• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• HalloweenHJB

• lgsoltek

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't have anything to put up yet, but I looked through my ink review journals and noticed that a LOT of the best shaders seem to be either in the green family (especially the more blue leaning ones) or the brown family. And Smargagdgrun seems to fit right in with the former category.

Which is weird, because I don't tend to actually LIKE blue-leaning greens (which is a *different* family from either teal or turquoise, in that they still ARE green...). But the ones I have in that color range really did seem to be great shaders....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Cool! I love R&K. I've come to own the whole line of them. Smaragdgrün is one of the first R&K I bought.

I love them too, they seem to work well with anything I put them in. Sepia was the first I got from that line, and I just kept collecting them. And Smaragdgrun is actually one I just bought last week!

R&K Scabiosa and Diamine Earl Grey.

Hmmm, well, I didn't quite get the shady results I was expecting, although both these inks shade well. Scabiosa has a very soft gentle graduated shading that I love, and you can see it in a few places. Earl Grey is a bit more obvious.

25207277887_b304a0e7d0.jpg

25207281747_a79e9d669e.jpg

25207284277_91d86a5a9c.jpg

28298983129_a4f53b31dd.jpg

25207291327_85cbb7bf72.jpg

OOOH. Earl Grey looks quite nice!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here's my combo for now... The Tokiwa Matsu is more green than the picture shows, but the other colors aren't too far off (on my monitor):

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/201802HanginInTheShade.jpg

For search engine purposes:

• Robert Oster Caffe Crema in Pilot Falcon SEF
  • KWZ Brown Pink in Waterman Laureat F
  • Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu in Lamy Al-Star EF
  • Sailor Sei Boku in Pilot Stargazer F

Well, my range of shading inks is definately not extensive - but I have found two that are lovely together and one shades beautifully even in EF nib - the other is in the fake it till you make it corner - but if you look closely there is a little shading. I decided to stick to EF nibs - because that's what I gravitate towards - and there is some shading posible even with them. Diamine Syrah and Diamine Autumn Oak.

fpn_1517780289__img_20180204_212611.jpg

Edited by fionafish

Writing and typing with the help of cats

I love both of those pictures. I think I shall have to add KWZ Brown Pink and Diamine Autumn Oak to my wishlist. I think KWZ have some lovely shading inks, even some of the richer colours in the right circumstances have lovely subtle shading properties.

Gotta love green inks!

SlPTulb.jpg

Wow...I can't throw shade on these. They are beautiful.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Here's my combo for now... The Tokiwa Matsu is more green than the picture shows, but the other colors aren't too far off (on my monitor):

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/201802HanginInTheShade.jpg

For search engine purposes:

• Robert Oster Caffe Crema in Pilot Falcon SEF
  • KWZ Brown Pink in Waterman Laureat F
  • Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu in Lamy Al-Star EF
  • Sailor Sei Boku in Pilot Stargazer F

Wow I love that Robert Oster ink!

Wow I love that Robert Oster ink!

:) Yeah, it's growing on me fast. It's not quite as yellow as that photo makes it out to be - the darker spots are more accurate - and the swatch (where I filled a square with it).

Tracing paper = crazy shading.

fpn_1517951787__myosotis_tracing_paper.j

fpn_1517951844__souten_tracing_paper.jpg

fpn_1517951961__kon_peki_tracing_paper.j

fpn_1517951993__ina_ho_tracing_paper.jpg

fpn_1517952018__verdigris_tracing_paper.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I tried an experiment and it turned out very well. I love the color of Noodler's Habanero and Oster Ng Special, but they can be difficult inks. But together? :D Well-behaved shade monster!

fpn_1518119126__2018-02-08_144213.jpg