( Opinion ) Why I Don't Like The Wing Sung 2017 3008 + Video

old4570

Been thinking about this a few days .

Why I don't like the wing 2017 3008 Piston Filler ..

First when you put the cap on the back of the pen = Twisting the cap - moves the piston ( I have 2 of these pens - both are the same )

Second there is no piston lock ... ( I have two pens with piston locks )

The price for a pen with a piston lock , is more or less the same as for the Wing 2017 3008 ..

So why would you not buy the pen with the piston lock ?

+ The cap activating the piston - Thats a deal breaker ...

I watched a few reviews and they did not mention this ..

Anyhow , made a video ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beginnersmind0

• n1019

• old4570

• penwash

Inadvertent piston actuation is an ever-present danger with the Wing Sung 3008 but for $3 they are still pretty good pens.

The quality of cursive I seem to consistently produce with the 3008 is so good that I can't stop using mine. I have several.

The Lanbitou 3059 doesn't suffer from the same piston issue but overall I find it feels cheaper and nastier than my 3008s.

I just got the 3008. Extraordinary for $2!

I saw somewhere around here that I could take the inner cap from some other ultra cheepo Chinese pen, and fit it inside the 3008, but now I cant find that post. Does anyone know which pen could offer a doner inner cap?

I have one of these, the build quality feels flimsy to me.

I don't really see the allure of the cheap price. I'd rather spend more to get a better built pen. But I like the exploration that they are doing.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

What I do not like about this range of pens is basically the material ; kind of too easy to break

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the 3008. Extraordinary for $2!

I saw somewhere around here that I could take the inner cap from some other ultra cheepo Chinese pen, and fit it inside the 3008, but now I cant find that post. Does anyone know which pen could offer a doner inner cap?

Could it be this post? Solution for the Lanbitou 3059 rather than the 3008, but suggests a donor pen for inner cap.

Edited by Miles Hand

YES! Thanks Miles Hand! You are wonderful!!!

The 3008, in my opinion, is not a pen that is meant to be posted. So I don't have trouble with the piston nob.

• 2 weeks later...

I favor the POP 3008 or 660 myself ..

I have 3 x POP 3008s and I must say that while the cap doesn't grip the piston actuating knob, I find the pens overall are of very slightly lesser build quality to the normal WS3008.