, were you able to get the Galaxy?

So, were you able to get the Galaxy?

I was able to but decided not to because I didn't think it was worth an additional 70RMB. I'd rather wait for the next batch of 309 Galaxies which I know fit my hand perfectly.

jpzh11

Including shipping, I paid $38 for a White Cloud off of Etsy, and $42 for a Cordierite off of eBay. So yes, there was a premium but it was fairly small.

The price seems to have gone up substantially over night, though.

I was able to but decided not to because I didn't think it was worth an additional 70RMB. I'd rather wait for the next batch of 309 Galaxies which I know fit my hand perfectly.

So you're skipping on the 456 right now?

Since you mentioned size, I wonder how large the 456 will be, might be as large as the 309 I think.

jpzh11

Including shipping, I paid $38 for a White Cloud off of Etsy, and $42 for a Cordierite off of eBay. So yes, there was a premium but it was fairly small.

The price seems to have gone up substantially over night, though.

The listing I saw where the Cordierite priced at $70 was also at jpzh11.

So you're skipping on the 456 right now?

Since you mentioned size, I wonder how large the 456 will be, might be as large as the 309 I think.

Size seems to be similar, but the metal parts on the section suggest the balance will be different from that of the 309 which I love for its lightness and balance.

I just pulled the trigger on the translucent blue 456 (188RMB with free shipping) just because I've never tried a vac filler and will probably never buy another twsbi haha.

Edited by TruthPil