Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Platinum X Bandai: 3776 Fountain Pen Of Vist

Ronderick

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000123208/?rt=pr

So after the two limited edition Gundam-themed fountain pens (Zabi and Char), Platinum and Bandai

has teamed up again to create 3776 Fountain Pen of Vist (Vist Foundation is one of groups from Gundam UC).

The bad news is that it only comes with 14k fine nib.

Price at 27000 yen and scheduled for delivery in May.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronderick

• amk

• Inkling13

• SpecTP

That is rather lovely, but how is the unicorn band made - painted on? I wonder how well it will last.

The tapestry set 'La dame a la licorne' is in the Musee de Cluny in Paris, and well worth a look for anyone happening to find themselves there.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

What's wrong with 14K nibs? Interesting, but not interesting enough.

Nothing wrong with the 14k nib. The only problem is available only with F.

The 3776 nib is definitely one of the best (if not the best) nib made by Platinum, but it would be even better if they offer other nib sizes (at least M and B).

That is rather lovely, but how is the unicorn band made - painted on? I wonder how well it will last.

The tapestry set 'La dame a la licorne' is in the Musee de Cluny in Paris, and well worth a look for anyone happening to find themselves there.

According to the webpage, the unicorn emblem is produced via printing. It also mentioned that the resin is mixed with some type of glass substrate-based dye so the pen "glitters" at certain angles. I guess we'll have to see the actual pen to understand the effects this creates.

Also, the brass ring is printed with the words "A Mon Seul Desire", which is also from the tapestry.

(On a side note, the Medieval Museum was one of the places I skipped during my previous sojourn in Paris... went to Giverny instead, since I figured there's less chance to visit Monet's Garden than a museum inside Paris proper).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...