Inky T O D - Ink Pen Paper And Handwriting Musings #2 - What Do You Like About Your Handwriting?

amberleadavis

OH and that highlighter is actually neon orange.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2018-Ink/2018-04/slides/2018-04-15_Ink_5.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Aysun

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2018-Ink/2018-04/slides/2018-04-15_Ink_6.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amberleadavis - the quote is from Bram Stoker's The Mystery of the Sea. The main character had received a letter from a lady he likes.

I feel like a script that is too perfect lacks the human element. As far as messy? Mine can be messy, but I am trying to wrote slower and with purpose. Though sometimes I just have to slap dash something on the paper to get it out of my head before I forget.

The first five pages of my first CRV ever. I'm still thinking about what to write on the following pages.

It's amazing how some colors look in person. Monteverde Jade Noir is so dark, my first reaction was 'hey, this black has some green undertones!' and if we hadn't sunny weather, it would have stayed as black to me. Is Sailor Jentle Miruai so dark too?

fpn_1524248739__amberlea_april_2018_p-01

fpn_1524248867__amberlea_april_2018_p-02

fpn_1524248944__amberlea_april_2018_p-03

fpn_1524249188__amberlea_april_2018_p-04

fpn_1524249513__amberlea_april_2018_p-05

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

@RBN Here are the letters that I learned as a kid.

http://antaga.org/images/zaner-bloser-worksheets/zaner-bloser-worksheets-0.jpg

So, as you see, weird Ts, Fs and Is.

@RBN Here are the letters that I learned as a kid.

I must have googled the wrong name because I didn't find this style in my search. Ok now they make sense, thank you!

fpn_1524511439__23apr18_on_handwriting.j

Sorry, I really am trying to figure out how to crop these, but I don't think what I tried this time worked. Some day...

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

@RBN I agree those Ts Fs and Is are just weird.

I post the last pages of my very first CRV, it's been such a pleasure.

fpn_1524515497__amberlea_april_2018_p-07

fpn_1524515663__amberlea_april_2018_p-08

fpn_1524516053__amberlea_april_2018_p-09

fpn_1524516172__amberlea_april_2018_p-10

Hey, what is RSI?

@RBN I agree those Ts Fs and Is are just weird.

Also the lowercase b, o, v, and w. And the lowercase s is a real challenge for kids to learn. The lowercase r isn’t so very bad, but it’s not helping the legibility.

It’s got a lot of similarities to Palmer too. Palmer’s lowercase r is super hard to read until you figure out the derivation.

I’m a terrible person and class them all as round hand derivatives. The Wikipedia article on round hand is an ok overview, tho it’s rather glancing over the technology behind making a copybook and how that affected development. Basically, you had to perfect mirror writing to make a copybook plate.

Hey, what is RSI?

RSI stands for Repetitive Strain Injury. It causes the muscles to ache often and in many positions.

OH wow. I'm so sorry.

Don't worry, it's actually a very bearable situation since now I make an effort to be careful about many things during my day.

I'm used to it. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to before I contacted my doctor.

Anyway, here are the last (for real this time!) last pages of my first CRV. I'm sorry I rambled so much and went wild at the end. What happened is that I forgot my 10th item and then I thought that the two sheets of paper at the end were the same kind but they were not. And I wrote with this misconception until the end and realized my mistake later. Typical me right there. lol

fpn_1524596496__amberlea_april_2018_p-11

fpn_1524596739__amberlea_april_2018_p-12

fpn_1524596873__amberlea_april_2018_p-13

fpn_1524596935__amberlea_april_2018_p-14

fpn_1524597021__amberlea_april_2018_p-14

On this page I went "HEck it, let's try them all and see what we get!" :blush:

fpn_1524597134__amberlea_april_2018_p-15

fpn_1524597213__amberlea_april_2018_p-15

• 4 months later...

I can not stand my hand writing. Yet, I shudder at the thought of hand writing becoming obsolete. There are no pros about it either for even I can not read it cold often 🤢.

Being the proactive person that I am I had a plan. Learn calligraphy. While I have not abandoned that idea I now think it not to be an answer to my dilemma of sloppy, unattractive hand writing. I do not even think calligraphy is for replacing everyday hand by nature.

Perhaps what I need to be doing is relearning cursive writing. Im still searching for an answer and plan of action.

Edited by Lyric

We would love to see your process.

I'll have to scan mine.

Regular writing is a variant of Architect hand. Plain simple block. Easy to read, though my Hs often stretch a little.

Cursive, well, I learned D'Nealian way back when. Got to say I hate it. The weird letter forms for G, N, Q, Y and Z in majus annoy me. I never use it anymore.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.