January: Perfect Match - 2018 Monthly Ink Combo Project

lgsoltek

Wow those are some great colour combinations and some pretty impressive art work!

I'm no artist by a loooong way but I love to doodle, so here is my contribution:

post-51882-0-28462700-1515777083_thumb.jpg

post-51882-0-07032400-1515777118_thumb.jpg

The artificial light really kills the real colours, will try again once there is some actual sunlight around.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

• LizEF

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow those are some great colour combinations and some pretty impressive art work!

I'm no artist by a loooong way but I love to doodle, so here is my contribution:

attachicon.gif20180112_173336.jpg

attachicon.gif20180112_173439.jpg

The artificial light really kills the real colours, will try again once there is some actual sunlight around.

Nice combos, phoenixfeder. :)

I really like those too, and I wish I could write that neatly. :)

Interesting combos! I’ve never heard of Abraxas inks?

I REALLY like this combination!! :D

Im glad you like it. It wasn’t an obvious match but I happened to write two journal entries with the two inks and the colours looked great on adjacent pages.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Migo, the colors and your drawing are super! I wouldn't have thought of them, but what a fantastic illustration of looking to nature.

Thank you for your comment :-) I didn’t actually look to nature: the match is a result of using the inks in my journal. My very quick doodle of leaves was just a way to show the colours together here. My default doodle style is usually organic shapes - I’m not sure why :-)

I think it's a perfect match!

Yes - I love ink colour matches that are a little bit 'left field'.

Here is another match that I like. The colours were inspired by a favourite piece of fabric that was block printed in India.

post-100486-0-15597700-1515841630_thumb.jpg

(Do I recall correctly that DA reformulated their Maron ink? If they did then this is the original Maron colour, from about 2013)

Chrissy, your blue tit drawing is very nice - great proportion and color. You made a wonderful observation about looking to nature for color matches. :-)

Migo, the colors and your drawing are super! I wouldn't have thought of them, but what a fantastic illustration of looking to nature.

Thank you. :) I appreciate your comments. Looking to nature seems like a natural thing to do. :D

Nice combos, phoenixfeder. :)

Thanks, Liz!

I really like those too, and I wish I could write that neatly. :)

Thank you! I saw some of your handwriting, Chrissy, and it's really neat :)

Interesting combos! I’ve never heard of Abraxas inks?

I got the Abraxas inks in Basel, Switzerland, in a small shop. They had lots of colours and also scented inks. I think I got 5 inks, 3 scented and 2 unscented ones. They are more on the medium-dry side (that's at least my impression) but do flow freely and have nice shading.

I tried to take better pictures today but no luck. The sun might be somewhere on this planet but not close to where I live. Big fat clouds all day. Will try again tomorrow, with any luck the sun might show itself!

Wow! Some stunning combinations there. I am struggling for time and opportunity this month and this photo is useless. :wacko: I am hoping I will get time for a better combo later on, but just in case...

fpn_1515898766__jan_2018_1.png

fpn_1515898895__jan_2018_2.png

Ok, got a tiny bit more sunshine today. Not much but did another photo anyway.

post-51882-0-63328700-1515928362_thumb.jpg

And some more doodles. Personally I prefer Diamine Deep Dark Red with Pelikan 4001 Dark Green of the lot.

post-51882-0-09363500-1515928491_thumb.jpg

post-51882-0-93950800-1515928514_thumb.jpg

Lamy Neon Coral is too orange in this picture. It's one of those inks that are hard to get right in colour in a photo.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!

attachicon.gif20180114_115040-rz.jpg

Lamy Neon Coral is too orange in this picture. It's one of those inks that are hard to get right in colour in a photo.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!

I really love the Coral and Aquamarine combination! I like those bright, vivid color bursts!

fpn_1515898766__jan_2018_1.png

Great penmanship! So clear, crisp and clean.

BTW, have you tried Deep Dark Orange? That's my absolute favorite of the "Deep Dark" series.

Lie de thé + Ajisai... Took me a while to find a partner for latter.

fpn_1515955378__lie_de_the_ajisai.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

This is an easy one: Vert Empire, Fuyu Gaki

fpn_1515955747__vert_empire_fuyu_gaki.jp

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Another easy choice: Orange Indien, Perle Noire.

fpn_1515955941__orange_indien_pperle_noi

B. Russell

Another green orange combination, Verde Muschiato and Mandarin.

fpn_1515956295__verde_muschiato_mandarin

B. Russell