Another New Pelikan.....

Runnin_Ute

I paid $100 for my M200 Cognac new form a authorized dealer in Japan. (via Amazon) That would have been November 2015. It was a late 2014 SE.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Calabria

• Matlock

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very pretty! Size is the primary reason I will probably not buy this one.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Wait for the rush to abate and they drop in price dramatically. I purchased the 120 in it's special edition box brand new for 100 Euros and the Amethyst 205 brand new for $120 (Australian). Both fabulous pens and I am glad I waited.

I will probably do that, I bought a couple of watches recently, and tax season is arriving so I will wait a while and see how prices go.

Regards

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference between this and m200 nib, cosmetic differences aside?

I second this question. Anyone has hands on experience and can talk about the difference in writing?

Im thinking about getting this pen. Really digging the aesthetic.

I second this question. Anyone has hands on experience and can talk about the difference in writing?

Im thinking about getting this pen. Really digging the aesthetic.

I like it too. Price is too high, what else is new? If it has a sufficient production run, picking it up later at a reduced price should be possible. But it's not the same as the black/green, a color combo that had little wow factor. This color is going to be more popular for sure, maybe like the Café Crème - which a lot of people bought despite the size and steel nib. This is a cute little pen, and it's fun - it reminds me of the 101 reissues, although it's less fancy.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

The black/green is on sale on Massdrop for $139.99. Not as pretty as the blue one, but priced right.

Edited by Claud

I have an original regular flex 120 with a still prime gold plated nib.........so I didn't need the new one...$$$ :o :doh:

It's a very pretty pen, but see no reason it's more expensive than a 200........unless it comes with a gold nib.

The original 120's nib was much bigger than a 140's....so a vintage '50's 400 nib should fit. I'd swapped nibs just to see if I could...and could. But the 400 was more class.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Yeah the price is...quite high for what it is. But Im really into blue/gold colour scheme. Then again, I already have an M800 blue stripes to cover that need...decisions, decisions.

I've learned enough about myself over the years to recognize that any pretense of deliberation here would just be kidding myself. I'm going to buy this pen because it's a cool-looking new Pelikan at a price that, however excessive it might be, is still within the range of rash and ill-considered decisions that have collectively given rise to my modest FP collection. Pelikan is an especially weak spot for me.

I've learned enough about myself over the years to recognize that any pretense of deliberation here would just be kidding myself. I'm going to buy this pen because it's a cool-looking new Pelikan at a price that, however excessive it might be, is still within the range of rash and ill-considered decisions that have collectively given rise to my modest FP collection. Pelikan is an especially weak spot for me.

How expensive does it need to be for you not to buy it?

😂 Word

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

There! 'nuff said. :)

Original design.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Well this was certainly a surprise for me, which is not all bad I need a little jolt every once in a while to remind me that I don't know it all.

Is there a price on this pen yet? I noticed that nibs.com has it listed for $392. I assume that I will be able to do better than that. I am not in any rush, but I will be buying this pen. The 120's have a special hold on me. The first 'real' FP I bought was a M&K 120 back in the very early 70's. I thought I would be the next Hemingway or Jack Kerouac, and a proper fountain pen seemed to fill in the picture. That vision didn't materialize, but I still have that pen and it still writes, better than I do.

Nibsmith has just the pen for $188 with a free customization, or the box set for $212.

Is there a price on this pen yet? I noticed that nibs.com has it listed for $392. I assume that I will be able to do better than that.

This is a very special case, actually. Nibs.com does not sell any steel nibs (that's their philosophy). So they're selling this pen but adding an M400 gold nib unit.

Other stores seem to be right at the $188 mark for the US pen without the special edition box and ink.

This is a very special case, actually. Nibs.com does not sell any steel nibs (that's their philosophy). So they're selling this pen but adding an M400 gold nib unit.

Other stores seem to be right at the $188 mark for the US pen without the special edition box and ink.

That's not a bad mark up considering the gold value of a 14k nib is around €8. I wish I could make that sort of money :)

Peter

Im also wondering about the nib on the 140. I dislike the flimsy feeling of the m200 steel nibfrom the photos, this one looks bigger and is thus potentially firmer. Is it?