January: Perfect Match - 2018 Monthly Ink Combo Project

lgsoltek

Tsuyu Kusa and Yama Guri.

fpn_1515956640__tsuyu_kusa_yama_guri.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

• LizEF

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes - I love ink colour matches that are a little bit 'left field'.

Here is another match that I like. The colours were inspired by a favourite piece of fabric that was block printed in India.

attachicon.gifLamy Copper Orange + DA Maron.jpg

(Do I recall correctly that DA reformulated their Maron ink? If they did then this is the original Maron colour, from about 2013)

Your leaf combo drawing is beautiful! This is my kind of combo as well, though I feel that Lamy Copper Orange should be more orange?

I'll see if I can manage to churn something out by the end of the month. All these photos have been so inspiring!

Your leaf combo drawing is beautiful! This is my kind of combo as well, though I feel that Lamy Copper Orange should be more orange?

Thank you for your kind comments :-)

I find that Lamy Copper Orange is extremely paper dependent. My doodle is on 160gsm toothy off-white sketching paper, quite absorbent. On this kind of paper the “orangeness” is less obvious and disappears into the background, leaving the more subdued/dull metallic tones. I agree it is a brighter orange ink on other papers.

Verba volant, scripta manent

The colors are off in the scan and I can use Photoshop only once the new PC is up and running, but the pictures I chose are the closest to the actual colors.

I know it's a weird combination but Diamine Imperial Purple or Pelikan 4001 Violett (they're so similar!) and Diamine Sepia together... fascinate me, for lack of a better term. I can't explain it. They're a surprisingly hypnotizing match for me.

gltWLsi.jpg

Be3yWA9.jpg

Xpn96Kw.jpg

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

The colors are off in the scan and I can use Photoshop only once the new PC is up and running, but the pictures I chose are the closest to the actual colors.

I know it's a weird combination but Diamine Imperial Purple or Pelikan 4001 Violett (they're so similar!) and Diamine Sepia together... fascinate me, for lack of a better term. I can't explain it. They're a surprisingly hypnotizing match for me.

Purple & sepia - what an unusual combination! I really like it.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Thank you all for the wonderful contributions to this month's challenge... I've discovered quite some colour combinations that work great together. Wonderful !

For my own contribution, my eye has fallen on the perfect match between Callifolio Heure Dorée and Diamine Wagner. In my opinion, they work really well together.

fpn_1516481302__201801-perfect_match-300

Thank you all for the wonderful contributions to this month's challenge... I've discovered quite some colour combinations that work great together. Wonderful !

For my own contribution, my eye has fallen on the perfect match between Callifolio Heure Dorée and Diamine Wagner. In my opinion, they work really well together.

Excellent. :)

fpn_1516481302__201801-perfect_match-300

Gorgeous.

I struggled with finding inspiration (and to a lesser degree; time) for this first monthly combo.

Here are 2 quick entries; the first one; Franklin Christoph Tenebris Purpuratum + Monteverde Olivine, was pure luck; it just made itself as I was flipping the pages of my ink book.

The second one; Diamine Majestic Blue + Monteverde Topaz, is what I had in mind before that stroke of luck; so I gave it a chance still.

20180121_080726b.jpg

Note: The image hosting website I'm using now (I had to change) seems to blur all the photos... I apologise for this.

Lots of very nice and inspiring entries. Thanks and congrats everyone - and especially thank you Lgsoltek for making it happen

I like very much complementary colors in combination (orange and blue, red and green, violet and yellow), but orange and blue is my favorite of the three. The Diamine and the Monteverde are a really lovely duo, and your image is very creative. Like it a lot.

The second is interesting —dark and murky colors are usually not my preferred color range, but your combination works well! Bravo.

Great penmanship! So clear, crisp and clean.

BTW, have you tried Deep Dark Orange? That's my absolute favorite of the "Deep Dark" series.

Thanks, pity about the photos. I’ll try something else later this week.

I have all the “Deep Dark” series and Deep Dark Orange is a great colour.

I struggled with finding inspiration (and to a lesser degree; time) for this first monthly combo.

Here are 2 quick entries; the first one; Franklin Christoph Tenebris Purpuratum + Monteverde Olivine, was pure luck; it just made itself as I was flipping the pages of my ink book.

Wow! I love this combo!

First contribution to these weekly/monthly projects. I tend to like to pair up inks from the same brand. I've chosen these colors for a class I take twice a week - for note taking, exercises and corrections. It's a basic combo that I find subtle and calming. I think it's kind of similar to pseudo88's blue and brown combos, but much more somber..

Photo taken with an iPhone, outdoors in bright morning light on a cloudy day. Sorry about the shadows, the not so flat paper, and the sliver of finger.

Edited to fix typos.

fpn_1516605949__img_1864.jpg

Edited by D3N2

Kaweco Sunrise Orange and Kaweco Smokey Grey

I recently reviewed these two relatively new additions to the Kaweco ink range. Orange and grey work well together as complimentary colours.

Here are some images for your pleasure. If you want read the review: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/331602-kaweco-sunrise-orange-and-smokey-grey/

nick_stewart-kaweco_ink_02.jpg

nick_stewart-kaweco_ink_06.jpg

nick_stewart-kaweco_ink_01.jpg

nick_stewart-kaweco_ink_05.jpg

nick_stewart-kaweco_ink_04.jpg

If you like what I’m up to, you can also follow me on social media:

Instagram: @quinkandbleach
Twitter: @nickistew
Facebook: Fountain Pen Inks & Bleach

I also have a portfolio of test art pieces at: https://www.behance.net/Nick_Stewart

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Kaweco Sunrise Orange and Kaweco Smokey Grey

I recently reviewed these two relatively new additions to the Kaweco ink range. Orange and grey work well together as complimentary colours.

Here are some images for your pleasure. If you want read the review: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/331602-kaweco-sunrise-orange-and-smokey-grey/

If you like what I’m up to, you can also follow me on social media:

Instagram: @quinkandbleach

Twitter: @nickistew

Facebook: Fountain Pen Inks & Bleach

I also have a portfolio of test art pieces at: https://www.behance.net/Nick_Stewart

Wow. :wub:

De Atramentis Camelien Red with Bronze, J Herbin Stormy Grey and Noodler's eel Blu.

fpn_1516659626__201800.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

De Atramentis Camelien Red with Bronze, J Herbin Stormy Grey and Noodler's eel Blu.

The longer I stare at this the more I want to listen to the French national anthem for some reason.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Beautiful inky combos this month! The colors and the doodles make me swoon.

I'll post mine soon - selected two combos during the first week and have procrastinated the scanning. Ugh.

fpn_1516659626__201800.jpg

COOL! It has a really painterly quality. Nice combination of sparkly and non-sparkly!