Another New Pelikan.....

Runnin_Ute

Saw an announcement via The Pelikan's Perch for another Special Edition Pelikan for March release. The M120 in Iconic Blue

post-95773-0-19365200-1518841427_thumb.jpeg

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Calabria

• Matlock

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if you can swap original 140 nibs to it?

I just checked and my M120N Green/Black takes a vintage 140 nib no problems at all.

Agree the colour is great and it looks like a hit, I just hope it’s a little more reasonably priced than the green/black, which was getting up there for a steel nib.

Actually, if you did go with a 140 nib it would be a pretty close reissue of this - the 140 I just used as the test nib.

post-135562-0-25538100-1518860415_thumb.jpeg

The colour of the the 120 looks brighter, but maybe thats how my 140 started life?

Edited by DJB2903

Depending on the price, I'm buying this. It's a great look.

Chances are it will cost about 200$, similar to the last 120 reissue.

Edited by Waltz For Zizi

Absolutely love the dark blue / gold combo. Love it. But the price is way too high and this pen is too small for me personally. Thank you for sharing!

I love the look but I'm sure that the suggested retail pricing is going to be a big black mark against this one, just as it was with the Green-Black.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I find the special box and yet another wretched bottle of 4001 Konigsblau the problem here.

These pens are for collectors, and frankly collectors have all the Konigsblau they need. This collector would prefer a standard ink-less box, and a commensurately lower price.

Having said that, great looking pen and I will buy it in a heartbeat!

John

I find the special box and yet another wretched bottle of 4001 Konigsblau the problem here.

These pens are for collectors, and frankly collectors have all the Konigsblau they need. This collector would prefer a standard ink-less box, and a commensurately lower price.

Having said that, great looking pen and I will buy it in a heartbeat!

John

I fully agree about the ink, just how many bottles of ink can you use? The only thing to be thankful of is that 4001 ink is not too expensive, unlike the new Montblanc Elixir range recently announced (and then deleted) by MB at $71 for 50ml.

Peter

I must admit that I like the new pen. It made me go back and take a look at the reissue Black-green 120 and I thought that it looked nice. And if I decided I wanted the blue, then I'd probably better pick up the Black-green as well. These are special editions after all.

I have plenty of ink, in brands that I like, no, I adore, and I honestly have no need for another bottle of 4001 Royal Blue. If Pelikan had produced a custom Edelstein ink for the 120, available only with the pen, that would have been very interesting and would have made the additional cost worth while.

While it seems I've somehow acquired ten Pelikans (9 modern, 1 vintage) I don't consider myself a collector. I don't need one of every release. M2xx and M4xx are the pens I've acquired so far. So it's best if I stick with those. Anyway, this M120 is a really nice looking pen and I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy with it.

Chances are it will cost about 200$, similar to the last 120 reissue.

Gorgeous!

A more realistic price for this pen would be in the m2xx range.. Oh well.

My thoughts too. To add another point - @ $200 I expect a gold nib, not plated. So I'm out even though both colors appeal. Blue the more so. MORE SO.

I wonder how the used market is treating the Green-Black model? A quick search does not yield much data on that. And I certainly would think that the Blue will remain more interesting & desirable....

Likely my money will remain with Vintage models, mostly. Did I say I really like the blue?

I'm a big fan of the original 140 for writing, due to its size, balance and nib. I haven't found the blue version yet, so this will have to substitute until I do. Hope the pen color is true to the beautiful photos.

My thoughts too. To add another point - @ $200 I expect a gold nib, not plated. So I'm out even though both colors appeal. Blue the more so. MORE SO.

I wonder how the used market is treating the Green-Black model? A quick search does not yield much data on that. And I certainly would think that the Blue will remain more interesting & desirable....

Likely my money will remain with Vintage models, mostly. Did I say I really like the blue?

I've purchased two of the green ones in the used market, $130 and $100, the last one in November. It was unused and quite a nice little Medium. Hope I can find a similar bargain on this blue one down the road, because I agree with everyone, $200 is too high, and another bottle of Royal Blue is not a real sweetener.

My guess is the M20x Olivine and the ink to match will be below the price of this M120... a better deal, for me anyway.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I've purchased two of the green ones in the used market, $130 and $100, the last one in November. It was unused and quite a nice little Medium. Hope I can find a similar bargain on this blue one down the road, because I agree with everyone, $200 is too high, and another bottle of Royal Blue is not a real sweetener.

My guess is the M20x Olivine and the ink to match will be below the price of this M120... a better deal, for me anyway.

Thanks for that data point. And some hope....

Wait for the rush to abate and they drop in price dramatically. I purchased the 120 in it's special edition box brand new for 100 Euros and the Amethyst 205 brand new for $120 (Australian). Both fabulous pens and I am glad I waited.

I've pre-ordered mine and really love the green/black one.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"