Changing of the Guard!

Admin

When forming the original administration team it was decided that the admins would not be permanent and that each admin could decide when their time was up.

The Admin Team would like to announce that Denis Richard and Kendall J. have decided to step down from the Admin Team. We would like to convey our thanks and appreciation to Denis and Kendall, for all the time and effort they have put into making FPN such a great success. Best wishes, and we hope to see you both posting here often.

Watch this space for further information on the new team members.

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger

• KCat

• Velma

• smudgy

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have only been here a short time, I would like to say that FPN is a truly wonderful place, made possible due to the dedicated efforts of the Admin Team. Denis and Kendall, a sincere and heartfelt "thanks" for a job very well done.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hey, guys, thanks for all your work, and for making folks feel welcome. (This goes to you who are staying on, as well -- this has been one of the nicest online communities I've found.)

Like Southpaw, I'm pretty new here, but jees, you guys are, in my eyes, a large part of the core of FPN. I didn't know of the ephemeral nature of the admins, and figured it was like a U.S. supreme court justice position...life or as long as you wanted it.

Enjoy your new found free time, guys. You've earned it! :) Thanks.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

Another one who didn't know that the admins weren't permanent.

Thanks to both Denis and Kendall for all they've done to make FPN great! Hope you both stick around. :)

Vanessa

Hi Roger,

"ephemeral" is probably a strong word. Denis started the board over a year ago. I was either his first or second admin brought in to help. I have no intention of going anywhere soon although I will be less active on the boards for a while.

I imagine some of us will leave the team only to come back later when we're in the mood to tell others ... i Mean HELP others with the board again :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I think this is a great way to maintain the high level of effort that the Admins have already shown. It lets people take a "break" from running things and just "play" here for a while, and it lets new people work their way into a trusted admin position. I can easily see some folks transitioning back and forth periodically.

Thanks to all who do the job, and to the two taking a break. I really appreciate the forum and the friendly attitude of all the participants.

kathy wc

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

Can't improve on anything that's been said, and I heartily agree. This is one of the nicest, most civilized, friendly boards I've ever been on.

Thanks for your efforts!!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little impact on society." Mark Twain

Denis & Kendall--thanks so much for all of your time and admin. input, as it does take a lot of time to do a conscientious job. Hope you guys will rotate back in to admin. after a good rest...Meanwhile, hope you'll keep posting and enjoy yourselves doing so!

...And thanks, too, to all the admins. for all the work in keeping this site going, and going smoothly, at that, as well as "mining" for new ideas.

Best, Ann

I'd like to add my appreciation for a job well done to that expressed by the others. I trust you both will continue posting to the board.

Thanks.

Gerry

I guess the best I can do is repeat what has been said in the previous posts. You Guys were at the start of this forum and can take pride in building something that has given many pleasure. It has also helped expand pendom by your knowledge and instruction.

You have generated and nurtured interest in fountain pens, both old and new.

Why the hell am I congratulating you, damn it, pens I used to get on the auction sites for $15-$20 now cost $100. The prices have gone thru' the roof. Every Tom, Dick and Harriet now does their own repairs (or is it "do their own repairs"). I may have to give up a hobby that was unique, because everyone now has a fountain pen. Soon I will have to start writing with a ball point (biro) :bonk: to stand out in the crowd. See what you have done :angry: .

Seriously, enjoy your well earned rest after a job well done :D :D .

George

Thanks to everyone for hte kind words. We're not dead, and we're not leaving, but hopefully will have time to talk more pens...

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I'm just adding my voice to the chorus of appreciation. All the Admins are doing a phenomenal job in making this message board a friendly, comfortable place where one can seek respite from the rigors of daily life. Thanks!

Great that both of you guys are still in here and continuing to contribute and educate.

I love the 'edge' that Kendall can bring to a discussion, but keeps it civil rather than becoming confrontational. That is the diplomatic skill that I referred to before.

I'm tickled to see the appellation conferred to Denis under his avatar. Richly deserved as FPN's founder.

Ya done good, guys! :lol:

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List