Any Thoughts On The Hero 737?

truthpil

Mech !!! '' Hero's new hooded nib models " :) . I am alllllll ears . :) Any model in the classic hooded nib style ?

Hero 6075 probably the closest as far as classically styled goes. these new hooded nib generally all use the integral feed as I've sown in the M+G on the Show and Tell thread and use the thinner straight sections. A few Hero though use the old fashion fat tapered section as this one, but they generally do not fellow the classic style as far as the whole pen goes ; the 6075 though look the part even though its just an up market student pen( its still all meal ). You might want to check the 9317 ( black and cream color ). Its not exactly classically proportioned but its look fits

fpn_1517160235__hero6075.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Mech-for-i

• Seele

• sciumbasci

Hero 6075 probably the closest as far as classically styled goes. these new hooded nib generally all use the integral feed as I've sown in the M+G on the Show and Tell thread and use the thinner straight sections. A few Hero though use the old fashion fat tapered section as this one, but they generally do not fellow the classic style as far as the whole pen goes ; the 6075 though look the part even though its just an up market student pen( its still all meal ). You might want to check the 9317 ( black and cream color ). Its not exactly classically proportioned but its look fits

fpn_1517160235__hero6075.jpg

How about Hero 616 - 2018 i saw it on Tao Bao and Tmall .

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.266.b0094247tKYGz&id=525908874078&ns=1&abbucket=6&sku_properties=2066814:7373997

And would also be the new Wing Sung 601 . :)

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

The 616A is not new by any means , its on the market for years. Basically small version of the 616 in bright youth colors

You might want to goto a shop and try Hero's new hooded nib models and also their numerous 10K gold nib pens like the H708 or my favorite the H703. Check all the no.5 nib model, there is actually 2 size Hero made , one is the typical no.5 , what's termed size 26 and then there is a smaller version which had a nib sized 20/21. Its visually and physically a smaller nib but in general these small no.5 nib tend to write smoother, better than the larger nominal size no.5 ; quite a number of Hero are equipped with this smaller no.5 nib ( the H703 I favor actually use this version in 10K gold )

Look what came today! I inked it up and scrawled this out as soon as I could get it out of the package:fpn_1517580801__p1090354.jpg

The picture is a little misleading in that the pen is quite thin. I was surprised by how soft the little nib it...almost semi-flex, but not as much as the Hero "Huafu" 186. Screwing the cap onto the back of the pen takes some getting used to and the threads are still a little rough.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

nice to now I ad not blotched it ... lol ... my 703 is the pale satin pink gold not quite as bling bling as yours but I love it

• 6 months later...

Most of them differ little in the pen part, what really differ is the material and working of the material in concern, mostly metal. I too am eyeing this, but might consider the 738 grey instead. They are all 2017 new release. So how doe the 737 actually feel, glossy or matt, does the surface feel smooth or satin say like raw anodized.

Hey Mech, did you ever end up getting the Hero 738? I'm getting the buy another inexpensive pen itch again and am debating between the 737 and 738 (along with others). I prefer the way to 737 body looks when unposted, but I prefer the look of the 738 when capped or posted. They appear to have identical nibs and sections, so the issue is mainly aesthetics. However, I'm curious about how well balanced the 738 is when posted, since it appears to be designed to post securely.

I agree, I liked the look too so I just took to eBay and ordered one for £8.92, which equates to just over $12. I’m looking forward to receiving it.

How do you like your 737??

• 9 months later...

How do you like your 737??

I really must apologise - I had completely forgotten to report back and today I have just re-discovered the pen in amongst some others that needed flushing out after no use for some time.

It is a very reasonable pen for the price - comfortable to hold, although the section is quite a bit narrower than the body, it has knurling on the surface so it is easy to hold. Pen is 32g or 21g without the cap (inked). Worst thing about the design is the clip - which bulges out in an arc and doesn't really suit the slim, 'stealth' style of the pen and spoils the look somewhat. But the one most irritating feature is the nib - which is a medium, but which simply gushes with ink. If I invert it, it becomes more manageable, becoming like a fine italic. I've tried applying pressure while inverted to close any gap between the nib and feed, in case that was the problem, to no avail. I filled it with Diamine Ochre since that was to hand, not aware that it was an especially free flowing ink.

In my younger day (in the 70s), I used to write at school with cheap Parkers which invariably had broad-ish medium nibs and used to write with them inverted. I have to do the same with this one. Otherwise, the nib and the pen in general is nothing really to complain about, not too bad at all for the price.

• 1 month later...

It is a very reasonable pen for the price - comfortable to hold, although the section is quite a bit narrower than the body, it has knurling on the surface so it is easy to hold. Pen is 32g or 21g without the cap (inked). Worst thing about the design is the clip - which bulges out in an arc and doesn't really suit the slim, 'stealth' style of the pen and spoils the look somewhat.

I haven't been paying attention to Hero for a while, but this one seemed like a good beater and I got one. I have to agree, the clip is functional, but supremely ugly and I am sure its mirror black surface will scratch easily. I haven't yet inked it up, but I'll let you know how the nib works out when I do.

ah I totally forget we had a discussion on tis , yeah in the end I got both the 737 and 738, the 737 in stealth black, and the 738 in Gun Grey ; the 738 post secure and top heavy ( as expected ) for my size S hand I do not need to use it posted ; the 737 I do agree look better , but not the clip. Anyway , pretty much most of todays Hero mid range pen use that standardized no.5 FM nib and those are really the pen to had. Hero do not made those pen to be show piece nor for just price dumped down, these are pens made for writing.

if anyone looking for something like this and do nt mind the mirror surface finish the model 2068 with its flat top and Gun Grey mirror chrome finish could be the choice

I tried it, and I like it. The stiff nib works, consitent line. Posted I find it back heavy, it's long enough to use unposted, at least for me. The design is nice - at least it's not a ripoff from another company. Too bad the clip isn't more aligned with the stealth nature of the design.