• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• AndyLogan

• adim

• blottingpaperforlife

Stunning! Wondering if the artwork is done with fountain pen inks.

She used a mix of fountain pens & watercolor. I also saw markers and pencils but I did not see her using them. I loved her idea of having the boa swallow the rose and fox in addition to the elephant.

She used a mix of fountain pens & watercolor. I also saw markers and pencils but I did not see her using them. I loved her idea of having the boa swallow the rose and fox in addition to the elephant.

~ James4226c:

I'm glad that you posted the comment above about the art.

Careless as ever, I'd missed that the boa had swallowed the rose, fox and elephant.

Your explanation sent me back to the photos to see what I'd overlooked.

Brilliant!

Thank you for posting the images and explaining what they depicted.

Tom K.

Well, I gave in partially thanks to this thread. Ordered a resin version of the 146 with an Oblique Broad nib.

The enabling is strong on this forum. I can hardly wait!

Well, I gave in partially thanks to this thread. Ordered a resin version of the 146 with an Oblique Broad nib.

The enabling is strong on this forum. I can hardly wait!

~ grantmm:

An Oblique Broad, no less?

The enabler community smiles...and prepares to pass around fresh cookies.

Great!

Tom K.

I am the very fresh owner of a resin 146 Little Prince, with an F nib. I just received it less than an hour ago and I will only write a few first impressions hoping to write a full review in the following days. I will be comparing it with the 146 and the 149, being the only other MB I own or ever used.

It is significantly back-heavier than the regular 146. I don't seem to mind this, but it's definitely noticeable. In fact, the whole pen seems a bit heavier, the cap as well, since it has more metal. The action of the piston seems much smoother, on the other hand than on the regular 146.

The ink window is much more visible than on the 146 or 149, which I think I like.

All the details, such as the golden star on the clip, the message below the finial, the fox engravings on the cap and the nib are stunning.

I absolutely love this pen and will be using it daily, with its entire family. Currently, I have the 149 inked with Burgundy Red, the Little Prince with Irish Green and the 146 with Midnight Blue. I'm trying to establish myself a sort of color code for my writings, hence the full rotation of the 3.

post-140477-0-73845700-1524754825_thumb.jpg

LE: For some reason, the photo is uploaded in a very bad quality. Here it is in my Dropbox, in full resolution:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aayghroajibd7zo/rgb.jpg?dl=0

Edited by adim

Congratulations, Adim ! Personally I feel heavy pens are excellent for lengthy writing sessions. It would be great if you could share your writing experience with this beautiful pen. The barrel texture on this pen appears to be different than the Solitaire. The blue lacquer is stunning.

Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations, Adim ! Personally I feel heavy pens are excellent for lengthy writing sessions. It would be great if you could share your writing experience with this beautiful pen. The barrel texture on this pen appears to be different than the Solitaire. The blue lacquer is stunning.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

The writing experience is very smooth, a bit smoother than on my 146. And that's straight out of the box, while I've been writing with the 146 almost daily for 5 months. As I said, I don't have other pens to compare it with than those in the photo. But I like it very much, it writes uniformly, no sweet or dead spots. I prefer F nibs and this seems to be as wide and wet as the regular 146, while the 149 is a bit broader and wetter.

As for the texture on the barrel, it's identical to the regular 146, shiny resin. The cap is engraved with the fox head, but other than that and the added metal on the cap, below the star and on the piston knob at the other end, it's really a 146, which I love.

If I'm not mistaken, the Solitaire is full metal and engraved with the fox head all over the body, so yes, there's quite a difference.

Edited by adim

This is a helpful description of what appears to be a very special 146.

I held the Solitaire and youre right its all metal but with a good balance. As previously shown in images by some members who have it, its without ink windows, though.

The ink ink windows in the resin edition seems to match perfectly with the shiny, rich blue barrel.

This is a helpful description of what appears to be a very special 146.

I held the Solitaire and youre right its all metal but with a good balance. As previously shown in images by some members who have it, its without ink windows, though.

The ink ink windows in the resin edition seems to match perfectly with the shiny, rich blue barrel.

Yes, for me, having an ink window is essential and I like how Montblanc did it in their resin pens. However, in the Little Prince, the "fins" of the window are (almost?) clear, so basically you get alternating blue bars that match the body and clear ones. This makes it stand out more than in the regular 146 and 149, where they are not that clear, but somewhat grey.

Overall, I like this pen more and more, I find myself staring distracted at various details while I'm writing. I do feel a difference in weight, again, both for the cap alone (I don't write posted) and for the back, from the piston knob. But it doesn't bother me at all. Overall, I think it is a very comfortable pen to write with.

Again, do keep in mind that I only own and used a 146 and a 149, aside from this, so you should take my limited experience with a pinch of salt.

So this pen would be among the selected few limited/ special editions with ink windows? The Hemingway, A. Christie being the first two.

I see. Youre right. Its limited in that production of this pen would continue within a limited time frame, unlike Hemingway or Agatha, both of which are very limited.

I see. Youre right. Its limited in that production of this pen would continue within a limited time frame, unlike Hemingway or Agatha, both of which are very limited.

The most commonly used way to describe limitations:

- Special: limited in duration and/or number produced (but the pens nor boxes are not numbered)

- Limited: limited by number and the item is numbered

For example, in 1999 MB released a special edition 75th anniversary 149. The pen was produced only for a year with special packaging. They also releaded a limited edition with different trim with a limitation of 1924 numbered pens.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

The most commonly used way to describe limitations:

- Special: limited in duration and/or number produced (but the pens nor boxes are not numbered)

- Limited: limited by number and the item is numbered

For example, in 1999 MB released a special edition 75th anniversary 149. The pen was produced only for a year with special packaging. They also releaded a limited edition with different trim with a limitation of 1924 numbered pens.

~ zaddick:

Thank you for stating this succinctly, with clarity.

It took yours truly several years before finally sorting this out.

After sluicing out the gravel, what remained glittering was what you've eloquently explained.

Now, how to train my students to express their thoughts in writing with similar accuracy...

Tom K.

When I saw the Le Grand 146, I immediately recognised the colour was almost similar to Pilot Custom 74 blue. This is my first MB pen and I'm very happy with the quality and writing experience. I'm glad I have made the decision to buy it.

post-125552-0-16069400-1524783077_thumb.jpg

When I saw the Le Grand 146, I immediately recognised the colour was almost similar to Pilot Custom 74 blue. This is my first MB pen and I'm very happy with the quality and writing experience. I'm glad I have made the decision to buy it.

~ sanfong:

Thank you for the beautiful comparison photograph of the two pens.

That's helpful in showing the color and dimensions of the Le Petit Prince 146.

What nib does your new 146 have?

I hope that it will continue to be a great writer for you.

Tom K.

Finally received my Le Petit Prince having been sent to Montblanc for a nib swap to an extra fine. Both the nib and pen are exquisite, a quick snap below. The resin is a lovely hue of blue and it has almost a purple look to it. I was concerned about that the engravings in the cap would be too prominent, but they are subtle in the flesh and compliment the overall theme well.

bRwb9i8h.jpg

Per the previous comments in this thread, if there is an orange resin version of this to come it's got my name all over it too.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Finally received my Le Petit Prince having been sent to Montblanc for a nib swap to an extra fine. Both the nib and pen are exquisite, a quick snap below. The resin is a lovely hue of blue and it has almost a purple look to it. I was concerned about that the engravings in the cap would be too prominent, but they are subtle in the flesh and compliment the overall theme well.

Per the previous comments in this thread, if there is an orange resin version of this to come it's got my name all over it too.

~ CeeElle:

Thank you for the beautiful image.

The rich color shows so well.

The EF nib in the handwriting sample looks superb.

I hope that you'll get the orange resin version someday.

Tom K.

Just watching Fear The Walking dead, and the book "The Little Prince" was shown on the show. Which in the USA has about 8 million viewers... do you think Mont Blanc is an investor in the show? LOL... I mean, what a coincidence. The Little Prince is not exactly Doctor Zeus in the US.