Originals Of Their Time

timesflowstemmed

Aside from collecting the post-1997 M800 family, the replicas have well and truly caught my attention. So Im like a rabbit in the headlights watching a full set of the Originals of Their Time on eBay. As a set these appear to be priced at more than twice would they would cost to buy individually. But its no crime (yet) to look and wonder and dream . . .

Gone all Pelikan ...

Blog: Time's Flow Stemmed

Twitter: @timesflow

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timesflowstemmed

• Bo Bo Olson

• zaddick

• Matlock

Top Posters In This Topic

'88-90 W.Germany 800 has a superb springy nib....the only 800 I'd even think of owning....to look to see if you can get that nib.

I have a W.Germany 200 with a tad more springy regular flex nib than my '90's 400-381 or Celebry pens. Or later 200's.

I had one of the Originals of Their Time on sale at my B&M a hand full of years ago.....The Aurora Verdi and the MB Woolf were the three that were looked at.

The nib did not do Original at all well. :(

It did modern....only.

I do have a first stage superflex in my 100n........well I didn't have that 100n, then and doubt if it would fit.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

With patience they can all be found for reasonable prices except the toledo. I have not seen that one at what I consider a reasonable price in a long time.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Do not pay asking price for that set. Way overpriced in my opinion (if were are thinking of the same one). I have the Jade and the Lapis and love them. Reasonable prices are out there if you're patient. It's a nice set to collect but prone to some issues due to the vintage materials used in the construction.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Oh, MY Gosh! I got the five pen set a few years after they had all been release and paid about a third of what this guy is asking. Yes, they were ALL new! mint in their original boxes. A couple were still in the cellophane original package from Germany. I honestly can't believe they have elevated themselves to that high a value. Even is they were brand new still in their original wrapping fresh from the factory. The fact that these are already used makes them even less of a "value" in my opinion!

Keep looking around for a better price than fifteen grand!

Fair winds and following seas.

Do not pay asking price for that set. Way overpriced in my opinion (if were are thinking of the same one). I have the Jade and the Lapis and love them. Reasonable prices are out there if you're patient. It's a nice set to collect but prone to some issues due to the vintage materials used in the construction.

The Jade and Lapis are stunning. I’m in no hurry. There is pleasure in meticulously acquiring a collection that outweighs the premium that comes from buying a full set.

Gone all Pelikan ...

Oh, MY Gosh! I got the five pen set a few years after they had all been release and paid about a third of what this guy is asking. Yes, they were ALL new! mint in their original boxes. A couple were still in the cellophane original package from Germany. I honestly can't believe they have elevated themselves to that high a value. Even is they were brand new still in their original wrapping fresh from the factory. The fact that these are already used makes them even less of a "value" in my opinion!

Keep looking around for a better price than fifteen grand!

Congratulations! That must have been a thrilling acquisition.

I’m happy to keep looking. That’s the fun part of collecting. I both dread and look forward to completing a collection.

Gone all Pelikan ...