Mix And Match Hacks

Mech-for-i

That 271 cap is about the closest I've seen to a Pelikan-style knockoff haha. Nice touch using the brown demonstrator section with the pen! Even the gold trim rim matches nicely.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mech-for-i

• truthpil

• loubapache

• Dip n Scratch

fpn_1538571621__159clip.jpg

OK this is one that I recently discovered by experimentation ... The Jinhao 159's clip had almost always been criticized ( though I do not actually had any against it ) and the quest had always been for a replacement .. guess what ... I've found one .. sort of ... I take the clip off the Penton F20 Limited opaque colour version ( the F19 Limited opaque colour version should have the same clip ) and I was just checking if something can go with something else and viola ... yes one can screw off the 159 clip and trim ring and put onto it this clip, its external dimension is smaller thus if not putting trim ring on it will show a gap but visually and in use not really noticeable. For further work I've found that one can do some DIY and flatten the clip tessie ring part a bit and then the original trim ring can go on top and the finale screw in and it will all be nice. By the clip itself it will be a bit too thick to get the trim ring on. Not the best looking ut perhaps not as gaudy as the original.

Edited by Mech-for-i

45074769561_5cd4cb320c_k.jpgGui-Guan 310 on Wing Sung 62 barrel with a Yangtze 206 cap, on Flickr

Well I have myself to blame to need to come up with this one, my Gui-Guan 310 actually was working fine but then I accidentally got the cap flying off the desk and out of the window ( 6 floors up ) , needless to say the pen had to stay in the parts bin for quite a while ; the barrel, finally I've got it to made a desk pen of sort as illustrated before, and for the actual pen part section and all ( its a C/C filler with the smallest triumph nib on Chinese fountain pen), I did finally get it done up with this, a field green barrel off a Wing Sung 62, and the pale teal cap from a Yangtze 206. This actually feel better than the original 310 though not quite as robust ( the 310 is all steel on barrel and cap )

44163736905_5fde369004_k.jpgGui-Guan 310 modded by Mech for i, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

• 2 weeks later...

I need some hack help. My first Huafu 186 was so nice that I bought a spare, but sadly the nipple inside the section snapped off when I removed the converter from the new one. Now I'm stuck with a great nib and nice aluminium cap and barrel, but a totally useless section.

Two questions:

- Are there any pens out there that will take the 186 nib or both feed and nib? The nib is bigger at the base than the current #5 size, so I couldn't get it to fit in my Jinhaos.

- Are there any pens out there with sections that will fit the 186's barrel and cap? I'd hate to waste them!

Thanks for any assistance.

well well, might as well get yet another 186 !! Ok that's the easy way out ... now the nib and feed , plenty of Hero's old 1990's model use this larger size nib, but off the head I cannot say which particular one, I believe it will go into plenty of the vintage 26 model also. As for fixing the barrel and cap with a new section ... hmm some of those old models would screw in but would not fit, the 186 got a pretty short section, and equally limited space inside the cap. If I recall it right only the old Hero 395 ( 1990's ) actually would screw on and allow the cap to close. But the 395 section is chromed and it use the smaller de facto size 26 / no.5 nib so it will drastically change the aesthetic and how the pen might feel but I recall it work straight alright.

Not around my cache of pens so I cannot be sure, back home this evening I will try them

As for fixing the barrel and cap with a new section ... hmm some of those old models would screw in but would not fit, the 186 got a pretty short section, and equally limited space inside the cap.

This is the problem I ran into. For example, the Hero 5028 section will screw in to the 186 barrel fine but it's too long to fit in the cap.

Crisis averted! My Selmy that recently arrived in the mail had a generic mediocre nib, but the Huafu 186's nib fit perfectly! Now I've got a beautiful icy-looking pen with a great semi-flex nib to start off the winter. :D

fpn_1540122663__selmy_with_huafu_186_nib

• 3 weeks later...

This uses the section, nib, and feed from a PenBBS 322, and the acrylic bodies from the Jinhao 51a. The cartridge collar of the 322 section is too long, so I cut a little less than half of it off with a rotary tool.

fpn_1541706717__img_20181108_185906694.j

• 2 weeks later...

My final assembly of the nice acrylic barrel from the Jinhao 51A , using Wing Sung 3006 pen parts retrofitted with a vintage Wing Sung 12K nib, and a cap from vintage Wing Sung 233 ( TigP gold )

31053755707_02024b8dc1_k.jpgWing Sung 3006 Up-graded, on Flickr

Golden Star / Glod Star / Jinxing 703 had very well made pen parts but poorly designed and poorly made cap and a somewhat below average barrel. Some mix and match retrofitting thus ~ vintage Hero Calligraphy nib, Lily 715 cap and barrel double jewel

44177170240_6e541ff84b_k.jpgJinxing 703 modded, on Flickr

My final assembly of the nice acrylic barrel from the Jinhao 51A , using Wing Sung 3006 pen parts retrofitted with a vintage Wing Sung 12K nib, and a cap from vintage Wing Sung 233 ( TigP gold )

The gold cap and acrylic go so nicely together!

Any idea where I can get one of those black cat pen rests? I've been searching all over to no avail. I like how simple and understated it is.

The gold cap and acrylic go so nicely together!

Any idea where I can get one of those black cat pen rests? I've been searching all over to no avail. I like how simple and understated it is.

no idea, had them for years might be even a decade ... all I can remember is these are resin and they were not sold as stationary but home accessory

Edited by Mech-for-i

no idea, had them for years might be even a decade ... all I can remember is these are resin and they were not sold as stationary but home accessory

Thanks! Is this it?

TB2PtWPvRjTBKNjSZFDXXbVgVXa_!!1692090922

TB2nGYhvH3nBKNjSZFMXXaUSFXa_!!1692090922

These are refrigerator magnets. :)

Edited by TruthPil

oh & BTW, TruthPil, you might want to post the link to where to buy this since quite a few fellow member had already express their wish to get one of these

oh & BTW, TruthPil, you might want to post the link to where to buy this since quite a few fellow member had already express their wish to get one of these

There are several sellers on Taobao offering these. Here is one of the better priced options:

https://m.tb.cn/h.3mim9b6?sm=4a126c

Now I just need to find something similar with a different animal so I don't rip off your photo design. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well i was looking for a Wing Sung 3006 for some time now and i think i found it ! Mech it's this the Wing Sung 3006 ? https://www.yoycart.com/Product/573801052817/

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Yeah, those are the ones

I found on this site a lot of nice pen's not found on Ebay or Aliexpress , pen's like Hero 120 at 48 $ and 16 $ shipping , Wing Sung 105 , 101,102 , the new Hero 100 all steel .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius