Montblanc Le Petit Prince

horationelson

Followed by a launch event last night, it appears that MB has a new line of pens, which is some sort of off-shoot of the Exupery Writers Edition.

First, Le Petit Prince FP (first, the Classique): http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/collection/writing-instruments/meisterstueck/118056-meisterstueck-le-petit-prince-classique-fountain-pen-m.html

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/118/056/118056/247985-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.500.500.png

I am quite taken by the lacquered Solitaire version in the LeGrand size (which also comes in a blue resin like the above Classique), although priced at £1,310 and not seemingly a limited or special edition, it's far from a bargain):

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/118/065/118065/247690-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.500.500.png

Le Petit Prince Red Fox ink: http://www.montblanc.com/en-gb/collection/refills/writing-accessories/118208-ink-bottle-50-ml-le-petit-prince-50-ml.html

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/118/208/118208/247623-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.500.500.png

Interestingly, this is described as "the first launch of the trilogy", so perhaps more editions will come in time.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• AndyLogan

• adim

• blottingpaperforlife

~ horationelson:

Thank you for posting the links and images.

I've never read the book, so the motifs aren't familiar to me.

On the LeGrand model, what do the shapes on the barrel and cap represent?

From the posted image, it looks like the Classique model may have a similar shape etched in the cap’s precious resin.

Is the Classique version blue precious resin?

The ink is the first of three?

It's very helpful to see these introduced here.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

http://www.montblanc.cn/zh-cn/collection/landing-pages/shop-the-look-petit-prince.html

~ horationelson:

Your post motivated me to visit the Montblanc China site. There's now an entire Little Prince shop with a variety of goods on offer.

Maybe it's time for me to look at the book which inspires this much merchandise.

Tom K.

fpn_1522924620__aaa.png

fpn_1522924649__ccc.png

fpn_1522924675__bbb.png

Ohhhh ... another ink to get :-)

I like the idea of the colored Meisterstück style pens. Maybe I‘ll like it ...

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers

Michael

https://www.albawaba.com/business/pr/night-among-stars-montblanc-celebrates-launch-new-meisterstück-le-petit-prince-collectio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5580453/Mila-Jovovich-wears-flirty-frock-kisses-husband-Paul-W-S-Anderson-Montblanc-event-NYC.html

~ After more reading, I finally understand that the design motif on the Le Petit Prince merchandise is a fox's face. I need to read the book.

The above links show the guests at the product line launch in New York City's Observatory at One World Trade Center.

What an opening gala!

Filet mignon, butter-poached lobster and Petit Prince desserts, including fox hand-piped sugar cookies.

As if that weren't special enough, Montblanc brand ambassador Hugh Jackman and Princess Grace's granddaughter Charlotte Casiraghi performed a reading from the book.

The evening's theme from the book was that real wealth comes from giving to others.

Sounds very nice indeed. Not to mention a full line of products.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

This is part one of a trilogy of releases pencilled in over the next few years. Each release will feature one the main characters from the novella.

Firstly the Fox (hence the fox fur/orange ink), secondly the Aviator and thirdly The Planet.

I'm excited to see it in real life!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

I was looking at the Le Petit Prince Classique on the MB website and in the description they say that it is a piston filler. Is this a mistake?

Finally!, I was asking the authorised pen shop early this year if they carried the notebook (I was expecting one when they launched the WE ), it seems Montblanc waited until now to launch it with the accompanying pen & ink series. I will definitely preorder/reserve the notebook and all of the accompanying inks as I'm a fan of the book, I'm already considering the Le Grand, lovely when I saw the photo's, but I'll probably be patient and wait for the reviews.

@Tom Kellie may I suggest getting the book produced by the Macmillan Collectors Library, it's very nice, compact, gold leafed edges. The Australian version has the sketches of the artist rendered in colour, but I got the Canadian one as I prefer the cover sleeve than the one made for Australia, sadly the Canadian version's drawings are rendered in black and white, I am attaching the photo for your perusal.

post-141810-0-93915900-1522935168_thumb.png

post-141810-0-72772700-1522935213_thumb.png

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

How wonderful, spotted the ink earlier and this yesterday > https://fox.montblanc.com/en

Need to score that ink, at least... a bottle or two, just because.

Very nice lineup overall. :)

Isn't it a fun collection??!!

I have the Legrand FP and orange ink on order. I hope to get a chance to try it out soon.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

Finally!, I was asking the authorised pen shop early this year if they carried the notebook (I was expecting one when they launched the WE ), it seems Montblanc waited until now to launch it with the accompanying pen & ink series. I will definitely preorder/reserve the notebook and all of the accompanying inks as I'm a fan of the book, I'm already considering the Le Grand, lovely when I saw the photo's, but I'll probably be patient and wait for the reviews.

@Tom Kellie may I suggest getting the book produced by the Macmillan Collectors Library, it's very nice, compact, gold leafed edges. The Australian version has the sketches of the artist rendered in colour, but I got the Canadian one as I prefer the cover sleeve than the one made for Australia, sadly the Canadian version's drawings are rendered in black and white, I am attaching the photo for your perusal.

attachicon.gif IMG_0058.png

attachicon.gif IMG_0059.png

I must order a copy of the book...and start to tell my 3 year old boy about the story :-)

I must order a copy of the book...and start to tell my 3 year old boy about the story :-)

Ordered mine through book depository, it isn't expensive considering the book is well made, I'd suggest you get the one made for Australia as the drawings are all rendered in colour and are quite nice.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Looks like a pretty fun collection. I enjoy the engravings on these nibs especially.

"Why me?"
"That is a very Earthling question to ask, Mr. Pilgrim. Why you? Why us for that matter? Why anything? Because this moment simply is. Have you ever seen bugs trapped in amber?"
"Yes."

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

I suspect that this is just a launch day typo...but we will have to see.

fpn_1522938433__piston.png

~ misterstevenuk:

A typo?

Well, in the Chinese version, as shown above, “活塞” = “piston”.

Would the same typo be in both languages?

I dunno...

Tom K.