Ranga Pens- Introducing New Ebonite Colours!

mpkandan

Hi, do you have the length of the Model 8B? Capped and uncapped? Thanks.

Capped length is app 6 inches.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• delhirox

• mpkandan

• gampupen

• MBDostoevsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have received my four ordered pens and they are lovely!

I have taken a picture to upload but was unable to figure out how to upload from my computer (without uploading to a site). Any insights would be much appreciated!

I have received my four ordered pens and they are lovely!

I have taken a picture to upload but was unable to figure out how to upload from my computer (without uploading to a site). Any insights would be much appreciated!

Go to full message editor ("More Reply Options")

post-138103-0-90479900-1521659314_thumb.jpg

Click on "Choose File" under the posting field:

post-138103-0-14792100-1521659365_thumb.jpg

Then click on "Attach This File"

You will then see a new menu option "Add to Post":

post-138103-0-45839900-1521659403_thumb.jpg

When you click "Add to Post", your image will be placed where your cursor is located. So make sure to click where you want the image to appear before clicking on "Add to Post".

Repeat for more images.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

When you click "Add to Post", your image will be placed where your cursor is located. So make sure to click where you want the image to appear before clicking on "Add to Post".

Repeat for more images.

Thank you so much Intensity for the detailed tutorial!

I apologize but when I go into 'More Reply Options', the 'Attach Files' never shows up for me. I tried with both Chrome and Safari. I have added the picture to Instagram. You can see the image here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgmXYBYB-Rc/?taken-by=crackthemba. I know this is not ideal but I was unable to figure out how to add the image to this discussion :(

From left to right, the pens are (all in smooth finish):

1) Pink Blue Swirl, Model 3C, Bock nib in EF, Black

2) Blue Orange Green White Swirl, Model 8B, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

3) Blue White Swirl, Thin Bamboo, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

4) Pink Blue Pale Yellow Swirl, Model 3C, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

Thank you so much Intensity for the detailed tutorial!

I apologize but when I go into 'More Reply Options', the 'Attach Files' never shows up for me. I tried with both Chrome and Safari. I have added the picture to Instagram. You can see the image here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgmXYBYB-Rc/?taken-by=crackthemba. I know this is not ideal but I was unable to figure out how to add the image to this discussion :(

From left to right, the pens are (all in smooth finish):

1) Pink Blue Swirl, Model 3C, Bock nib in EF, Black

2) Blue Orange Green White Swirl, Model 8B, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

3) Blue White Swirl, Thin Bamboo, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

4) Pink Blue Pale Yellow Swirl, Model 3C, Eyedropper, Kanwrite nib in F

Posting the pictures of your pen for you! Nice Pens! Enjoy!

No copyright infringement intended...

post-112646-0-59784900-1521704011_thumb.jpg

Edited by MBDostoevsky

I’m not completely versed in the rules, but I think there is a minimum number of posts required before you are able to do some things on FPN. Uploading pictures may be one of those.

Lovely pens. You’ll enjoy them

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Many thanks for posting the picture on my behalf MBDoestovsky! Thank you all for the comments.

I'd like to add that I'm loving the pens. I've been warming up to them more and more with each passing day. I love the smoothness of the Eyedropper version!

Also, I read on another thread about a stuck section inside the cap. I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I immediately wrote to Mr. Kandan who had a nice remedy. Incidentally, another tip that helped was online relating to soaking the cap in soapy water (5:1 ratio). 2 mins of that and I could get the section out. I think some of the ink was clogging it up.

Excited to see everyone else's pics!

Many thanks for posting the picture on my behalf MBDoestovsky! Thank you all for the comments.

I'd like to add that I'm loving the pens. I've been warming up to them more and more with each passing day. I love the smoothness of the Eyedropper version!

Also, I read on another thread about a stuck section inside the cap. I had something similar happen to me yesterday. I immediately wrote to Mr. Kandan who had a nice remedy. Incidentally, another tip that helped was online relating to soaking the cap in soapy water (5:1 ratio). 2 mins of that and I could get the section out. I think some of the ink was clogging it up.

Excited to see everyone else's pics!

How's the uncapped length of the 8B? Is it the same as the 3C?

Edited by Dovucoe

How's the uncapped length of the 8B? Is it the same as the 3C?

The uncapped length of the 8B is marginally longer - maybe a couple of mm. More or less similar.

What about the nib section width? I know they are different in shape. But is the feel similar?

I'd say the 3C nib section is a tad wider.

When you ask about the feel, do you ask about the feel of the ebonite itself? If yes, I find them to be similar. Having said that, I want to mention that my two 3C pens seem feel slightly different. The blue-pink swirl feels different from the blue-green-orange-white swirl and blue-pink-pale yellow swirl. The latter two colors feel more polished, if you will. Might be that the former is coming from a different vendor?

Thanks, So now I know that 3c is wider.

But is the difference palpable when you write. In other words is there a difference in the comfort level while holding the 2 pens. I know it is subjective, but still wanted to know as I do not have any pens with hourglass nib section.

Enjoy your pens. 👍

I personally found both pens to be comfortable. Truth be told, I had not even paid attention to the hourglass shaped section until you asked?! The 8B was comfortable to write with, for me. I want to mention that I have small hands. YMMV.

Go to full message editor ("More Reply Options")

attachicon.gif upload image 1.jpg

Click on "Choose File" under the posting field:

attachicon.gif Attach image 2.jpg

Then click on "Attach This File"

You will then see a new menu option "Add to Post":

attachicon.gif Attach image 3.jpg

Repeat for more images.

trusting not to go OT,

the described method does not work for me since a very long time (but used to work in the past, say 2 years ago?) it keeps telling me that upolad failed, despite I reduce my files to well below 2Mb (usually around 600kb).

The only method that works for me is using the upload page at the top (tab in the top row of the page, in blue).

I reduce size of my photos, which are usually 4 MB, browse and select them from the upload page, upload them, copy the direct link, go to my post, click more reply options, select the image icon (green window in the top row in the post window), paste the link, post.

A bit cumbersome, but works.

Edited by sansenri