Looking For A Souveran M600 Ruby Red Special Edition

drdean65

I had my briefcase stolen a few weeks ago. The one thing in it that has turned out to be a real problem to replace is a Ruby Red M600 Special Edition, with a Binderized nib from Richard Binder. Even with the power of Google Search, I've not been able to find one, either new or used. I'd certainly appreciate any leads you might have to track one down.

Thanks!

Dennis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drdean65

• Kalessin

• sargetalon

• dannyboy

I don't see an M600 Ruby Red on eBay; just M320 Ruby Red pens, which are much smaller sized.

There is an M600 Ruby Red on the martiniauctions.com website.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

There are all kinds and prices of them on Ebay. Several are new with your choice of nib.

Claud,

If you can find an M600 Ruby Red Special Edition Fountain Pen on eBay, you have a better eye than I do. I see some M320's there and an M600 Ballpoint, but no M600 fountain pens. I've been looking for several days before I posted here.

I don't see an M600 Ruby Red on eBay; just M320 Ruby Red pens, which are much smaller sized.

There is an M600 Ruby Red on the martiniauctions.com website.

Thanks, Kalessin!

I had not seen that one before. I have not used that site before, but will definitely see if I can register and bid. Just what I was looking for. I really appreciate the tip!!

Hard to come by these days and not cheap either. Nice looking pen though. Sorry to hear about your stolen property. Hope you can source a reasonably priced replacement.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Hard to come by these days and not cheap either. Nice looking pen though. Sorry to hear about your stolen property. Hope you can source a reasonably priced replacement.

Thanks very much for the kind thought! If the one on the Martini Auction site works out, I'll be fine. it will be a bit more than I originally paid, but not too bad, for a new one. My fingers are firmly crossed!

Congratulations on your site. It's become a key reference for me and I continue to read it often. Nice work!

Thanks very much for the kind thought! If the one on the Martini Auction site works out, I'll be fine. it will be a bit more than I originally paid, but not too bad, for a new one. My fingers are firmly crossed!

Congratulations on your site. It's become a key reference for me and I continue to read it often. Nice work!

Thanks!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I did not know what I was looking for. I thought it was the red stripped M600. Several on Ebay were said to be special editions and I was led astray. I am truely sorry!! Meanwhile looking through this thread, I am now hooked on martini auctions.com.( had to see what a real Ruby Red M600 looks like) A worse punishment I could not fathom. Serves me right.

Edited by Claud

I did not know what I was looking for. I thought it was the red stripped M600. Several on Ebay were said to be special editions and I was led astray. I am truely sorry!! Meanwhile looking through this thread, I am now hooked on martini auctions.com.( had to see what a real Ruby Red M600 looks like) A worse punishment I could not fathom. Serves me right.

No worries,Claud! I sincerely appreciate the attempt to help. And I know what you mean about the Martini Auctions site. My first visit was last night and now it's in my scan pattern to stay!

There are some fine nibmeisters, a few trained by Richard himself....to get the nib the way your stolen one was.

A comb pocket in a suit jacket might be a safe way to carry your new one.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

There are some fine nibmeisters, a few trained by Richard himself....to get the nib the way your stolen one was.

A comb pocket in a suit jacket might be a safe way to carry your new one.

Thanks, Bo Bo. Trust me, I have someone in mind already to work on the nib. And I've been rethinking what I put in my new briefcase, for sure.

Thanks, Kalessin!

I had not seen that one before. I have not used that site before, but will definitely see if I can register and bid. Just what I was looking for. I really appreciate the tip!!

Martini is great to do business with, once you register, it's pretty easy. They both own the site and sell a lot of the product there, including the Ruby M600.

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

I've used martini auctions before for a hard to find item. She is great to work with and you can deal with her in confidence.

There's also a K600 Ruby ballpoint on the same site... :)

Glad you've found one available on Martini's site! That's one of my favorite Pelikan's and I had to look for close to a year before one showed up on my Ebay search. Lovely, lovely pen! Good luck and keep us posted about the auction.

Martini is great to do business with, once you register, it's pretty easy. They both own the site and sell a lot of the product there, including the Ruby M600.

Good to know. Registration was certainly easy.

I've used martini auctions before for a hard to find item. She is great to work with and you can deal with her in confidence.

In this day and age, that's good to know. Thanks for the input.

Glad you've found one available on Martini's site! That's one of my favorite Pelikan's and I had to look for close to a year before one showed up on my Ebay search. Lovely, lovely pen! Good luck and keep us posted about the auction.

I certainly will. My fingers are firmly crossed!