Wing Sung Balance

Tefolim

That's odd - I fit a Parker converter in my 626 without a problem. As far as the nozzle's width goes, that is.

I can't explain the discrepancy. My converter does have a Parker logo on the barrel, so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• WJM

• Mech-for-i

• ErrantSmudge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does mine, and I tried more than one. I guess the explanation unfortunatele would be the classic Chinese lack of quality control and in result, difference between pieces of the same model. But this one really goes far.

Edited by WJM

I can't explain the discrepancy. My converter does have a Parker logo on the barrel, so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal.

So does mine, and I tried more than one. I guess the explanation unfortunatele would be the classic Chinese lack of quality control and in result, difference between pieces of the same model. But this one really goes far.

My Wing Sung 626 in red with golden point it's working well without any problems, with the factory supplied converter .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius
I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

I have noticed that WS626 is available again in eBay in all four colors BUT only in the white dot variant.

Does anyone know whether this is a new "third production batch" or just a relaunch of old stock from the first one (blamed for having some manufacturing defects)?

Following your kind replies to my question, I decided to take the risk and get these pens while they were still available.

So I jumped in for the blue and the green ones and, after a couple of weeks using them, I have to report that both are flawless and performing in line with my expectations.

They just needed some flushing and minor nib alignments before use.

One is inked with Waterman's Green and the other with Parker Quink Royal Blue and both lay down a smooth fine line as one would expect from this type of nib. However, as it has been previously mentioned here, they write clearly dryer than the examples tested in Youtube.

While I cannot assure 100% that they actually belong to an improved "third production batch", as aforementioned, I have not found any construction defect (nib, clip, threads...) nor performance related issues (converter fills completely with just three pump in-out cycles, no leaks, no overnight drying, etc..)

It is true that they are not cheap by chinese standards, but putting all together I believe they are worth having.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I received two Hero 3.2 mm converters I ordered some time ago, in hope of getting a better ink flow in my Wing Sung 626.

It did no go well.

The converter fits the pen very securely, or at least it seems so. Similarly like with Parker converters it was, unfortunately, too long and had trouble fitting the back of the barrel. I just disassembled it and cut off a little bit of the twisting knob and the problem was gone.

I filled the pen with this converter inside, tested it and quickly gave up. Unfortunately with this Hero converter my 626 starts wet and then goes drier until stops writing at all, requiring priming the feed. After that it writes for a moment and, sooner than before, goes completely dry again.

Perhaps getting rid of the agitator would do something (there is a little spring inside the converter, I have a rather bad experience with those) but right now I don't care enough to try.

I got back to the stock 626 converter. Recently I used this pen quite a lot, and with low maintenance inks (Waterman Black and Blue) it's a decent writer.

Today I received two Hero 3.2 mm converters I ordered some time ago, in hope of getting a better ink flow in my Wing Sung 626.

It did no go well.

The converter fits the pen very securely, or at least it seems so. Similarly like with Parker converters it was, unfortunately, too long and had trouble fitting the back of the barrel. I just disassembled it and cut off a little bit of the twisting knob and the problem was gone.

I filled the pen with this converter inside, tested it and quickly gave up. Unfortunately with this Hero converter my 626 starts wet and then goes drier until stops writing at all, requiring priming the feed. After that it writes for a moment and, sooner than before, goes completely dry again.

Perhaps getting rid of the agitator would do something (there is a little spring inside the converter, I have a rather bad experience with those) but right now I don't care enough to try.

I got back to the stock 626 converter. Recently I used this pen quite a lot, and with low maintenance inks (Waterman Black and Blue) it's a decent writer.

Oh no!

Have you tried to contact Bobby (office_supplies_pen on ebay)? He's a seller from china and a fellow member here. And indeed is a great seller.

Maybe he might have the answer - or the spare original converters!

It did no go well.

Thank you. You have saved me the time, trouble and expense of trying the same to get my 626 working.

The leak on my converter has devolved to the point where it can no longer pull ink up from the bottle. So my 626 is completely useless, unless I can figure out what kind of cartridges it takes and use it as a cartridge pen (I couldn't get it to work with an official Parker cartridge).

Edited by ErrantSmudge

• 2 weeks later...

i have a Sheaffer Balance.........

then you certainly don't need one of these haha.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

i have a Sheaffer Balance.........

So do I.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Interestingly, my 626 that arrived today came with an extra converter. It looks exactly the same as the installed converter, but the opening is a bit small and it won't fit. Happily the pen and installed converter have no issues (2nd batch always seems to be better with these types of Chinese pens) but the second converter than doesn't quite fit is weird.

Maybe you have to just jam it in with some brute force?

I remember a thread where someone said Chinese standard is 1mm wider than Pelikan's, making it possible to use SI cartridges on Chinese pens, forcing a bit the opening, but not the other way around

I remember a thread where someone said Chinese standard is 1mm wider than Pelikan's, making it possible to use SI cartridges on Chinese pens, forcing a bit the opening, but not the other way around

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a converter that came with a Chinese pen had to be jammed in to fit. It's probably a QC issue with the converter. I've had issues with the similar-looking converters that come with Delike pens. One of them needed to be jammed in because there was some extra plastic sticking out the side of the converter.

I jammed as much as I could and no luck. It has a visibly smaller opening and the plastic around it is really hard. I don't have a dremel but I suppose a pointy sanding attachment on my drill might work. Or I think I have a bead reamer around somewhere... Edited by DasKaltblut

so BTW, does the 626 use the Pelikan ( int'l ) spec, or is it the Parker / Lamy spec, or the Hero spec for the converter ???

Seems to depend which particular pen...

In mine Parker converter and Hero 3.2 mm converter fit. Although Parker is too long and I can't close the pen. With Hero I had serious flow issues.

Parker cartridges theoretically have the right opening diameter but won't get pierced.

Parker cartridges theoretically have the right opening diameter but won't get pierced.

What about refilling a used Parker cartridge that has already been pierced?

If the seal is tight, it might be perfect.

I don't know. I once tried cutting off some of the piece of plastic that is around the cartridge opening. After that I could put the cartridge in the pen and it got pierced, but leaked inside the barrel. Possible due to the cut being uneven

Edited by WJM

Parker cartridges do not work in my 626. I pushed one in there as firmly as one could, but ink did not appear at the nib even when stored nib-down overnight.

I took my 626 to the San Francisco Pen Show and had a few pen experts look at it. I was on the lookout for chinese-made converters to fit the pen, but ultimately was told to go to Ebay.

One person noticed the converter (which looks like a Platinum clone) was cracked at the nozzle, explaining the air leakage I am having. Somebody tried a genuine Platinum converter but it didn't fit.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Parker cartridges do not work in my 626. I pushed one in there as firmly as one could, but ink did not appear at the nib even when stored nib-down overnight.

I took my 626 to the San Francisco Pen Show and had a few pen experts look at it. I was on the lookout for chinese-made converters to fit the pen, but ultimately was told to go to Ebay.

One person noticed the converter (which looks like a Platinum clone) was cracked at the nozzle, explaining the air leakage I am having. Somebody tried a genuine Platinum converter but it didn't fit.

Yeah, Ive seen that problem with delike's platinum converter clone. Whatever plastic they are using for the opening seems to be prone to issues. However, the Delike version is simply a standard international size opening. I wonder why every Chinese penmaker has to have a different size of converter, it's very frustrating.