Viper Green - Graf Von Faber-Castell

visvamitra

Graf von Faber-Castell was founded in 1761 and developed into the major manufacturer of wood-cased pencils. With time they started to offer much broader range of products. Few years ago company's introduced six inks. Last year they've added three new colors to the line. This year they've done the same. Three new GvFC colors hit the shelves.

fpn_1521748855__vipergreen_gvfc_is.jpg

Viper Green is quite nice. It's not the most saturated green ink ever created but it remains perfectly legible in all conditions and feels fresh. While I prefer olive greens, this one looks decent to me. It feels quite wet, even in drier pens and the flow is good. I haven't experienced any clogging or skipping issues and that's always a plus. Some feathering and bleedthrough will be experienced on absorbent and thin papers.

Overall impression - acceptable. Probably, I'll even use all carts that I bought.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1521748869__vipergreen_gvfc_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1521748888__vipergreen_gvfc_fn_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1521748901__vipergreen_gvfc_fn_4.jpg

My company's notebook (low quality paper), Waterman Phileas, medium nib

fpn_1521748934__vipergreen_gvfc_cc_1.jpg

fpn_1521748954__vipergreen_gvfc_cc_2.jpg

Field Notes, Waterman Phileas, medium nib

fpn_1521748971__vipergreen_gvfc_fn_1.jpg

fpn_1521748987__vipergreen_gvfc_fn_2.jpg

Rhodia, Waterman Phileas, medium nib

fpn_1521749053__vipergreen_gvfc_rh_1.jpg

fpn_1521749072__vipergreen_gvfc_rh_2.jpg

Tsubame, Waterman Phileas, medium nib

fpn_1521749089__vipergreen_gvfc_ts_1.jpg

fpn_1521749108__vipergreen_gvfc_ts_2.jpg

fpn_1521749120__vipergreen_gvfc_ts_3.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1521749135__vipergreen_gvfc_h2o.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrDebG

• visvamitra

• lgsoltek

• MHBru

Nice review. Ink: not bad as it reminds me of Kelly Green, although a tick mossier.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Would the its name and colour make this a good candidate for poison pen letters? :rolleyes:

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

Thanks for the great review! Now this is a green I can enjoy! It is just a nice, clear, pure green - not too much blue, not too much yellow - not too dark, not too light. I like it!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

It is a wonderful green & perfect for approaching Spring/Summer. It reminds me of Caran d'Ache's Amazon & I will be excited to use them on the same page to confirm their similarity.

It is a wonderful green & perfect for approaching Spring/Summer. It reminds me of Caran d'Ache's Amazon & I will be excited to use them on the same page to confirm their similarity.

Oh - that sounds lovely. I would love to see a scan of that. Amazon was a favorite.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thanks for the great review! Now this is a green I can enjoy! It is just a nice, clear, pure green - not too much blue, not too much yellow - not too dark, not too light. I like it!

+1. Kind of a grassy green. Thanks for the excellent review work Vis.

I look forward to when I can get this is the US. I've never tried a GvFC ink, but I'll try this one.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

• 3 weeks later...

Looks to me to have a woolly line....Even on Rhoda.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 month later...

After giving it some thought, I bought one bottle of this last Friday, but it's not until today that I've tried it. It looks as good on paper as it did on the screen. It's one of those inks that I know I'll use a lot.

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

• 1 month later...

THanks for the great review Vis!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

The colour is nice, but I find this ink to have a rather poor flow. In Kaweco Sport with B nib it writes as if it doesn't want to :(

• 10 months later...

i just picked up my first Nakaya... Dorsal Fin V2 Heki-tamenuri and this ink looks like a great match. my bottle should arrive today.... interestingly, the only GvFC inks i have are Hazlenut and this one... both in what I would call non-traditional colors that generally don't call out to me but these GvFC inks are really nice... I wasn't a brown ink fan until Hazlenut and my only other green (Franklin Cristof Midnight Emerald) while quite nice, doesn't get a lot of action on my desk. Of all my pens only a couple get matched with ink.... M800 blue strip w Kon Peki... M805 Ocean Swirl with Ku Jaku and now this Nakaya with Viper Green. I'm in a pretty happy place with these.. :)