Save Me From Buying More Orange Inks

annafdd

I already own and love Diamine Autumn Oak, Diamine Pumpkin, Iroshizuku Yu-yake, and Fuyu-gaki is on its way. Do I need Sailor Kin Mokusei as well?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• annafdd

• southpaw

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the title of this thread and thought "No, you need to buy ALL the orange inks and then make an awesome comparison, scan it and share it so I can be in awe with it."

Then I read the post and thought "Absolutely yes, buy it in my stead since I can't afford it yet, at least one of us should have it!"

So there you go. My honest thoughts. : )

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I read the title of this thread and thought "No, you need to buy ALL the orange inks and then make an awesome comparison, scan it and share it so I can be in awe with it."

Then I read the post and thought "Absolutely yes, buy it in my stead since I can't afford it yet, at least one of us should have it!"

So there you go. My honest thoughts. : )

Cheaper than Iroshizuku. Not by much, mind you...

Cheaper than Iroshizuku. Not by much, mind you...

In fact I think it's very fortunate that I find many Iroshizuku inks unappealing. I can actually name those that I'd buy: Tsuki-Yo, Fuyu-Shogun, Kiri-same, Tsukushi, Yama-guri and Ina-ho. I have strange tastes, I know.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Oooooh I just found out that the 50ml bottles are being replaced by 20ml bottles for the same price. Need to buy the old bottle RIGHT NOW.

I began my purchase of inks with ONE Brown, One Green & One orange; suddenly a purple crept in..........

I found I wasn't in love with my 1st Orange, it dried too "brown" to suit my requirement as the ONLY orange..........

Probably fifty ORANGES later, I have admitted a "few" of them are "almost right;" but I just ordered another one from the United Kingdom because "what if I like it better?"

(Sad to say, I may have MORE than 50 greens & browns, in addition to the oranges mentioned.)

YET, I wouldn't change any of it, because it is great to anticipate & experience each new color.

You should try Diamine Orange, and KWZ Grapefruit as well.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

​Ninja'd by JakobS - Kin-Mokusei and​ KWZ Grapefruit.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

You should try Diamine Orange, and KWZ Grapefruit as well.

I love Grapefruit and it's honey-like scent :)

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

Sailor Kin mokusei is more of a yellow than an orange.

There are more good orange inks out there: Montblanc Lucky Orange

Darker: KWZ Monarch (Fontoplumo) Diamine Blood Orange, Diamine Blaze Orange

Then you could start to add a bit more red into them: Diamine Coral, or Peach Haze....

I recently acquired Kin-Mokusei. I'm a fan of Orange inks. I don't really care for yellowish oranges. Diamine Orange is a favorite. imho Kin-Mokusei Is A True Orange With Wonderful Shading. Id Recommend Getting It.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

At the end of the day its just orange.

You cant use it at the office.

Some oranges are too light to be legible.

Dont buy it.

I don't actually NEED to write at work. I just jot down stuff on post-its and make notes because I like using my pens, but I can do it in any ink I prefer, they're my notes. Currently I am using Yama-budo, Momiji, Diamine Red Dragon and Pumpkin for them... I even have a pen with Diamine Sapphire Blue in case I need to sign an official document or something.

Just compared Kin-Mokusei with Diamine orange. KM is a bit yellowed n a bit less vibrant. Definitely like both though.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)