Twsbi Eco

suman5492

No stains and no cracking on my Eco.

Have fun if you decide to buy one! They are great pens for the price.

~AK

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuzzy_Bear

• amberleadavis

• Drubbing

• opsguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My ECO, w/ 1.1 nib, is my current signature pen. It is loaded with Dromgoole's Noodler's Texas Bluebonnet. Yes, the barrel is stained. But it is blue and I have no problems with that.

Peace and Understanding

Diamine Grape did the same to me. -- Now run through a cleaning ink (Noodler's Eel, Sailor Do You, Vintage Sheaffer) and it will be cleaned up fast.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Same for me with Diamine Grape! I now enjoy my Eco with a pink barrel :D Just kidding, some enrgic washing with water did the trick. Shame on Grape for staining barrels, it's a gret ink under any other aspect (colour, shading, cheap paper performance, lubrication).

Totally worth the price. The piston is really smooth and works really well. I really like the industrial design but thats preference. The plastic probably isnt the highest quality but its nocer than a preppy or the like. I think its resistance to staining would depend on the ink. Ive used mine with Noodlers black, Lamy Turquoise, Diamine Sherwood, and probably others without problems. I wont use Private Reaerve Tanzanite in demonstrators because it has a tendency to stain.

I've had my Eco for about six months now, and it's a solid workhorse. I have used two Noodlers semi-bulletproof inks (Navy and Kiowa Pecan) and neither have stained it at all. I did have a scuff and rust on the cap band and contacted TWSBI... they did say it was caused by my damage... but for $3 USD it was replaced. Can't complain at all...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the parts in yesterday, all repaired. Yes, removed the feed on these Eco.

I have two Ecos, one of them has been left untouched and just used, the other has had the feed removed a few times. The second pen has cracked its section. Twsbi say that it is my fault that the section has cracked because I havent been careful enough in fitting the nib into the feed recess, I can go along with this thinking although Twsbi go a little overboard in promoting the fact that the pen can be disassembled, if the pen should or can be taken apart then a screw fit nib unit would be much better.

The additional problem that I have on the 'other' pen is that the feed and nib are now quite loose, they will rotate within the section and ink burping has increased.

My advice on the Eco is to ignore the comment from Twsbi that the nib and feed can be readily removed, leave it alone for as long as possible.

• 1 month later...

I got my first Twsbi Eco in fine nib two weeks ago. My initial impressions are it is well made. But I just cannot figure out why it writes so bold for a fine nib. It writes like a medium to me. I am a lefty so I really needed a finer line.

I cannot see the marking on the nib so I cannot verify if it is really a fine but that's what I ordered. Are their nibs normally like thisIs this? Should I have gotten an extra fine?

My Eco has had Diamine Marine in it for a year. No staining that I can tell. A very nice 1.1 stub that wrote great right out of the box, but I smoothed it up a bit more anyway, and it is a terrific writer. But really, pens are meant to be used, so if they stain and can't be completely cleaned, that's just part of their character. It's a really nice workhorse pen for $30 US.

I got my first Twsbi Eco in fine nib two weeks ago. My initial impressions are it is well made. But I just cannot figure out why it writes so bold for a fine nib. It writes like a medium to me. I am a lefty so I really needed a finer line.

I cannot see the marking on the nib so I cannot verify if it is really a fine but that's what I ordered. Are their nibs normally like thisIs this? Should I have gotten an extra fine?

all 6 of the ones in our house are on the wetter side

But a lot of spread issues come down to ink/paper combination.

Have you tried a different ink/paper combination? are you using a notoriously wet ink?

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

all 6 of the ones in our house are on the wetter side

But a lot of spread issues come down to ink/paper combination.

Have you tried a different ink/paper combination? are you using a notoriously wet ink?

Yes I have tried several different papers and inks with all the same results.

I have ordered a EF nib and will see how that goes.

Good luck. Hope you get the results you are looking for

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Well I picked up another Eco with a medium nib. I filled it up and to my surprise it writes with a finer line then the other pen that has a fine nib. So I suppose the first pen might have a defective nib. This new one is so smooth and writes a finer line so I am loving it.

I will contact Twsbi about it.

• 3 months later...

I bought four Eco Pens as gifts to friends in the last two years. Until now nobody has mention any problem with them. I hope they are using them.