Twsbi Precision Fountain Pen - Released In April '18

rjjone2

Hello, I am new to fountain pens and new to this forum but glad I found it. I'm the proud owner of a Diamond 580 AL Rose and I've got a Gold mini on the way to me now.

Anyways, I was listening to the Pen Addict Podcast and they mentioned a new TWSBI coming out next month, the Precision. I think I'm going to get it right away. Thoughts on it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bggn8z0HDX7/?hl=en&taken-by=twsbi

https://www.gouletpens.com/twsbi-precision-fountain-pen-extra-fine/p/TW-M7446200

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• IndigoBOB

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• dapprman

I think it is a bold and interesting design choice for TWSBI - metal pens are not my thing but I imagine some will love it! That step down looks intense though...

~AK

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

Bold and interesting - means it'll be divisive. I think it look awful and will feel uncomfortable to use for many.

Not to my particular aesthetic, but it will be interesting to see it sell well!

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

Bold and interesting - means it'll be divisive. I think it look awful and will feel uncomfortable to use for many.

Yeah, the design IS bold...I'm pretty sure there are those, like the OP, who'll like it. Personally, I like more traditional shapes so I guess I won't be getting one. Now the Eco-T in clear (or a non neon color) would be nice.

Maybe it's meant to go with their mechanical pencils 😊

This is one that I'd have to probably see in person. Because it's not out yet, Goulet Pens doesn't have full technical specs (such as the weight and size) yet.

Not sure I care for the aesthetics -- but then, I said that about Lamy Safaris as well, and now have a Dark Lilac LE (which I love) and recently purchased a Ruthenium LX through the Lamy-usa closeout sale, which is growing on me (although the Safari still wins out over it).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks like a cross between a Rotring and a Caran D'ache (pencil... esp that clip), to me.. But I'll be curious to see it live.

Looks like it can post but I need verification before getting too excited. Or specifically, I would like to know that it posts well. The 580 posts but it's a little tenuous for me personally.

I like the look overall. I certainly appreciate that it's not just a new color of one of their existing pens.

I like my 580, but I am not sure about the rest of the TWSBI line.

What I hate the most are the rubber o-rings. I understand that they serve a purpose, but they make the pen look so cheap.

Same goes for the Classic, the mini vac, the regular mini, and now the Precision.

sketchtack, it seems to post exactly like the Classic. Watch a few reviews online and you will see the same rings on the piston knob.

Edited by inotrym

We'll see how the facets of the barrell align with the hand. Can't tell from the pics if the flattest edge lays on the hand or not.

Edited by TSherbs

For me, the barrel's giant leap of a step places this TWSBI in a no-go zone.

Edited by Forsooth

Eugh! So they tease everyone two years ago about the possibility of a very interesting looking bamboo pen......and then come up with this?! Nope, not for me.

At least it will be a good buy for people wanting to create a set with the TWSBI Precision mechanical pencil.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

It looks ugly AND uncomfortable, with that huge step-down section. Pass.

It looks ugly AND uncomfortable, with that huge step-down section. Pass.

+1

Looks like they went backwards on this one.

SWING and a miss....

+1

I was excited to see a new TWSBI pen, looked at the cool color scheme, then saw the ugly and uncomfortable design.