Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Review Of Vintage Soyuz Fountain Pen From Ussr

eharriett

Been looking at getting a vintage Soviet pen for a bit. I finally found one I really liked the look of. Here is my review. Feel free to ask me any questions.

GNgcSDI.jpg

cZrzPvH.jpg

tMBvEjo.jpg?1

sgbHcVG.jpg?1

dhKKKGX.jpg

iZS7Vbr.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Freddy

• eharriett

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the review.....

You wrote: "Where have you ever seen flex before in a hooded nib???!!!"

Aurora 888 c1960's..88's c1950's..Waterman Taperite{s} some really flexie nibs.

The Soyuz looks just like the Camlin 47 hooded nib.. piston filler with diamond shape ink windows.

On a personal note...all me Parker "51's" have not had any problems as long as they are set-up right....

Fred

I know Waterman changed around their design around for the Taperite a few times, but I own two of them, and neither of them are "hooded." Both are "recessed" or semi-hooded. Although you may have a true hooded Taperite. But yeah, I was thinking of Taperite when I thought of some semi-hooded ones. That being said,

I have never seen or held a vintage Aurora before, so I am unsure of them.

I also have never seen, or even heard of a Camlin before. Sounds interesting.

I have 2 51's. They are both a real bare to write with. Hard starters. I never use. Figured it was because I am left handed, but I've since tried a Lamy 2000 and now this and seen that really is not the case. Was going to give up on hooded nibs entirely when I saw this one and thought I'd give this one a try.

Edited by eharriett

Very nice. Thanks for the review. I want to own a Soyuz too. Have been in touch with a few Russians who are primarily watch collectors. But I am still to buy one.

Reg the camlin 47 which is a piston pen from India, the direct inspiration is from the Montblanc Monterosa.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.