M600 Turquoise Has Turned Up (Out Of The , Er ...blue)

encremental

The accuracy of the product shots has been a real problem over the last several releases. Pelikan really need to look into a new photographer.

Do you think they might be computer visualisations? But even so, colour correction is just about the easiest thing to do. I agree - if your product shots actually stop people buying, it's time for a rethink.
Ruth - you can never have too many purple pens! I'm not sure that Pelikan have even attempted one . Perhaps when they've got all those brown pens out of their system... As for the trophy which Pelikan were so pleased with, I don't know if you followed the link earlier, but:
post-7552-0-28074400-1522226006_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure a faceless nib with a mouth and breasts is ever the way to go :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

John

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• encremental

• sargetalon

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• oregano

That statuette is the stuff of nightmares.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Reminds me of pyramid head from Silent Hill in a weird combination with the nurses from same franchise. If you’re not up for horror and have no idea what I’m talking about, you probably shouldn’t look it up.

Wow, I cannot believe they are handing out a statue in the form of a primitive sculpture. What are we in, France in the 1920's?

The colours reminds me of my recent trip to Greece. The turquoise reminds me the sea, the stripe and off white represent the architecture and the gold trim match so well. I'm sold by it's colours, I immediately went to down to my friendly neighborhood shop to grab the last one with EF nib! It is my first Pelikan pen. Love how it writes!

Edited by sanfong

I still don´t get those 3 white-with-coloured-stripes pens Pelikan issued in the past few years:

the white-tortoise, the white-pink and now the white-turquoise

To me, they are just horrible, which is not the fault of the white colour (I just love the white M605 with white stripes) or the tortoise (I also love several of the tortoise pens, but only with black).

I admit, I generally hate pink, which means the pen wouldn´t have made it into my collection even if it had come with black cap and knob.

The turquoise is... hm, well, okay. I would like to have the Pelikan Ocean Swirl but those turquoise stripes are not for me, not even when combined with black.

What really turns me off is exactly the combination of white pen with coloured body and gold trimming.

To me it looks... cheap. Cheap and kitschy and showy without a hint of taste. I just can´t help it.

Edit: Oh, and the trophy shown above is an insolence!

Edited by carola

Thanks for the pics! I will easily pass on this color combo. Made me realize why the M800 Burnt Orange keeps moving up my favorites list with every new release. :)

For me this is going to be a must- but only once I have recovered from buying the Ocean Swirl, the brown marbled 200 and (by a stroke of luck) the Amethyst 205- all in the past 6 months... This addiction to Pelikans is getting out of control. :) But then, why should life be devoid of pleasures? :D

It is strange that so many people object to the Pink 600: although I am male, I have much enjoyed using it, including in the office. The new turquoise blue is stunning and filled with happiness. My assistant in the office calls my white tortoise pen, a "holiday" pen: I think the turquoise 600 is going to be a summer holiday pen!

For me this is going to be a must- but only once I have recovered from buying the Ocean Swirl, the brown marbled 200 and (by a stroke of luck) the Amethyst 205- all in the past 6 months... This addiction to Pelikans is getting out of control. :) But then, why should life be devoid of pleasures? :D

It is strange that so many people object to the Pink 600: although I am male, I have much enjoyed using it, including in the office. The new turquoise blue is stunning and filled with happiness. My assistant in the office calls my white tortoise pen, a "holiday" pen: I think the turquoise 600 is going to be a summer holiday pen!

Dont wait too long. I think this one is gonna go quick and many vendors have been shorted stock.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• 1 month later...

Further to my post a month ago, I have now “taken the plunge” and bought the beast. It arrived today (from the inimitable Cult Pens in the UK who offer it at very reasonable prices compared to other vendors).

It is MAGNIFICENT. I think it is probably one of Pelikan’s real star turns, like the Renaissance Brown or the Vibrant Blue 800. Owning the Tortoise White 600 and the Pink 600, I knew that I would love this pen. But when it arrived and I inked it up (with a fine nib) with Diamine “Majestic Blue”, the result was wonderful. This is a really attractive writing instrument, with a joyful colour that really brings a smile on a grey and dreary London day (where I live). It is a summer sky in a pen. And, oh, it writes beautifully too. Could not be more pleased with this latest addition to my (embarrassingly large) Pelikan collection!

• 1 month later...

I finally bit the bullet as well! After a long wait for the pre-order with an EF nib to arrive, cancelling it after three months, and second thoughts. It is gorgeous! I am very glad that the one I got doesn't look as 'glossy' as some others I saw, which I didn't care for. I didn't want to have 'buyer's remorse..in reverse' and this is my dream Pelikan design. My attempts to boycott Pelikan for raising the price of EF nibs didn't stand a chance against this one, but I do feel that I am nearing the end of my Pelikan collecting, since I'm into Parker atm and happy with the Pelikans I have for now :)

• 3 years later...

I am sorry I could not find a dedicated discussion thread for Pelikan M600 Turquoise, as there have been dedicated pen model discussions for other color combinations.  This thread was used to discuss this model, and it's up to 3 pages, so I thought I'd continue it.

I wanted to ask the owners of this pen to please describe the stripe color in terms of how cyan-teal-leaning it is.  I know it's not as green as Pelikan's promo photos made it out to be, and apparently not as green as the decorative ribbons on the gift box the pen comes with, but still: is it a very blue turquoise?  Or in person with indoor lighting it can be more cyan-teal?

Basically there are lots of photos of the pen on-line, but the cyan-teal spectrum is very difficult for camera sensors; nearly always those colors are portrayed as some form of blue-gray, devoid of any green, unless people color-correct or their specific cameras happen to be good at color-correcting their hues already (very uncommon).

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.”