Ranga 4C - How I Liked Ebonite

Roman-pl

It's hard for the central European to pretend that getting a fountain pen produced in India is easy. Such a fountain pen doesn't lie on the shelf in the first store with office supplies. In truth, collector's forums also treat writing instruments from India as... exotic ones. Sometimes you will find the opinion of a passionate who claims - and you believe only in his assurances - that these fountain pens represent such values as quality, good looks, pleasure of possessing. From a certain point of view, this is good, because fountain pens from India are "rare goods" - i.e. they are in possession of a relatively small group of users.

The reviews published by the sites: Atelier Novotny, Mehandiratta and Peytonstreetpens are good inspirations. As you can see, Ranga 4c was not a "blind date". In addition, the visit of the Pen Show Day Poland 2017 event - and contact with Japanese ebonite pens - decided that when the opportunity arose (the Group Buy ), the purchase was obvious. The pen ordered in April last year was sent around May 20 and arrived in Poland on June 5. All customs and tax formalities have been reduced to a minimum.

Blue premium ebonite. German system: JoWo two-tone color nib #6 B and Schmidt converter. Price fully acceptable - 75 USD.

Ranga 4c looks great. It has been beautifully handmade. The color is indeed premium - the same as in the case of Japanese ebonite pens. The body has been thoroughly polished, although it is not the maximum polisher. Ebonite did not carry any imperfections. Small, irrelevant scratches was created as a result of manual processing. The solid structure of the material enables engraving - without any problems. My writing instrument was engraved on the Gravograph M40G machine - the text itself, deep, several dozen precise engraving angles, without enamelling. This way of personalization is effective and very nice.

The geometry of the pen is perfect - which deserves to be emphasized because it is really big pen. Ranga 4c is properly balanced and comfortable in the hand. It is not heavy. The edges of the pen are machined straight, but the fingers do not encounter sharper edges. The clip is very easily deflected, among others for this, to wear a pen in a jacket or apron pocket. The thread of the pen is very long - which works well with an eyedropper (the pen is obtained with a tight, greased thread).

The pen went to my daughter as a memorial of matriculation examination passed great. Engraver contains a dedication for her.

post-135964-0-94636800-1521668851_thumb.png

Edited by Roman-pl

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman-pl

• sansenri

• mpkandan

• gudasrinivas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice pen Roman!

I have the Ranga 8B in premium blue.

Your photo really stands out! what ink did you use it with? it really looks same colour as the pen, is it a KWZ?

It's hard for the central European to pretend that getting a fountain pen produced in India is easy. Such a fountain pen doesn't lie on the shelf in the first store with office supplies. In truth, collector's forums also treat writing instruments from India as... exotic ones. Sometimes you will find the opinion of a passionate who claims - and you believe only in his assurances - that these fountain pens represent such values as quality, good looks, pleasure of possessing. From a certain point of view, this is good, because fountain pens from India are "rare goods" - i.e. they are in possession of a relatively small group of users.
The reviews published by the sites: Atelier Novotny, Mehandiratta and Peytonstreetpens are good inspirations. As you can see, Ranga 4c was not a "blind date". In addition, the visit of the Pen Show Day Poland 2017 event - and contact with Japanese ebonite pens - decided that when the opportunity arose (the Group Buy ), the purchase was obvious. The pen ordered in April last year was sent around May 20 and arrived in Poland on June 5. All customs and tax formalities have been reduced to a minimum.
Blue premium ebonite. German system: JoWo two-tone color nib #6 B and Schmidt converter. Price fully acceptable - 75 USD.
Ranga 4c looks great. It has been beautifully handmade. The color is indeed premium - the same as in the case of Japanese ebonite pens. The body has been thoroughly polished, although it is not the maximum polisher. Ebonite did not carry any imperfections. Small, irrelevant scratches was created as a result of manual processing. The solid structure of the material enables engraving - without any problems. My writing instrument was engraved on the Gravograph M40G machine - the text itself, deep, several dozen precise engraving angles, without enamelling. This way of personalization is effective and very nice.
The geometry of the pen is perfect - which deserves to be emphasized because it is really big pen. Ranga 4c is properly balanced and comfortable in the hand. It is not heavy. The edges of the pen are machined straight, but the fingers do not encounter sharper edges. The clip is very easily deflected, among others for this, to wear a pen in a jacket or apron pocket. The thread of the pen is very long - which works well with an eyedropper (the pen is obtained with a tight, greased thread).
The pen went to my daughter as a memorial of matriculation examination passed great. Engraver contains a dedication for her.

Very nice pen Roman!

I have the Ranga 8B in premium blue.

Your photo really stands out! what ink did you use it with? it really looks same colour as the pen, is it a KWZ?

Thanks. KWZ Inks Azure #3

Thanks a lot for your review and exceptionally beautiful Pictures Sir. WE are happy that you like the pen . It is really a good gift .

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

"KWZ Inks Azure #3"

thank you, nice, I have Azure #2 and love it.

Base on your own judgment, does the colour in your photo reflect the actual colour of the ink?

I find that photographs of ink and especially seeing them on the PC screen is never very precise.

I am deciding for my next KWZ and it has to be blue (I use practically only blue ink, but do have many different shades)

I would like to have a dark KWZ blue, neutral, or leaning to purple, rather than teal/green.

"KWZ Inks Azure #3"

thank you, nice, I have Azure #2 and love it.

Base on your own judgment, does the colour in your photo reflect the actual colour of the ink?

I find that photographs of ink and especially seeing them on the PC screen is never very precise.

I am deciding for my next KWZ and it has to be blue (I use practically only blue ink, but do have many different shades)

I would like to have a dark KWZ blue, neutral, or leaning to purple, rather than teal/green.

http://f-pen-pl-36.shoplo.com/vendor/kwz?p=3

Original palette of KWZ Inks blue color - I recommend

• 3 weeks later...

Nice review. I am inspired to acquire a Ranga Pen for myself.

The craft of the highest quality. Greets from Roman

gudasrinivas: You will not regret it.

A totally satisfied owner of a Ranga #3..................

• 2 weeks later...

thank you Roman

I got Azure # 5 and I am liking it a lot

@ gudasrinivas

Rangas are very satisfying pens, check their ebay offering, but do contact Mr. Kandan (member here) I think they have special terms for Indian customers

Edited by sansenri