What, In Your Opinion, Is An "apocalypse Pen"?

Arotaes

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• pajaro

• scratchofapen

• SoulSamurai

Most of the things I can remember could get me into some trouble, even after forty years.

Hi all,

Pajaro is right... he probably also took an oath of silence like my father did.

Back in the '50s, he was with military intelligence and he was one of the team members that helped select the designated targets for Eastern Europe if the red balloon ever went up.

The family used to ask him, what or where they were,... as late as the upper 2000's... and he would not speak of them.

Besides,... there are some things you're probably better off not knowing. :)

- Anthony

​I'd probably just grab one of my M150s.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

In Heidelberg back in a international stress situation... HQ USAREUR and 7th Army were in Heidelberg....the number one Euro target. I lay in bed, and as I raised there was a brilliant flash. I fell back face into the pillow saying the 4 letter word..........Two bitter breaths later....I was still alive. The sun had struck a window across the street just right. :lticaptd:

Hi BoBo,

That's a wicked way to wake-up...

...but at least it ended well. :lol:

- Anthony

ETA: I meant to post this days ago, but duty called... and then it slipped my mind. :blush:

Edited by ParkerDuofold

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i strongly assume that if you survive the start of the whatsoever apocalypse you will be stuck with what ever you had with you at the time and did not loose when you flee the cause..

Remember the films with hunting zombies, invading aliens or natural disaster? I doubt that one will waste a thought about what pen to grab before trying to save his life...

I doubt that one will waste a thought about what pen to grab before trying to save his life...

I feel as if you might be misjudging some of the people on this forum...

Hmm, am I allowed to grab a little baggie of spare parts along with the pen?

If no, Parker 51 Aero.

If yes... maaaybe the Parker 45 flighter instead - with the 80s-90s period pli-glass sacced squeeze converters.

If I damage the P51's nib through misfortune or accident, or the aerometric filler somehow breaks years into the nuclear winter (not that I've ever seen an aerometric filler break...) it would be difficult to service a P51 on my own, without tools. A P45 on the other hand- as long as there are spare parts, what is there to fear? Nib bent? No problem here's another nib... section warping? No problem, that's why I keep a little stash of spare sections on hand. And so on.

I suspect the main problem will be ink, though. :rolleyes:

A MB 149 or Pelikan M1000 would be the best tool to kill zombies, in the event the nuclear apocalypse derives to that :-)

And they can hold a lot of ink, a bonus in such a hostile scenario...

Edited by Calamus plasticus

I feel as if you might be misjudging some of the people on this forum...

lol you're right... We'd probably already have the pen on us ; )

I would bid all my lovely pens goodbye before they were incinerated, take my best bottle of wine and sit in my garden to watch the mushroom cloud .

I have no desire to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Charcoal. I imagine it would be easy to find, and there'd be a lifetime supply. Short and miserable as that life would be.

Edited by kd3

Add lightness and simplicate.