New Photos Of Wing Sung 626 And Yellow 601

Tefolim

In China the gold-nibbed version of the 626 is around 47USD.

That's actually more than the 14k-nibbed Hero 100 and a lot of other Chinese hooded-nibbed pens, depending on the seller.

But the 626 has a much bigger nib, so more gold. I'd expect it to cost more.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• WJM

• Tefolim

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Anyway, any news about Wing Sung 626? Is this new batch any good?

Reviews on Taobao are mixed. The general consensus is that the pen is beautiful, but problems with the cap and clip still pop up.

The nib also seems to be a little soft, which is a bonus.

Taobao isn't a very reliable source though because sellers often harass or bribe anyone who leaves a negative review in order to make them change it (spoken from personal experience).

I'd wait a while before pulling the trigger on one of these.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I've received my green 626. Mine is a great writer right out of the box. The cap it a little wobbly when posted, that's my only real complaint so far.

I've received my green 626. Mine is a great writer right out of the box. The cap it a little wobbly when posted, that's my only real complaint so far.

Good news! How does the nib feel?

it's got some softness to it. Flexes just a bit when you apply some pressure. Mine's a reasonably wet writer, especially with pressure. nice and smooth, no tooth, writes from any angle.

That, unfortunately, was to be expected. Posting doesn't seem to be something that Chinese manufacturers are very concerned about. I expect 626 being at best similiarly possible to post like e.g. Penbbs 308. Possible, but not very secure, not designed for it.

it's got some softness to it. Flexes just a bit when you apply some pressure. Mine's a reasonably wet writer, especially with pressure. nice and smooth, no tooth, writes from any angle.

Sounds great! I was wondering about the softness because I noticed some line variation on Chinese reviews.

That, unfortunately, was to be expected. Posting doesn't seem to be something that Chinese manufacturers are very concerned about. I expect 626 being at best similiarly possible to post like e.g. Penbbs 308. Possible, but not very secure, not designed for it.

Now that you mention it, I guess you are right. I've never seen a Chinese pen video in which the cap was posted. That would make sense for weight reason as well because Chinese usually like to have a front heavy pen that bears down on the paper. The way they wrote with fps is very different from in the west.

I just got my blue 626 and I have to say I'm very impressed. It looks gorgeous, including the two toned nib. I was a little nervous about the short, slick section, but it curves up at the end and almost locks my fingers in place. It feels really nice in my hand. The nib wrote well right out of the box with a nice, wet fine line. I think it's a great pen that I'll use often.

Glad we have some news! I saw the pen about 2 weeks ago, but I am holding fire. I agree that 25 euros is a little too much for a Chinese pen, biut maybe we are used to ridiculous prices when it comes to Chinese pens...

And I am thiking that, being from any other nationality, we would buy without hesitation. We paid +50 euros for our TWSI Diamond, and I have bought a W.S. 3008 for 1.77 euros shipped! A great pen.

For those about to rock... we salute you!

Glad we have some news! I saw the pen about 2 weeks ago, but I am holding fire. I agree that 25 euros is a little too much for a Chinese pen, biut maybe we are used to ridiculous prices when it comes to Chinese pens...

And I am thiking that, being from any other nationality, we would buy without hesitation. We paid +50 euros for our TWSI Diamond, and I have bought a W.S. 3008 for 1.77 euros shipped! A great pen.

I had the same thoughts.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

chrisrap52 did a review of 626

At the moment most of them are sold out. Yesterday I seriously considered pulling the trigger on the blue one, but I think I'm going to wait for the green one to be back. I contacted three eBay sellers and the all replied that in about two weeks we can expect another batch.

https://youtu.be/Ihkk6EEtaow

At the moment most of them are sold out. Yesterday I seriously considered pulling the trigger on the blue one, but I think I'm going to wait for the green one to be back. I contacted three eBay sellers and the all replied that in about two weeks we can expect another batch.

I've been noticing the same thing on the manufacturer's Taobao store. Every couple weeks a few more get added and the blue and green always sell out first. Since I have the Penbbs 308 in identical green, I think I'll go for the blue one. These Chinese acrylic pens really are beautiful!

I keep holding out for the medium nib.

Other than confirming my hopes about this pen, the big takeaway from Chris' excellent video review was...don't even think about flexing the 626's nib. That nib bends so easily. A great deal of inexpensive Chinese pens have bendy nibs like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Parker gave Hero a permission for Parker 45. Hero's P45 is Hero 800(beta ver. Hero 80) . (According to article written by Hero and some topics on Chinese forum.)

I like Hero 829 among Hero pen with P45-style nib.

Besides, it is considered that Parker's Chinese factory sold machine to Hero' s Lishui branch.

And the Only One Chinese FP maker accused by Parker before PRC founded is Chiang Hwa for its 51-style Parkrin.

Chiang Hwa late became a part of Dah-loh, Dah-loh(focus on Sheaffer) transferred its FP and Brand(Lucky) to Xinhua(Wingsung)

Wolff(Hero) faced clip problem in Thailand, late 1950s. Then the FP for export has a non-arrow clip.

It seems that the Patent and Design are only protected for 5 years before 1980s.

Tefolium, is it at all possible with your connections to get a hold of one of the yellow 601s?? I want one so bad but they are going for ludicrous prices second hand on Taobao.

#5 nib≈#26(about 26mm)nib in China. The gold nib ver. is #26 Lucky gold nib.

I am not sure whether #6 nib ≈ #28(about 32mm,≈oversize).

The iridium tipped nib is #28 nib.

Now that the 626 has been out for a while, has anyone else tried swapping the nib? If so, what nibs will fit?

After seeing the 626 nib get so easily bent in Chrisrap's video review, I'm thinking I may want to swap it out once I finally do get one. I did the math and the 14k-nibbed version costs just a couple dollars less than buying a steel-nibbed 626 and another Wing Sung pen with the same 14k Lucky nib.

• 4 months later...

Now that the 626 has been out for a while, has anyone else tried swapping the nib? If so, what nibs will fit?

After seeing the 626 nib get so easily bent in Chrisrap's video review, I'm thinking I may want to swap it out once I finally do get one. I did the math and the 14k-nibbed version costs just a couple dollars less than buying a steel-nibbed 626 and another Wing Sung pen with the same 14k Lucky nib.

I ran across this today on Taobao.

It's a 0.7mm No. 28 nib. (金星28). According to one commentor the size is 32*6mm. This should work in the 626, right? Has anyone tried?

O1CN011NKOkuWuNjZvpW5_!!2652331551.jpg