Omas Milord Disassembly

sub_bluesy

So I have a bit of an issue with a new style Omas Paragon that Ive had for a while. The pen ran great when I bought it secondhand. For quite a while actually. The section threads have a bit of friction before the facets are aligned when capped though. This is my only resin section Omas so the feel was new to me. One day I ran the cap about half a facet passed tight with the facets lined up. I was distracted and slightly over tightened the cap a hair. Since then, Ive had an ink leak at the silver trim where the section meets the body (green arrow).

Im in the process of taking the pen a part and have the piston out along with the nib and feed (disassembled passed both red arrows). The feed/nib collar are still in the section. Is there a joint where the round section meets the faceted body at the green arrow? Ive taken a part several metal section Paragons and am familiar with the joint from section to body on those pens. Is the Milord made in the same way? I dont see a clear tube reservoir as I did on the new Paragon. The pen body looks to be the reservoir on the Milord and the section is made of the same material as the body. The joint location is a little mysterious to me in this case. I dont want to attempt to find a joint where one does not exist if you catch my drift!! I did find that some ink had made it passed the piston filling assembly on the other end though despite not seeing any ink seeping here when assembled. Its a great writer so I would love to get it back up and running again. Thanks for your help FPN! Cheers!

post-138856-0-96244700-1518592023.jpeg

Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• Brettman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick update. I was able to look at the pen under magnification today and found the reservoir is actually still a clear tube on the Milord. Also the section is just a friction fit to the body so I was able to separate it. Its faceted also so you just wiggle it back and forth instead of turning. You can see dried ink in the pic. Now I think I just heat the section and unscrew the reservoir.

post-138856-0-11230700-1518656028_thumb.jpeg

You are proceeding now the correct path... just be very careful of the inner cylinder as they shot it from acetate and it is very delicate....

Got the reservoir out. Looks like the nib collar is threaded to the reservoir on this pen. Its leaking at the joint at the black arrow. I cant get the collar out so Ill seal the assembly around the leak and at the threads to the section. That should do it!

post-138856-0-32872700-1518723338_thumb.jpeg

You are proceeding now the correct path... just be very careful of the inner cylinder as they shot it from acetate and it is very delicate....

I got the pen inked today after letting the shellac dry for 24hrs. There was some small cracking in the acetate near the feed collar (black arrow above). I ran a bead around the collar to reservoir joint as well as the section to reservoir threads. It seems to be holding ink just fine now and Im not seeing leaks in the section. The piston filler knob is a bit tighter than I would prefer though. I saw a gap between the trim ring and body so I ran it closer to the body to get the trim flush to the body. Problem is I need to tighten the knob pretty good now to get the facets perfectly aligned. I might address this at a later date though if it bugs me enough. Faceted pens, sheesh! The good news is its back up and running after over 6 months or so.

post-138856-0-96159700-1518940216_thumb.jpeg

post-138856-0-29658800-1518940236_thumb.jpeg