#6 Jowo Flex Nib Units Available!

PrestoTenebroso

Hey there,

I'm offering flex nib units for sale which are designed to hold the Zebra G dip nib. Over the last year or so, I've been experimenting with nib units and now nearly all of my pens will be JoWo #6 nib unit compatible.

(JoWo nibs are a pen industry standard, and JoWo the company is one of the biggest names worldwide in fountain pen nibs.)

Essentially, if you have a pen that holds #6 JoWo nibs (ask the manufacturer if you're not sure) that you want to try out my flex pens with buy a nib unit (the nib unit is the nib, the feed, and the black collar you see in the attached photo), unscrew yours from your pen and screw in mine.

Also, all of my upcoming pens will be compatible with JoWo #6 nib units so if you have a nib you like (a specially modified nib, for example), you will be able to screw out the nib unit I provide, and screw in your own.

Disclaimer: Obviously, because I can't see where the nib unit is going, I can't guarantee that it will work as well in your pen as it will work in my pens, but purchasing a separate nib unit is an option I want you to have.

Pierre

post-101589-0-09323700-1515562725_thumb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReadyFireAim

• PrestoTenebroso

• Kodiac136

• crahptacular

I just got 2 and am excited about checking it out.

Now I can hot rod an old clunker pen that has been collecting dust.

Any chance you can also offer Bock compatibility?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

That's exactly what it is. You can read in the first post:

flex nib units for sale which are designed to hold the Zebra G dip nib

edit: if you were wondering what makes these different from regular Jowo housing units, I believe the collar is stock (not sure of this) while the feed is a custom-made ebonite one made to fit into the standard collar size while fitting/providing sufficient flow to a G nib, neither of which a stock feed will do. The nib itself is a standard Zebra G.

Edited by crahptacular

Is it me, or does it look like a dip nib in a FP nib housing.

It totally does :P that's the basic idea that he founded the company on : fountain pens built around the Zebra G.

Must confess though : the title misled me a bit ... I thought theser were actual JoWo nibs with a flex mod.

-k

I just got 2 and am excited about checking it out.

Now I can hot rod an old clunker pen that has been collecting dust.

Splendid! Let me know how it goes!

Any chance you can also offer Bock compatibility?

If Uncle Pennybags wants to make it worth my while…

Is it me, or does it look like a dip nib in a FP nib housing.

I hope so. Again, never meant to mislead!

That's exactly what it is. You can read in the first post:

edit: if you were wondering what makes these different from regular Jowo housing units, I believe the collar is stock (not sure of this) while the feed is a custom-made ebonite one made to fit into the standard collar size while fitting/providing sufficient flow to a G nib, neither of which a stock feed will do. The nib itself is a standard Zebra G.

The collar is not stock. I machine this as well as the feed. I end up covered in dust, but the product is…nice.

It totally does :P that's the basic idea that he founded the company on : fountain pens built around the Zebra G.

Must confess though : the title misled me a bit ... I thought theser were actual JoWo nibs with a flex mod.

-k

I'm sorry. I never meant to mislead. Never. I am very no-nonsense.

So I can name a ton of pens that use a friction fit #6 Jowo nib, but what pens use a collar that this would screw in to? An Edison? I'm confused.

So I can name a ton of pens that use a friction fit #6 Jowo nib, but what pens use a collar that this would screw in to? An Edison? I'm confused.

I think most pen companies use screw in nib holders now days.

Here is a Jowo #6 unit I made for a Peyton St. pen using a FPR feed and a Leonardt Principal nib.

post-135048-0-68976700-1515625315_thumb.jpg

It took me a lot of time & I would have gladly purchased one pre-made.

The Zebra-G works in there as well.

Edited by Nail-Bender

Ah, my mistake, I apologize. It might be a good idea to mention those details on your page! People (like me) who make the wrong assumptions would probably be more appreciative of the product knowing that you make everything (minus the nib) yourself, which is very cool :)

This really does look great. Thanks for your initiative and fine work.

One thing for people to keep in mind is that the dip pen nibs have NO TIPPING so they will wear out and need to be replaced.

Can that be done my the user? And with the same "housing?"

Really nice work.

Continued success.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Can that be done my the user? And with the same "housing?"

In seconds...

Providing you prepare the nib properly by cleaning it in the way you clean dip pen nibs.

My gold Zebra-G nibs will last about 2 weeks of daily use if cared for properly (cleaned after each use)

Silver Zebra-G nibs & Leonardt Principal nibs will last about half that.

(I can get 6 pages, front and back, of 8 1/2" x 11" paper written with one Leonardt principal)

The best part is they cost about $2 each and give unequaled flex.

(better than any $1500.00 gold/wet noodle pen I've ever used)

Edited by Nail-Bender

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Posting a writing sample would make this thread even "more better" or is that "betterer"?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Posting a writing sample would make this thread even...

post-135048-0-41448400-1515763724_thumb.jpg

Early model Desiderata Icarus w/ Andy Beliveau clip & Bungubox clown tears.

Edited by Nail-Bender

My gold Zebra-G nibs will last about 2 weeks of daily use if cared for properly (cleaned after each use)

Silver Zebra-G nibs & Leonardt Principal nibs will last about half that.

(I can get 6 pages, front and back, of 8 1/2" x 11" paper written with one Leonardt principal)

The best part is they cost about $2 each and give unequaled flex.

(better than any $1500.00 gold/wet noodle pen I've ever used)

[i know nothing about dip pens]

What makes them wear out so fast? The material gets tired and remains permanently sprung or the paper eventually wears down the raw steel tip? Although that would be weird after just 6 pages ...

the paper eventually wears down the raw steel tip?

post-135048-0-33429500-1515795828_thumb.jpg

Desiderata Icarus w/ Leonardt Principal & Bungubox Imperial Purple

Yep, 6 pages (12 sheets) and I pitch em but some folks use them longer.

I order them by the pound so no biggie :D

Edited by Nail-Bender

[i know nothing about dip pens]

What makes them wear out so fast? The material gets tired and remains permanently sprung or the paper eventually wears down the raw steel tip? Although that would be weird after just 6 pages ...

Rust. They're coated, but flexing causes micro cracks.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

These look incredible, Pierre. Do converter filled pens provide enough ink flow to properly channel enough ink into these?

"Why me?"
"That is a very Earthling question to ask, Mr. Pilgrim. Why you? Why us for that matter? Why anything? Because this moment simply is. Have you ever seen bugs trapped in amber?"
"Yes."

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five