Mega Group Buy 2 - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Model 3, 4, 5, 3C, 4C)

mpkandan

form submited.

Now I will wait 19 pens.

Thanks....

woaah... that good list... what are you waiting for apart from ranga

Form submitted for a Model 3, teal-black ripple, chrome clip, bakul finish, no nib.

No nib means ... made to accept bock nib...

Great to hear this news, Can you tell me what are these pens' size different with emperor?

Does the "Acrylic Demonstrator" Version with full pen Polished so I can see through the whole pen?

Thank you very much.

same size for model 4 and emperor.... but since these are handmade they can vary approximately 1mm here and there...

Acrylic Demonstrator here comes only in matte finish and not completely polished...

The matte version is also translucent and still you can see ink... check this review for the effect https://mehandiratta.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/pen-review-ranga-demonstrator-bamboo-regular-size/

I understand! Oh well. The last couple of group buys I seen have been for Bock - hope they bring back the Jowos one of these days.

That will be in next group buy probably

Form submitted. Was told to wait for email for payment instructions - never received. Please advise.

please wait... You will receive email ...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• sansenri

• abuomar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can email MP kandan directly mpkandan@yahoo.co.in

Thank you,

E-Mail sent.

Please disregard my group #2 order form submission and I will special order the pen in the smaller size.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave G.

in my experience the Emperor is very similar to model 3

the section is the same size (the section on model 4 is also the same size but the body is wider)
here are the Emperor and model 3 side by side

fpn_1516318250__p1140565-3.jpg

Payment request received and payment sent.

Kandan sir, please let me know if not received.

Thanks.

in my experience the Emperor is very similar to model 3

the section is the same size (the section on model 4 is also the same size but the body is wider)

here are the Emperor and model 3 side by side

fpn_1516318250__p1140565-3.jpg

yeah, you are right ...

vaibhav mehandiratta

It must be me but I do not understand this offering. Would someone be so kind to explain me the following :

1. What is meant by " buy 2 of Ramga pens". Does this mean we choose two pens etc?

2. Are these with bock screw in nibs with the housing or just the nib itself.

3.When will the pens be delivered?

4. Is shipping included in the price?

Thanks

fpn_1517218034__20180129_130204-01.jpeg

(from Left to Right)

1st two pens are Model 3C

3rd pen is Model 3

4th pen is Model 4C

5th Pen is Model 4 in Demonstrator

6th Pen is model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section

7th pen is Model 5 in Premium Ebonite

How do I order the 6th pen? I want exactly that one, the Model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section. Do I just mention that in the comments of the form?

Edited by gryphon1911

It must be me but I do not understand this offering. Would someone be so kind to explain me the following :

1. What is meant by " buy 2 of Ramga pens". Does this mean we choose two pens etc?

2. Are these with bock screw in nibs with the housing or just the nib itself.

3.When will the pens be delivered?

4. Is shipping included in the price?

Thanks

Hi, will try to answer your questions (based on previous experience with Ranga Group Buys):

1. This is "Mega-Group Buy 2", as in, the second time Mr Kandan has done a "mega" group buy that allows you to choose from a range of pen designs. Previous Ranga group buys were for a single model only. You choose *one* pen from among the five options provided - unless you *want* to buy more ;).

2. These are Bock screw-in nib units - nib, feed and housing all included, plus (I believe) a Schmidt cartridge converter. If you already have a #6 Bock unit lying around (as I did), you can order the pen minus nib unit, and save about $14 on the order (I think - check what the Group buy says).

3. Mr Kandan will bill you within a few days of receiving your order, then add your pen to his manufacturing "queue" once he's received payment. All pens are made to order. I'd expect you're looking at 4-6 weeks for the pen to be made (based on previous experience), then a couple of weeks for the pen to arrive.

4. International shipping is included in the price.

I now have (I think) about 6 Ranga pens - I'm sitting this one out (probably) because I've already got a Model 5, a Model 4B, and two Model 3s. I can't speak highly enough of Ranga's workmanship - especially for the pens he designs to hold JoWo or Bock nib assemblies!

Edited by Jamerelbe

Excited for another Ranga Group Buy... thanks for arranging it for us.

I submitted the Google Form on 2/3/18 for 4 Pens:

Model 5 - Round - S.E. Green Blue - Polished - Steel / Silver Tone (Medium)

Model 5 - Flat - S.E. Crimson Red - Polished - Threaded Bock (No Nib)

Model 4C - Round - S.E. Olive - Matte - Chrome Clip - Threaded Bock (No Nib)

Model 4 - Flat - R.E. Solid Green - Polished - Chrome Clip - Threaded Bock (No Nib)

*Waiting for invoice / confirmation with total amount due to send PayPal.

Jemerlebe

Thanks so much! Was a huge help. Do you know if I have the choice of having theboen made to fit a Jowo screw in nib ? Are these made to fit #6 Bock and finallybwhat isbthe advantage of buying directly here through the group buy rather than from ranga in ebay or Peyton street pens. Is there a dosciuntnif buy more than one? Thanks so much!

Jemerlebe

Thanks so much! Was a huge help. Do you know if I have the choice of having theboen made to fit a Jowo screw in nib ? Are these made to fit #6 Bock and finallybwhat isbthe advantage of buying directly here through the group buy rather than from ranga in ebay or Peyton street pens. Is there a dosciuntnif buy more than one? Thanks so much!

Several of Ranga's previous group buys gave the option of JoWo (or Schmidt) nib assemblies, or eyedropper pens with ebonite feed and generic nib. This group buy is Bock nib assemblies *only* - so, no, you won't be able to ask for the pen to be threaded for a JoWo or other nib assembly.

I don't think there's any discount for buying multiple pens - though you'd have to ask Mr Kandan. Maybe if you were ordering a *huge* number?

The advantage of a Group Buy is that the purchase price is cheaper - as long as you're happy with the options that are available! If not, you can buy via eBay or contact Mr Kandan directly to talk about other alternatives - but you'll pay a little more for the 'privilege'.

How do I order the 6th pen? I want exactly that one, the Model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section. Do I just mention that in the comments of the form?

Please mention model 5a in notes of the form.that you fill in ...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hi, will try to answer your questions (based on previous experience with Ranga Group Buys):

1. This is "Mega-Group Buy 2", as in, the second time Mr Kandan has done a "mega" group buy that allows you to choose from a range of pen designs. Previous Ranga group buys were for a single model only. You choose *one* pen from among the five options provided - unless you *want* to buy more ;).

2. These are Bock screw-in nib units - nib, feed and housing all included, plus (I believe) a Schmidt cartridge converter. If you already have a #6 Bock unit lying around (as I did), you can order the pen minus nib unit, and save about $14 on the order (I think - check what the Group buy says).

3. Mr Kandan will bill you within a few days of receiving your order, then add your pen to his manufacturing "queue" once he's received payment. All pens are made to order. I'd expect you're looking at 4-6 weeks for the pen to be made (based on previous experience), then a couple of weeks for the pen to arrive.

4. International shipping is included in the price.

I now have (I think) about 6 Ranga pens - I'm sitting this one out (probably) because I've already got a Model 5, a Model 4B, and two Model 3s. I can't speak highly enough of Ranga's workmanship - especially for the pens he designs to hold JoWo or Bock nib assemblies!

Thank you for explaination...

It was detailed or very well

vaibhav mehandiratta

Jemerlebe

Buying here benefits :

1. Cheaper prices compared to eBay Store

2. Customisation option like grip width or shape, pen length etc.

3. More Color options

4. Demonstrator is available here only not on ebay or Peyton

Cons :

1. Waiting time is more

And for the first part of your query..

Please note that this group buy is for various pen models but only with bock nib.

We will be doing different group buy later with various nibs.but that will be only for one pen at a time.

vaibhav mehandiratta

form submitted

well... I know I promised my next Ranga would be an eyedropper... but the eyedropper option is not available here, and the Ranga 3 is my favourite Ranga size!... ok, I am saving my promise for next group buy

here, I am going for a 3C, in Special ebonite, solid forest green, no clip, and with a customized section shape like the model 8B

(model 8, slightly larger size, which I hope to see in one of the next group buys )

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/331862-ranga-model-8b/?hl=%2Branga+%2Bmodel

(hint, hint, Vaibhav...oh, and we also need the Premium blue white ebonite back by then...! please...) :D

Hi

What are the dimensions of each of the models? Length, weight, width? Can a particular model be shortened or lengthened? Can all models come either with a domed cap and domed body end or a flat top and flat body end?

Thanks

@eytim

I don't have measures handy

but check the pictures in post 48 and 68, to get an idea

model 3 and 4 are essentially the same length, 3 and 4 are flat tops, 3C and 4C are rounded ends

model 3 and 4 (and 3C and 4C) have the same section, model 4 (and 4C) have a wider body

model 5 is much bigger and comes with rounded ends, I have not see it with flat ends