Pif: Pilot Parallel Giveaway

Venemo

The Pilot Parallel is a fun calligraphy pen, but I'm not an expert in using it, and don't really use it that much these days. So I decided to give it away! I've got two of them actually, the 1.5mm and the 3.8mm version. Both are part of this giveaway. :)

To enter, you need to:

• Have at least 20 posts on FPN.
  • Write a hand-written note (maybe 4-5 sentences, but of course you can write more) about why you would like to have the Pilot Parallel and what would you do with it.
  • Add a few words about yourself (nothing uncomfortable, though).
  • Post the hand-written note to this thread.
  • Indicate which one you would like: 1.5mm (orange), or 3.8mm (green), or both.

Rules:

• Winners will be selected at the beginning of february.
  • I will cover shipping unless it's prohibitively expensive.

Have fun!

post-107785-0-90662300-1515192458_thumb.jpg

post-107785-0-56467900-1515192467_thumb.jpg

post-107785-0-36401600-1515192474_thumb.jpg

Edited by Venemo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Venemo

• AberHulk

• dragorsi

• pitonyak

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Szia Orsi! It's indeed unexpected to find someone of my homeland on FPN, I have only known a very few fountain pen people locally. I'm happy to see you here! :)

Not an entrant (Parallels are cheap enough that if I decide I want one I'll just go buy one in one of the local art stores).

But thank you for doing this.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here is my entry!

post-139130-0-54131700-1515466251_thumb.jpg

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”

Frank Herbert, Dune

I already have both of these pens.

I regularly use the 1.5mm Parallel in my journal. My normal handwriting is really cramped and narrow, and using the 1.5mm stub will enforce a wider, more open hand. At least, such is my hope. My writing goes back to being narrow and cramped whenever I pick up (say) one of my Hero 616 XF pens.

I already have both of these pens.

I regularly use the 1.5mm Parallel in my journal. My normal handwriting is really cramped and narrow, and using the 1.5mm stub will enforce a wider, more open hand. At least, such is my hope. My writing goes back to being narrow and cramped whenever I pick up (say) one of my Hero 616 XF pens.

I had hoped something similar from the 1.5mm Parallel, but it wrote much too wet for me to even consider using it for regular writing. The only "calligraphy" pen that I successfully used for everyday writing was the 0.6mm Rotring Art Pen, and even that was a bit too broad for me.

Otherwise I, too, have "cramped and narrow" handwriting, but that's what feels comfortable to me, and I like writing that way. So I'm a fan of F and XF nibs these days. :)

As always thank you for the opportunity. I am always grateful for the generosity of people on this forum. I cant wait for the drawing. Maybe Ill win an early birthday present.

24777852527_3635150cf6_z.jpg

pic-postcard-exc.jpg

• 1 month later...

The two winners have been selected!

• AberHulk wins the 1.5mm Pilot Parallel
  • dragorsi wins the 3.8mm Pilot Parallel

Congrats to the both of you. You guys will be contacted in a private message very soon! :)

That's awesome! Thank you

C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”

Frank Herbert, Dune

• 1 month later...

I like how this pen writes!

post-139130-0-41090900-1522309861_thumb.jpg

C.S. Lewis

Frank Herbert, Dune